Tapatalk

Mr. Fife

FWIW, using a regular browser and entering a random invalid URL gives:

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

So the ErrorDocument error isn't due to the Tapatalk setup, if that helps.

Tbh and putting on my Cyber security hat (because that's my day job) the admins would be doing the userbase a favor by not re-enabling Tapatalk.  I quit using it years ago over concerns I had with its security.  I believe it behaves as an aggregator for the various forums.  So it doesn't surprise me it's erroneously popping up browser user agents (in this case Firefox) that members don't recognize that in turn get sent as email notifications for new sign alerts.  Do a Google search over this and you'll find countless announcements of forums blocking Tapatalk over security concerns such as this.

Besides the browser mobile UI after the IC update seems pretty good. 

7 hours ago, hceuterpe said:

Tbh and putting on my Cyber security hat (because that's my day job) the admins would be doing the userbase a favor by not re-enabling Tapatalk.  I quit using it years ago over concerns I had with its security.  I believe it behaves as an aggregator for the various forums.  So it doesn't surprise me it's erroneously popping up browser user agents (in this case Firefox) that members don't recognize that in turn get sent as email notifications for new sign alerts.  Do a Google search over this and you'll find countless announcements of forums blocking Tapatalk over security concerns such as this.

Besides the browser mobile UI after the IC update seems pretty good. 

Tapatalk is currently disabled as we look into all of its behaviors.

Still no progress on security issues with Tapatalk. A member mentioned that with the new upgrade, IllinoisCarry was easy to use through the browser on his smart phone and I am finding that to be the case with my Android.

Would the Tapatalk fans please try accessing IllinoisCarry forums using their smart phone browser and report back on usability?

32 minutes ago, Mr. Fife said:

Still no Tapatalk

Still no progress on security issues with Tapatalk. A member mentioned that with the new upgrade, IllinoisCarry was easy to use through the browser on his smart phone and I am finding that to be the case with my Android.

Would the Tapatalk fans please try accessing IllinoisCarry forums using their smart phone browser and report back on usability?

Archived