Biden Administration: New Sanctions on Russian Arms, Ammunition

mauserme

https://www.stl.news/fact-sheet-us-imposes-additional-costs-on-russia/458352/

United States Imposes Additional Costs on Russia for the Poisoning of Aleksey Navalny

CBW ACT SANCTIONS

Description of Sanctions: Pursuant to the Chemical and Biological Weapons Control and Warfare Elimination Act of 1991 (the CBW Act), the United States will impose a second round of sanctions on the Russian Federation over its use of a “Novichok” nerve agent in the August 2020 poisoning of Russian opposition figure Aleksey Navalny.

New sanctions imposed today under the CBW Act include:

• Restrictions on the permanent imports of certain Russian firearms.  New and pending permit applications for the permanent importation of firearms and ammunition manufactured or located in Russia will be subject to a policy of denial.
    Additional Department of Commerce export restrictions on nuclear and missile-related goods and technology pursuant to the Export Control Reform Act of 2018.
    These sanctions also include a continuation of measures imposed on March 2, 2021, as well as in 2018 and 2019 in response to the poisoning of Sergey Skripal and his daughter, along with the waivers associated with these sanctions.  For information about the waivers, please see 86 FR 14804 and 84 FR 44671.
  •  

Duration and Conditions for Removal

These latest sanctions on Russia pursuant to the CBW Act will take effect upon the publication of a Federal Register notice expected on September 7, 2021, and they will remain in place for a minimum of 12 months.  The sanctions can only be lifted after a 12-month period if the Executive Branch determines and certifies to Congress that Russia has met several conditions described in the CBW Act, 22 U.S.C. 5605(c), including (1) providing reliable assurances that it will not use chemical weapons in violation of international law, (2) it is not making preparations to use chemical weapons in the future, (3) it is willing to allow international inspectors to verify those assurances, and (4) it is making restitution to Mr. Navalny.

For more info see 

Fact Sheet: United States Imposes Additional Costs on Russia for the Poisoning of Aleksey Navalny

President Magoo strikes again!

Ammo shortage already exists, Biden admin cuts off 40% of our supply.  Biden admin does the victory dance.

Keystone pipeline halted, Russian Nord Stream approved:  US energy independence ruined.  Biden admin does the victory dance.

Inflation is a fact of the Biden admin, it's just a question of how bad now.  Biden admin boosts food stamps 25% to adjust for inflation.  Know anyone who just got a 25% raise lately to help with inflation?  No associated COLA boost for retirees.  Biden admin does a victory dance.

Let's face it folks, until President Magoo is gone, it's going to be a tough scramble, whether it's ammo, food or mortgage payments.  

New gun owners, and there are a lot of them, do not know what normal is when it comes to ammunition. On their way past sporting goods towards boxes, beer and bunion ointment they never noticed stacks of bullets on the shelves. Now, all they see are opportunities to get that last box or two.

Whatever the manufacturers are saying, gearing up to full production wasn't enough when Obama was in charge and it won't be enough today.

4 hours ago, sctman800 said:

Yesterday while running an errand I caught a train, three engines, a couple box cars and the rest of the train was tank cars.  Oil is still flowing but at a lot more expensive course. and the idiot in the white house does a victory dance.   Jim.

And at a greater carbon footprint. But that's what the environmentalists want. They don't want cleaner or more efficient fossil fuels, they want to eliminate them entirely, therefore any innovation that might cause some in the general public to say "this is good enough, we don't have to ban it now" must be stymied (same logic applies to gun control)

On 8/23/2021 at 3:13 PM, 2A4Cook said:

Don't worry, they'll be trying to kick in our doors to confiscate everything soon enough, seeing as how they're not letting go of this COVID lunacy until it gives them the pretext to steal the one more election they need to cement themselves into power for at least half a century.  What will an ammo shortage matter then?

👍 Good one !!

