Jump to content

Cook County Gun Lobby Day


Lou
 Share

Recommended Posts

That's a smart dude who posted that. You should listen to him, and attend. (that dude is me)

I was sharing for the 761st gun club and I am not officially involved in the event other than planning to attend.  The 761 gun club is legit. Their president was a speaker at IGOLD a few years back. 

I feel this event is far more important than IGOLD. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was a time the ISRA did this.  IMO, this is just how IGOLD aught to be.  Bring 6-7000 freedom loving civilians into chicago and block an intersection peacefully just like the LWW's do but without the violence.  We barely make the 5:00 news when a few thousand march through Springfield.  heck, the governor doesn't even bother going to Springfield, why should we?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We did this a few times, the last time I believe was 2010.  We held it at the Thompson Center across from City hall.  We even marched around the City Hall/County Building.  Otis McDonald was one of your featured speakers.

 

One of the reasons it was dropped IMHO was because there were just as many, if not more, downstate supporters than Chicago supporters. 

 

 

DSC_7468.JPG

DSC_7478.JPG

DSC_7504.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 9:45 AM, Jeffrey said:

There was a time the ISRA did this.  IMO, this is just how IGOLD aught to be.  Bring 6-7000 freedom loving civilians into chicago and block an intersection peacefully just like the LWW's do but without the violence.  We barely make the 5:00 news when a few thousand march through Springfield.  heck, the governor doesn't even bother going to Springfield, why should we?

So many people say igold is too far. OK. Call their bluff. 99% of gun owners are just too lazy to defend their right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 9:56 AM, Lou said:

We did this a few times, the last time I believe was 2010.  We held it at the Thompson Center across from City hall.  We even marched around the City Hall/County Building.  Otis McDonald was one of your featured speakers.

 

One of the reasons it was dropped IMHO was because there were just as many, if not more, downstate supporters than Chicago supporters. 

 

 

DSC_7468.JPG

DSC_7478.JPG

DSC_7504.JPG

 

Why would it matter where the support came from? Seems a rather odd reason for not doing it ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 10:16 AM, AlphaKoncepts aka CGS said:

So many people say igold is too far. OK. Call their bluff. 99% of gun owners are just too lazy to defend their right. 

I still make the trip most years but, 3+ hours to get to Springfield for me versus 35 minutes to the city...

 

Your last sentence says it all unfortunately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 10:22 AM, Talonap said:

 

Why would it matter where the support came from? Seems a rather odd reason for not doing it ...

SAFR was started because there were people complaining about the trip from Chicago/Cook County was too far to go to Springfield where the legislature is so we started holding a Second Amendment Freedom Rally in downtown Chicago.  
 

There is a HUGE amount of coordination that goes into putting on a rally, especially when dealing with a bureaucracy that is antagonistic to your cause.  After holding it for 2-3 years it was just not as well attended as IGOLD.

 

There was frequent criticism of the Chicago media that IGOLD was not covered or only got a passing mention because “ It should be covered by the downstate papers”.  When we held SAFR in Chicago the media ignored us anyway.

It was too easy for the Chicago politicians to ignore us too so we wond up preaching to the choir.  
 

SAFR was just not as effective as IGOLD.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It makes no difference of the location or attendee's to the local MSM.  We are the bad guys in any situation according to them.  Make a date, announce the **** out of it on every media platform that hasn't booted you yet, let the people come.  No permit?  Who needs a permit for a group of people that decided to come to the same place?  Last I checked, the sidewalks are still usable by anyone willing no permit necessary.  Let the media put out their typical useless drivel how a bunch of people with no negative police records clog an intersection.  I'm sick playing nice..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was IllinoisCarry and ISRA working together.

 

We also had support from the Heartland Institute and Ralph Conner.

 

The best, the absolute best, was getting the permit to march around City Hall.

Second to that was the look on the Sgt's face when after we told him we were gonna march around City Hall,

we showed him the permit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 12:48 PM, mikew said:

It was IllinoisCarry and ISRA working together.

 

We also had support from the Heartland Institute and Ralph Conner.

 

The best, the absolute best, was getting the permit to march around City Hall.

Second to that was the look on the Sgt's face when after we told him we were gonna march around City Hall,

we showed him the permit. 

Priceless indeed.  A close second was when Plegher picketed us.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back then, there really weren't any gun groups in Chicago so we were outsiders bringing in our own outsiders to rally.  Chicago legislators don't care what outsiders have to say.

 

Now that there are more Chicago gun owners and Chicago gun groups, they might hold more sway.  Back then, Chicago residents feared being identified as a firearm owner. I'm not sure if that will still be an issue or not.

 

We should consider supporting this group and helping spread the word about their event.

 

p.s. the flier has an April date and Oct date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 3:20 PM, Jeffrey said:

If I were a gambling man, I'd bet Pfake Pfather Pfleger had more guns protecting him that day than any on our side had.

He did show up in a big black SUV with darker out windows that was driven by people did look like they carrying - this was before the FCCA was passed.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 4:00 PM, Lou said:

He did show up in a big black SUV with darker out windows that was driven by people did look like they carrying - this was before the FCCA was passed.  

Pfhleger was there picketing the NRA which was not a sponsor of SAFR 2009.  

 

We made sure that the Chicago media would not get any photos of him without getting some of Mark The Sign Guy's signs in the same photo . 

One of the few time the his minions in the Chicago media did not plaster his protest photos all over the paper. 

 

DSC03907.JPG

DSC03909.JPG

DSC03912.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2021 at 12:48 PM, mikew said:

It was IllinoisCarry and ISRA working together.

 

We also had support from the Heartland Institute and Ralph Conner.

 

The best, the absolute best, was getting the permit to march around City Hall.

Second to that was the look on the Sgt's face when after we told him we were gonna march around City Hall,

we showed him the permit. 

We had some first rate soeakers in 2009.

 

DSC03894.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 6:10 PM, Lou said:

Pfhleger was there picketing the NRA which was not a sponsor of SAFR 2009.  

 

We made sure that the Chicago media would not get any photos of him without getting some of Mark The Sign Guy's signs in the same photo . 

One of the few time the his minions in the Chicago media did not plaster his protest photos all over the paper. 

 

DSC03907.JPG

DSC03909.JPG

DSC03912.JPG

Priceless!!!  (And his flunky with the shades on was carrying ...)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Making sure our signs were in Phleger's background was hilarious!!   Telling the police officer that we were going to cross the street to march around city hall was unforgettable!!  He said, "not without a permit you're not" and we whipped out the permit - the look on his face was priceless!  MikeW applied for the permit and some brave soul in city hall granted that permit -

 

image.thumb.png.6976b0cf5bb8e99c86288eb342a47eae.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 6:10 PM, Lou said:

Pfhleger was there picketing the NRA which was not a sponsor of SAFR 2009.  

 

We made sure that the Chicago media would not get any photos of him without getting some of Mark The Sign Guy's signs in the same photo . 

One of the few time the his minions in the Chicago media did not plaster his protest photos all over the paper. 

 

DSC03907.JPG

DSC03909.JPG

DSC03912.JPG

That's Thom Menard, the ICHV lobbyist at the time, and I think the youth might one of Pfleger's adopted sons.

That's Colleen Lawson, plaintiff in McDonald v Chicago, in the sundress.
That might be her husband David, another plaintiff, behind Menard.

 

It was really hot out whenever we did this, and we gave away 500ml bottles of ice cold water.
Someone asked me what we should do about Pfleger, I suggested that we offer them water, which they forced themselves to refuse.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...