Lou

From the article, 

Can Pugh undo the damage of McMahon’s legacy? It’s doubtful, for McMahon was an early symbol of the radical transformation in the American media that has taken hold throughout the country: The movement away from journalism aimed at informing, to that of advocating for a narrow political faction”

I bet NONE of the readers, or former readers, ever seen ANYTHING resembling a narrow political leaning in the writing at the trib!😝

I rank it up there with the Daily Democrat (herald), and bird cage liner. Maybe it could also server as fish wrap, or potty pads for puppies, but never really considered it unbiased fair and balanced journalism paper. I won’t even buy the Sunday edition for the ads and coupons.

As a youngster at my grandparent's house, my GF would always get the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and the Trib on Sundays.  He would frequently read portions of articles to me (I was older than my brother and almost a teen) and explain what it meant and how to look for the "meat" of the article for myself.  He, in essence, taught me to use "critical thinking" and how to make up my own mind.

Sadly, there are too many smart dumb people. 
Meaning people that are smart, function well, have good paying jobs, use critical thinking at their jobs, and then they read something like the trib and take it as gospel and never do any research on the facts of what was written. No, I don’t mean go to snopes or one of the other liberal “fact checking” buffoons. 

Archived