Jump to content

Can not contact State Police for questions on Foid card


PX4
 Share

Recommended Posts

I had a thought!!!

Perhaps if, in such a situation, a law abiding citizen visited their LOCAL police facility...was then able to confirm and identify...

Said local police service can send a verification notification to the state.

At which time the state quickly confirms within 24-48 hours.

Optionally....for the uber paranoid....The verify-ee can be given a verification-verification code to verify that that have been verified...

 

Wait...

What the HECK am I talking about?!??!

I'm sorry...I apologize to the state of IL for 'thinking' about a possible rational solution.

Perhaps if I think of something that pays off some cronies.......(?)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 5:20 PM, MagSlap said:

...

Perhaps if, in such a situation, a law abiding citizen visited their LOCAL police facility...was then able to confirm and identify...

...

 

Wasn't that one of the anti-2A bills last year? Applicants, including renewals, had to apply at ISP offices. Online was to be eliminated.

Now they've made you think it was YOUR idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 5:00 PM, Euler said:

 

Wasn't that one of the anti-2A bills last year? Applicants, including renewals, had to apply at ISP offices. Online was to be eliminated.

Now they've made you think it was YOUR idea.

 

I said LOCAL POLICE FACILITY..not ISP

Every city/township has them...

You know..you may have called one if you witnessed a car accident and needed help...

 

Just sayin'...(again)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 2:28 PM, PX4 said:

Wife forgot account and password. Started a new account and was told to contact them for verification and can’t get any answer either by e-mail or phone. We need some help.

 

 

Please send me a private message with her full legal name, date of birth, FOID or driver's license number along with contact info.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 4:20 PM, MagSlap said:

...

Perhaps if, in such a situation, a law abiding citizen visited their LOCAL police facility...was then able to confirm and identify.

...

 

 

Or how about ("thinking out loud" here for a potential future solution) you go to the local Secretary of State (SoS) office. No better verification than there-the SoS is the source of the FOID card picture and used to verify identities.

 

Even better yet- When you go to apply/ renew your drivers license or state id, you are given the choice to apply or renew your FOID. This would be just like registering to vote. Just like voter registration, they ask you a few questions and you are done. No need for a photo, as the SoS representative can verify right there on the spot. The application is then forwarded to the Illinois State Police for processing. Or, even easier, the SoS could process. The implementation of this would not be too bad. The FOID "systems" and SoS "systems" are already integrated for not only identity verification but also for LEADS (Law Enforcement Automated Data System). 

 

This could be called Motor Firearm Owner Application.

Edited by Stats
clarification
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2021 at 6:45 AM, Stats said:

 

Or how about ("thinking out loud" here for a potential future solution) you go to the local Secretary of State (SoS) office. No better verification than there-the SoS is the source of the FOID card picture and used to verify identities.

 

Even better yet- When you go to apply/ renew your drivers license or state id, you are given the choice to apply or renew your FOID. This would be just like registering to vote. Just like voter registration, they ask you a few questions and you are done. No need for a photo, as the SoS representative can verify right there on the spot. The application is then forwarded to the Illinois State Police for processing. Or, even easier, the SoS could process. The implementation of this would not be too bad. The FOID "systems" and SoS "systems" are already integrated for not only identity verification but also for LEADS (Law Enforcement Automated Data System). 

 

This could be called Motor Firearm Owner Application.

 

 

ILikeIt.gif.08c806971f443a442c32d9d299090a2e.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...