Chicago Straw Purchases

ScottFM

Police blame some of the violence on illegal guns bought in other states, and they're starting to crack down on it.

Our offenders are completely emboldened.  They're not afraid of getting caught.  They're not afraid of the consequences once they get caught.

Back in the day, way back when there was less violence in America, people could easily buy guns from other states but were held accountable if they committed an act of violence with them.

Something changed ....

Yeah I saw those counter top holders which said it’s a federal crime to straw purchase. I saw these back in the day (back when I was young). And I thought to myself then, wow these guys take this handgun stuff seriously. I thought to myself that I wanted to make sure when buying a handgun back then that I didn’t say anything wrong or make any statements wrong!

Haven't seen those on the gun counters of late. Not that a counter top display will stop people but the no advertising the laws?

And if the state/city of Illinois and Chicago are so serious about straw purchases.......why did they plead down the 47 straw purchases they did a few years back on that lady I believe? Wound up with iirc one charge and one year in jail. Talking about all the issues with illegal guns flooding Illinois and Chicago would seem completely moot when they never charge these people. Slap slap and get on back.

On 9/6/2021 at 10:44 AM, mauserme said:

Our offenders are completely emboldened.  They're not afraid of getting caught.  They're not afraid of the consequences once they get caught.

Sounds like a vague slap in the face to the illustrious Kim Foxx. Hopefully there will be heat coming to this useles and lawless ASA.

On 9/6/2021 at 10:44 AM, mauserme said:

Back in the day, way back when there was less violence in America, people could easily buy guns from other states but were held accountable if they committed an act of violence with them.

Something changed ....

Back then, the guns didn't (apparently) shoot people by themselves.

Archived