This new sanction doesn't apply to any shipments already on the way or on order.  Also, new orders can be placed until Sept. 7th for later delivery (think over the next year or 2), so importers are getting in as many orders as possible before then.  Of course, panic buying kicked in immediately, so we are affected by the current, temporary price increase.  That should settle down after a few months as shipments continue to come in and the panic buyers have been sated.

I really don't care. Why would you want to support Russia? People here saying their pro American and this hurts gun owners... Hog wash! Is Russia pro America? A great friend and ally? Heck no. 

If Iran produced cheap ammo you could get, would you buy it?

Go buy PMC before the North Koreans invade. Doubtful Biden would come to their aid.

On 8/25/2021 at 12:03 AM, Loaded&Ready said:

I really don't care. Why would you want to support Russia? People here saying their pro American and this hurts gun owners... Hog wash! Is Russia pro America? A great friend and ally? Heck no. 

Go buy PMC before the North Koreans invade. Doubtful Biden would come to their aid.

We care because freedom is choice;  choice is freedom.

When our ability to choose is diminished, so is our freedom.

So, I take it you don't buy anything made in China?

On 8/25/2021 at 1:59 AM, mauserme said:

We care because freedom is choice;  choice is freedom.

When our ability to choose is diminished, so is our freedom.

Yes.  And although, technically this hurts Russia, it is really a minor degree.  But, it was done, under that auspice.  But, any objective person can see it was aimed at hurting gun owning Americans.  Does anyone REALLY believe this was done to hurt Russia as stated?  Particularly, after this Administration, for all intent and purpose greenlighted their oil pipeline?

On 8/25/2021 at 11:19 AM, cybermgk said:

Yes.  And although, technically this hurts Russia, it is really a minor degree.  But, it was done, under that auspice.  But, any objective person can see it was aimed at hurting gun owning Americans.  Does anyone REALLY believe this was done to hurt Russia as stated?  Particularly, after this Administration, for all intent and purpose greenlighted their oil pipeline?

You make a very good point. The Biden Administration's outrage seems to be poorly directed as to changing Russian behavior. Ahem.

On 8/25/2021 at 10:09 AM, 2A4Cook said:

So, I take it you don't buy anything made in China?

I don't my best not to. People in here are crazy. Freedom this and that...y'all also say vote with your dollars.... wonderful! I just doubt people do. Most people buy to save a dollar. If that means buying from a communist country they will. 

This ban is also useless in this global economy. All Tulammo and everyone else has to do is export from Russia to elsewhere and then send it here. Some of these Russian companies produce in other countries...great export from there. Problem solved.

On 8/25/2021 at 4:16 PM, Loaded&Ready said:

I don't my best not to. People in here are crazy. Freedom this and that...y'all also say vote with your dollars.... wonderful! I just doubt people do. Most people buy to save a dollar. If that means buying from a communist country they will. 

This ban is also useless in this global economy. All Tulammo and everyone else has to do is export from Russia to elsewhere and then send it here. Some of these Russian companies produce in other countries...great export from there. Problem solved.

It appears the ban will apply to any ammo or firearm manufactured in Russia, regardless of what country its being imported from. But yes, all a company would have to do is set up a factory in another country and manufacture and import from there. I'm kindof hoping Barnaul does this. My AK likes their ammo lol

On 8/25/2021 at 5:54 PM, mauserme said:

Good for you!

Isn't it great to have the freedom to make that decision for yourself, while others are free to make their own decisions without being constrained by yours.

That should have been I do my best not to.

Maybe the Taliban will sell real US military ammo to gun owners cheap. Might include free death to America stickers. Any buyers?

The "I don't care" is exactly what the anti-gunners love to hear everytime they pass an anti-gun law or EO, they love to divide and concure and love when people toss without pushing.  Allow them ban the import of Russian ammo without pushback and you open up the door to them banning all foreign ammo, then banning all foreign firearms, then banning all foreign firearm components and so on.

It's all great to say buy American, but it's highly unrealistic, there isn't enough ammo to go around even with imports.  It's like saying don't buy made in China stuff and thinking you will be able to function and thrive in the tech heavy US world.

