Legal carry in posted business

cola490

From section 10 of FCCA:

“ (g) A licensee shall possess a license at all times the licensee carries a concealed firearm except:

(1) when the licensee is carrying or possessing a concealed firearm on his or her land or in his or her abode, legal dwelling, or fixed place of business, or on the land or in the legal dwelling of another person as an invitee with that person's permission”;

The owner of private property has the right to determine who may carry on the property. 

On 9/19/2021 at 4:51 PM, thepointbeing said:

I recommend, if possible, a signed and dated permission letter or similar document from the property/business owner including the location address, employee name(s), and any other pertinent information. CYA!

If it’s a private business and you’re conceal carrying why would you need a letter?

Does everyone assume that the carry police are lurking everywhere?

Who is going to think twice if an employee or anyone is carrying.

Wait they don’t know you are carrying. Unless you tell them, so don’t tell them!

On 9/22/2021 at 12:31 AM, Bubbacs said:

If it’s a private business and you’re conceal carrying why would you need a letter?

Does everyone assume that the carry police are lurking everywhere?

Who is going to think twice if an employee or anyone is carrying.

Wait they don’t know you are carrying. Unless you tell them, so don’t tell them!

flat,800x800,075,f.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

On 9/24/2021 at 11:21 AM, Smallbore said:

A business that I would be concerned about is one that sell alcoholic beverages who are mandated by statute. The statute also mandates a penalty.

I believe it is a travesty of justice if this statute prevented armed security on the property.

I am interested in others opinions on this.

The concealed carry act which addresses the carrying of concealed firearms by the public in public places does not supersede state law that allows people to carry firearms concealed or open on their own land or in their own places of business.  My opinion.

On 9/19/2021 at 1:22 PM, Molly B. said:

A business owner,  who posts the no carry sign for the public may still give employees and others permission to carry. 

A business that is required by the town to be no carry can have their employee's carry, I certainly don't disagree with it, just seems a bit fuzzy... 

Archived