FTIP delays

TK 9mm

I filed for my gun background with my FFL on July 16th.  As of today I still my FFL say I still show as pending, 18 business days and counting not including weekends.

I cant seem to get in contact with anyone at the ISP to inquire.  This is my fourth gun purchase in 2021 and I have never been delayed longer than the 72 hours as required.

I feel like the State and ISP couldn't care less and are basically giving me the middle finger.

Are there any avenues to inquire on the delay?  Would contacting a lawyer even help?  Should I have the gun returned and take a drive over to Indiana to purchase?

This is one more reason (of many) to retire outside of Illinois.  Last nail in the coffin for me moving will be if JB starts taxing retirement income.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Yas,

Does not let me in when I click the link, I am interested on seeing what other have experienced.  At the very least misery loves company.

Based on your experience it sounds like I just have to wait a little longer.  It just does not seem right that we are at the mercy of beuracracy and the idiocy of anti 2A politicians.  Why cant federal law trump state law in these instances?  I feel like this is an impedement to interstate commerce at the least since I am delayed indefitely based on some arbitrary administrative rule making at the DSP.

Sigh.

Tom

5 hours ago, Yas said:

Already being discussed here.  Was waiting from the 15th and received clearance this sunday the 8th   Its been all messed up for a lot of people.

https://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?/topic/78240-ftip-delay/page/2/

4 hours ago, TK 9mm said:

Yas,

Does not let me in when I click the link ...

Can you see the forum "Back Room" in the list of forums on the main forum page? There could be a bug with "New Members."

Big log jam which it all seemed to start  when the ISP did a update on the FTIP system.  Its very slowly catching up and no central rhythm/timing  as to when you win the lottery and you ISP check finally goes thru.   Shoot point blank and Mega sports have both had issues that I personally heard thru employees of both. 

Still no approval, it's been 1 month as of today that my  Kimber handgun has been sitting with my FFL.  FFL did run the check again on July 29th to see if it would clear since the first was delayed unreasonably and nothing on that one as well.

This system is so broken and there is no end in sight.  How can this be legal for this to continue?

So I emailed ISP three times today and looked up some employees of the Firearms Service Bureau in the higher titled jobs and played guess their email.  

By noon both backgrounds cleared within 1 minute of each other according to the ffl.

Not sure if it's a coincidence or not but at least my ordeal is over.  32 days after submitting my background.

Now on to Kimber customer support.  Gun slide has a decent sized scratch/blemish on it and was on there when ffl opened the gun for me back on July 16.  Not sure if I want to send the slide in for repair since I have waited long enough but new should equal perfect.  Guess I will weigh my options when I speak with Kimber.

20210817_180612.jpg