And lets face it, if you own a Soviet Bloc AK, they love that cheap steel ammo coming out of Russia, in fact many run it better than brass!

At the end of the day, banning the import of Russian ammo has zero to do with punishing Russia, that is just the smoke and mirrors game as ammo amounts to a small sliver of what Russia exports to the US, it's about attacking the 2nd, if they were serious about actually punishing Russia they would ban petroleum product imports!  And as pro-2nd people we should care.

On 8/25/2021 at 5:58 PM, defaultdotxbe said:

It appears the ban will apply to any ammo or firearm manufactured in Russia, regardless of what country its being imported from. But yes, all a company would have to do is set up a factory in another country and manufacture and import from there. I'm kindof hoping Barnaul does this. My AK likes their ammo lol

That would still take a lot of time, and also add another layer of profit margin onto the ammo, driving up the prices.  Biden has stuck it to us again.  Somebody needs to pour a few bottles of fiberglass itching powder into his depends!

On 8/26/2021 at 2:22 AM, Flynn said:

The "I don't care" is exactly what the anti-gunners love to hear everytime they pass an anti-gun law or EO, they love to divide and concure and love when people toss without pushing.  Allow them ban the import of Russian ammo without pushback and you open up the door to them banning all foreign ammo, then banning all foreign firearms, then banning all foreign firearm components and so on.

It's all great to say buy American, but it's highly unrealistic, there isn't enough ammo to go around even with imports.  It's like saying don't buy made in China stuff and thinking you will be able to function and thrive in the tech heavy US world.

And lets face it, if you own a Soviet Bloc AK, they love that cheap steel ammo coming out of Russia, in fact many run it better than brass!

At the end of the day, banning the import of Russian ammo has zero to do with punishing Russia, that is just the smoke and mirrors game as ammo amounts to a small sliver of what Russia exports to the US, it's about attacking the 2nd, if they were serious about actually punishing Russia they would ban petroleum product imports!  And as pro-2nd people we should care.

Yes I agree. Most gun owners are reactionary. Only a few are pushing for freedom. In my opinion Trump wasn't a 2A fan. Sure he got close to the NRA which made great television, but their a joke too.

We'll need a real 2A President to remove the ban. Russia will never meet its four conditions.

On 8/25/2021 at 4:16 PM, Loaded&Ready said:

But that is the point.  Under our Constitution, we have the freedom to, or not to buy products made wherever.  THAT is exactly the point.  I personally CHOOSE to not buy products made in China, and certainly by Chinese (CCP) owned companies.  It is sometimes impossible, but I do what I can.  THAT is my choice..

Your whole stance seems to be that Biden making royal Fiats, is ok, because the country involved is bad.

On 8/26/2021 at 10:25 AM, cybermgk said:

But that is the point.  Under our Constitution, we have the freedom to, or not to buy products made wherever.  THAT is exactly the point.  I personally CHOOSE to not buy products made in China, and certainly by Chinese (CCP) owned companies.  It is sometimes impossible, but I do what I can.  THAT is my choice..

Your whole stance seems to be that Biden making royal Fiats, is ok, because the country involved is bad.

Yes, people do have a choice, but I find it laughable calling it freedom buying from an enemy nation. Let them keep supporting those that wish to do us harm. Pay day will be upon us. 

I removed a couple off topic posts.  This thread is about President Biden's new gun control by executive fiat.  If you'd like to discuss things unrelated to that, please start a new topic focused on those other things.

On 8/26/2021 at 11:41 PM, Loaded&Ready said:
On 8/26/2021 at 10:25 AM, cybermgk said:

Yes, people do have a choice, but I find it laughable calling it freedom buying from an enemy nation. Let them keep supporting those that wish to do us harm. Pay day will be upon us. 

At least we all agree that it is properly our choice to make, not the President's or anyone else's choice to make for us.  

Archived