Arrested for laser sight

vito

Per handgunlaw.us:

Chicago Forest Preserves / Laser Sights! Forest Preserves Rules of Cook County  Firearms and other concealed weapons are not allowed on Forest Preserves of Cook County property, except by police officers or active-duty servicemen and women ________________________________ 8-20-060

Possession of a Laser Sight Accessory, Firearm Silencer or Muffler. (a) It is unlawful for any person to carry, possess, display for sale, sell or otherwise transfer any laser sight accessory, or a firearm silencer or muffler. (B) The provisions of this section shall not apply to any members of the armed forces of the United States, or the organized militia of this or any other state, or peace officers, to the extent that any such person is otherwise authorized to acquire or possess a laser sight accessory, or firearm silencer or muffler, and is acting within the scope of his duties. © Any laser sight accessory, or firearm silencer or muffler, carried, possessed, displayed or sold in violation of this section is hereby declared to be contraband and shall be seized by and forfeited to the city. J. 7-2-10, p. 96234, § 4) Note:

The city of Chicago ordinance above and the Police Dept Notice to Officers stating to confiscate firearms with an attached laser sight is in effect in Chicago. Chicago is in the process of rewriting their firearm laws (9/11/13) to comply with the new state preemption and I am hearing that this is being removed in the new ordinance but looking at the bill I do not see this being removed. Use Caution!

www.handgunlaw.us 8 The Below listed cities in Illinois also ban Laser Sights. (There could be others) Cicero, IL Sec. 62-195 Thornton, IL Sec. 10-1A-13

Or, page 7 here:

https://handgunlaw.us/states/illinois.pdf

Might have been talking about the fella from Iowa

IIRC he had a laser and that was a listed charge.

Other than that never been a conviction as far as I know

Possession of a laser sight is a misdemeanor in Chicago. I believe Casteel was "only" charged with 2 felony UUWs, although a grand jury was considering other charges. Neither of his firearms were on him, much less concealed, when he was arrested. CWwSafe must be referring to someone else, unless they took some artistic license with the facts.

Always happy to admit that I'm wrong. I'm far from wrong on the general situation, but in this specific instance, I am.

However, I will further point out that the accused may have voided his Get Out of Jail Free Card by: (1) pointing a loaded gun at people using a laser sight, which lefties hate; and, (2) (the biggy) possessing a Concealed Carry License.

I'm also aghast at the official charges: "two felony counts of agrravated assault with a handgun laser." Uhm ... that laser was attached to a HANDGUN. He didn't allegedly assault anyone with a "laser;" he assaulted them with a HANDGUN. If the gun had tritium night sights, would it be "aggravated assault with tritium night sights?"

Mr. Spear, this is not the best case with which to challenge my general premise, but I again grant being wrong in this specific instance. Have you not followed the news around "Only Foxx can Fixx it?"

Archived