Forum Themes

mauserme

As part of the forum evolution to a more user friendly experience, IllinoisCarry is pleased to introduce the availability of themes. Themes allow users to give the forum a unique, customizable look.

When initially logged in to the default theme, scroll to the bottom center of the front page. Clicking the Theme drop down will provide options for IPSFocus' Uniform Light Theme and Uniform Dark Theme

1799457418_DefaultThemeDropDown.PNG.9dfc412c0dd91fe40b5061a037610613.PNG

When either the Uniform Light or Uniform Dark theme is chosen, a toggle will appear at the top right corner of your screen allowing you to easily switch between the light and dark modes

Toggle to dark mode:

690124673_ToggletoDarkMode.PNG.e7929bf914233c717bead02b31249733.PNG

Toggle to light mode:

101802223_ToggletoLightMode.PNG.71b1092a59a0fe927856aa6d86b50ec8.PNG

Clicking the button to the left of the toggle provides options to change the look and feel of the forum including different backgrounds, a larger font size, and sidebar control.

When using one of the alternate themes, switching back to the default is easy. Scroll to the bottom of the front page again, but this time look to the left. Click the Theme drop down, and choose Default

1280622982_UniformThemesDropDown.PNG.20b8fb17071945af1ac65cfcc1cda29d.PNG

Let us know if you have any questions.

• 1 month later...

We're happy to introduce two additional options - Illuminate Light Theme and Illuminate Dark Theme.  These have a more open feel and make better use of the horizontal space.  They function as described above for the Uniform themes, including the option to toggle between the light and dark versions.  Additionally, some of the navigation options are repositioned at the top of the page to give that area a more compact feel.

We hope you like them.

On 10/4/2021 at 8:29 PM, mauserme said:

We're happy to introduce two additional options - Illuminate Light Theme and Illuminate Dark Theme.  These have a more open feel and make better use of the horizontal space.  They function as described above for the Uniform themes, including the option to toggle between the light and dark versions.  Additionally, some of the navigation options are repositioned at the top of the page to give that area a more compact feel.

We hope you like them.

I have had a small problem with this after trying tne non-default themes. Sometimes when I click on a post, I get a This page is not working right now message. Simply refreshing the page brings up brings up the desired page. It has occurred on both the light and dark themes. This could be a cause of frustration for some people.

On 10/4/2021 at 10:37 PM, papa said:

I have been using the default theme and not having any issues until I clicked on this thread.  I then went to one of the new options and again had to refresh to get it to open. 

I have returned to the default theme.

We were aware of that problem with the original alternate themes and had it on the list of things that need our attention.  Now we know it's at least not unexpected with this line of themes.

Archived