Signing up for username and password is impossible?

I am an instructor and have for years helped people that can’t manage or don’t own a computer with their applications, renewals, and Foid cards. 
Starting Monday of last week I can no longer set up a username and password of anyone.

Every time I try to set up an account it says you have to call the ISP phone number to verify the account. For two days it said the number was out of service when you called. . And since Wednesday of last week you can spend hours on the phone and never get through.

What is going on???!!!!

I know of NO ONE that has gotten through! I am being inidated with calls from students wanting to know what is going on and how to apply. People have sat on the phone for hours just to get hung up on or never get through. One gentleman said he spent 6 hours, several said 2 or 3. I spend 4 on the phone yesterday while driving for a trip.

Senator Terri Bryant's office said they are having the same problem. The ISP won't answer her calls. But finally got back to her and said yes their is a "slight glitch"!

This is way more than a slight glitch. If this continues, it is a total denial of rights!!  So you can't get a FOID or CCW without calling he ISP.....and the they NEVER answer their phones??!!!   

The 217-782-7980 number was disconnected this morning. Its working now....and I am sitting here on hold for 2.5 hours.

On 8/25/2021 at 11:46 AM, Molly B. said:

ISP has nearly locked the system down while they search for a security solution .  The only option I know at this time is the call in option - the one where they are hardly, if ever, answering the phone.

Were you given any estimate of how long this fiasco is going to continue?

On 9/8/2021 at 7:39 PM, Molly B. said:

registration pending issue is caused by the ISP locking down security after the security breach they experienced a month or so back. Now each account must be approved individually by ISP staff.

I have a cousin who happened to be in Springfield recently. He stopped at ISP headquarters and got help applying for his CCL renewal. I guess that's the quicker option for people close enough to the capitol. 

Lets say we have concealed carry class, 10 people.  Five of the ten do not have Texting or Email.  I usually input everybody to save being on the phone several hours trying to help them. Have been told   "You can call the 800 number"  They try and get the allotted time has expired after a 3 hour wait! 

You have a friend that is afraid the Kelly and his Swat team are coming after them because of expired FOID Oh I mean EXPIRED/REVOKED.  They have a cell but no texting and no Email! Was told by State Rep's assistant make up new Email account?   I was helping 5-10 people a week, it would be impossible to keep up with that many email accounts!

So where are we at.  I have several renewal applicants sitting here with no where to go????????   They don't have time to stay on the phone for hours waiting!    Someone needs to step up and do something.  

On 9/8/2021 at 7:39 PM, Molly B. said:

registration pending issue is caused by the ISP locking down security after the security breach they experienced a month or so back. Now each account must be approved individually by ISP staff.

So each individual has to call And actually talk to someone? Or set up an email and wait for an email verification? 

On 9/9/2021 at 9:33 AM, Hail Caesar said:

So each individual has to call And actually talk to someone? Or set up an email and wait for an email verification? 

Yes, this is their way of making sure some unknown entity is not trying to access the account. I think you should be able to select to receive a text message rather than email.  Is that an option?

On 9/9/2021 at 10:18 AM, Molly B. said:

Yes, this is their way of making sure some unknown entity is not trying to access the account. I think you should be able to select to receive a text message rather than email.  Is that an option?

When setting up an account you do not get any option except to call 217——-.

again this is the only way to apply. Which is not a big deal except you have to spend eight hours or more in the phone. If they even pick up and don’t drop your call.

On 9/9/2021 at 1:26 PM, Hail Caesar said:

When setting up an account you do not get any option except to call 217——-.

again this is the only way to apply. Which is not a big deal except you have to spend eight hours or more in the phone. If they even pick up and don’t drop your call.

Check your messages,  please. 

Start emailing the ISP.  Most organizations are pretty standard with email naming conventions of first name dot last name @

Pull up the pay information of the ISP firearms bureau which is publicly disclosed, find the highest paid employee names and use those names in an email address that ends with @illinois.gov.  May need middle initial too but try first name last name.  If it doesnt get returned as undeliverable then someone got it.

Worth a shot since they dont answer phones.

It is total horse hocky that they have not even attempted to fix this problem.

They know there is a problem, but since its for people that didnt vote for Pritzker, they dont care.

They are letting it go just to aggravate the populace.

We are being denied our rights.

Hours of time on hold and then get hung up on.

The politicians now longer work for us, and they dont care.

This is a shame and should be remembered the next time they need our help or vote.

Archived