What comes after mutual combat?

Euler

CWBChicago

CWBChicago said:

... Juan Nandi was shot in the neck as he drove near Lincoln and Montrose.

Police said Nandi tossed a gun into a back yard as they approached him. Now, CWBChicago has learned, prosecutors initially refused to charge him with felony illegal gun possession because "victims cannot be offenders."

On Wednesday evening, twelve hours after the first prosecutor spiked the case, a different assistant state’s attorney signed off on the charges, CPD records show.

I wonder if that applies to everyone?

On 10/16/2021 at 9:24 AM, Yas said:

Perhaps Chicago can remodel Solider field into Thunderdome for mutual combatants so the bystanders (aka not combatants) don't get perforated?   Charge an entrance fee? After all the city needs the revenue. 

I'd make it free to enter, with no id checking or anything, possibly even supplying free ammo.  

It would be well worth the money, scoop up the dead with a skid steer into a dump trunk and take them them in a burn pile. 

On 10/17/2021 at 2:15 PM, mab22 said:

So if you can prove your a victim somehow, you don’t need a FOID or CCL in cook county, according to those states attorneys? ...

It explains the Cook County perversion of mutual combat. Rather than both parties being perpetrators, both parties are victims. If everyone is a victim, then no one is a perpetrator.

If you think about it, there's some consistency here. It was the gun's fault that Nandi was carrying it. Nandi was a victim. When Nandi was shot, it was the gun that shot him that is to blame. The shooter, whoever he was, was another victim of his own gun. Did he possess the gun, or did the gun possess him?

On 10/17/2021 at 7:33 PM, rmart said:

I wonder if Kyle Rittenhouse's attorneys should pursue this line of legal genius.

It may seem like legal genius now, but we need to see how a judge feels about “both parties” are victims and thus not guilty of things like possession of a firearm without license, unlawful discharge, etc, etc, etc. 

A student from my old high school was recently stabbed to death in a fight by a kid from Elgin. Kim Foxx's office claimed Mutual combat between the two, and all of the kids that I went to high school with were OUTRAGED on social media that the perpetrator wasn't charged with murder. These are the same people that ran down the ballot voting DEM last year and probably voted for her without even knowing. I went to the polls to vote exclusively against her. but every time I see a post of the sorts I cant help but think YOU IDIOTS ARE THE SAME PEOPLE THAT VOTED HER INTO OFFICE. These people will never learn.

• 2 weeks later...

Another stabbing on video

Witnesses

Victim picks out the assailant 

Foxx says police agree with her that there wasn’t enough evidence to support charges so

Assailant released 

Seems her new excuse for all of these are not enough solid evidence to support their time and efforts to get a conviction

Is she and or her prosecutors afraid of losing a case

SHFH

On 10/25/2021 at 10:12 PM, Bubbacs said:

Another stabbing on video

Witnesses

Victim picks out the assailant 

Foxx says police agree with her that there wasn’t enough evidence to support charges so

Assailant released 

Seems her new excuse for all of these are not enough solid evidence to support their time and efforts to get a conviction

Is she and or her prosecutors afraid of losing a case

SHFH

And what “police” would that be? Unicorn patrol? 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived