New Map States that Honor the IL CCL

Gary Slider

• Molly B. pinned this topic
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Gary, I would like to say thank you for this update.  I recommend your website to my family, friends and every student I put through the conceal carry class I teach. 

I have noticed that you eliminated the  "create a map"  ability on your site.  I  utilized that feature alot and actually used it to create maps for my students to see the reciprocal agreements between the states or the lack thereof.  

Is the create a map feature gone for good or can we get that back.  

Thanks

KING 👍 

On 4/13/2022 at 10:54 AM, THE KING said:

Gary, I would like to say thank you for this update.  I recommend your website to my family, friends and every student I put through the conceal carry class I teach. 

I have noticed that you eliminated the  "create a map"  ability on your site.  I  utilized that feature alot and actually used it to create maps for my students to see the reciprocal agreements between the states or the lack thereof.  

Is the create a map feature gone for good or can we get that back.  

Thanks

KING 👍 

IIRC the CCW app allows you to create the map.

The king,  The app is no longer. It died a much needed death! It was to simple and couldn't show all the quirks in how states honor each other.  down load the attached maps and open in Microsoft Paint. You can edit it any way you want. Paint comes with windows no matter what version you have on your computer. I advise not to change the size of the map as it starts to distort very quickly. Everything on Handgunlaw.us is created with Microsoft Word, Excel and Paint. The map is just a copy and paste into a word doc and then that states page is saved as a PDF and Uploaded to the site.  Once Steve designed the site and made the main page layout and a few other pages everything else is just a word or excel file saved as a PDF and uploaded to the site.  Some hate PDFs but in the old days I use to code all the entries and it took forever. Reason I said OK to Steve in 2006 to start Handgunlaw.us was I wouldn't have to code. I still put in hours everyday. Building Handgunlaw.us was the easy part, Keeping it updated is all the work.  Stay Safe,

Illinois_map.png

Edited by Gary Slider
I removed the blank map as it wouldn't work. The other one will.

On 4/13/2022 at 5:25 PM, Hatchet said:

Yep, people from Hawaii still can't carry in Georgia is how I read it. And would vermont fall under that since they don't issue permits?

People from Vermont are screwed by other states, because VT won't issue cards to be used in other states. I see VT's point, though. If nobody needs a permit within Vermont, why should VT residents need permits anywhere?

Applies to residents and non-residents of Georgia

§ 16-11-125.1    As used in this part, the term:

(2.1) 'Lawful Weapons Carrier' means any person who is licensed or eligible for a license pursuant to Code Section 16-11-129 and who is not otherwise prohibited by law from possessing a weapon or long gun, any resident of any other state who would otherwise be eligible to obtain a license pursuant to such Code  section but for the residency requirement, and any person licensed to carry a weapon in any other state.

On 4/13/2022 at 11:37 PM, illinois_buckeye said:

On the first maps I was going to say you may check Michigan and South Carolina.  I signed up with USCCA, and according to their reciprocity map those should be ok for Illinois ccl holders. 

If you look at the legend on the map you will see that MI and SC are shown as Honoring Illinois Resident Permits Only.  IL issues to some non-residents and they can't carry in MI or SC with an IL non-Resident permit. Those two states only honor resident permits from the states they honor. 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

That map is no longer correct as the Dictators in the Slavery Capitol of Springfield and the King 

DIRT BAG himself are going to make it illegal for us to carry in Illinois unless its a rubber band or ping pong ball

gun. And they will do their damnest to make sure if you shoot one of the scum gang members in the commission of a felony

that they charge you, the honest working taxpaying citizen with harming one of the little angels and let them walk for whatever crimes 

they commit.

Welcome to heck and yes, they are getting what they voted for.

Stand on your feet and face the enemy, as they are here, or die on your knees as a slave!

On 1/10/2023 at 3:18 PM, 45b said:

That map is no longer correct as the Dictators in the Slavery Capitol of Springfield and the King 

DIRT BAG himself are going to make it illegal for us to carry in Illinois unless its a rubber band or ping pong ball

gun. And they will do their damnest to make sure if you shoot one of the scum gang members in the commission of a felony

that they charge you, the honest working taxpaying citizen with harming one of the little angels and let them walk for whatever crimes 

they commit.

Welcome to heck and yes, they are getting what they voted for.

Stand on your feet and face the enemy, as they are here, or die on your knees as a slave!

Why would the map no longer be correct? States that do not honor another state's permit usually do so because the second state's laws are not restrictive enough. If Illinois becomes more restrictive, why would Georgia, or whatever state, not honor Illinois' permit? 

I am aware that some states will not recognize another state's permit because that state's officials, e.g., attorney general, will not recognize state one's permit, or petition that state. 

What is the difference between heck and heck? Just curious why you use "damn", but not "heck". I do not mean to challenge you. Use what terms that you wish.

Edited by Quiet Observer

hotel echo echo Lima  typed in as a word is substituted as "heck" ( hotel echo charlie kilo )  by the browser software.

oops!

hotel echo Lima Lima  typed in as a word is substituted as "heck" ( hotel echo charlie kilo )  by the browser software.

Edited by markthesignguy

"hotel echo echo Lima"? "heel"?

And, isn't it more about "reciprocity" rather than similar "restrictions"?  For the longest time (IIRC), IL-ANNOY didn't honor other states as they felt those states rules were too lax.  And those states didn't honor IL-ANNOY's CCP because there was not "tit for tat".

Edited by JTHunter