Black Gun Owners Respond To ACLU’s Claim Second Amendment Is Racist

mauserme

https://dailycaller.com/2021/07/27/aclu-second-amendment-racist-maj-toure-mychael-waller-gun-control-racist/

‘It Was About Checking The Government, Not Anti-Blackness’: Black Gun Owners Respond To ACLU’s Claim Second Amendment Is Racist

BRIANNA LYMAN
REPORTER
July 27, 2021
5:49 PM ET

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) claimed the Second Amendment has been included in the Constitution because of rampant “anti-blackness” and that the foundation of the amendment is inherently racist. But two black gun owners – including one who exercised his Second Amendment right to save his life – said the ACLU is guilty of fear-mongering.

Founder of Black Guns Matter Maj Toure told the Daily Caller claims the Second Amendment is racist is a tactic to “brainwash black people into believing that having the means to defend themselves is nefarious.”

“I think gun control is racist, not the Second Amendment,” Toure said.

“I think the Second Amendment was to remind folks to keep your government in check. The lack of civic understanding is the reason why some of these attempts to distort the meaning can be made because the general public isn’t as on top of civics as they should be,” he continued.
Toure’s statement was echoed by Mychael Waller, who used his legally owned firearm to defend himself in 2019.

“I had to use a firearm to defend myself because I have seen the other side most people won’t. I don’t see the Second Amendment as racist. I was given that right by God and I exercised that right. The Second Amendment gave me that right as well. I had that right to defend myself. Without the Second Amendment, without God, my son and I would not be here today. That isn’t ‘anti-blackness’.”
Waller told the Daily Caller that claims from the ACLU that the Second Amendment is based on anti-Blackness is meant to stoke fear – a tactic that likely would have convinced him not to own a gun and possibly could’ve cost him his life.

“The ACLU is using this claim to create fear among African Americans. I do not believe the Second Amendment was put in place because of ‘anti-Blackness.’ I truly believe it was put in place to keep a tyrannical government from taking over the people.”

“They make a statement about the Second Amendment being about ‘anti-blackness’ and it scares minorities, that type of statement creates fear, and scares them from buying guns. If I saw that statement, I wouldn’t want to own a gun because I would feel out of place, and I wouldn’t be here today if that was the case.”

The ACLU so called, "experts" are "Experts" in propaganda.

Seems related to this mess published by a know left outlet: Scholar Carol Anderson on the "anti-Blackness" coded into the Second Amendment (msn.com)

From the article" So the key here is anti-Blackness. The key for the Second Amendment is the ability to have a militia to control Black people, to stop slave revolts and to keep Black people subjugated. It was part of the deal that was cut that allowed the South to be able to sign on to the Constitution. They needed to be protected. And I talk about these deals a lot, with the three-fifths clause, the extension of 20 years for the Atlantic slave trade, the fugitive slave clause, which were put in the Constitution because the South demanded that kind of protection in order to sign on.

Sounds like revisionist history to me.

I don't get the sense that the ACLU actually made that statement, as much as one of their podcasts interviewed Carol Anderson about her claim.

https://www.aclu.org/news/civil-liberties/do-black-people-have-the-right-to-bear-arms/

I was gonna get snarky and suggest that maybe the ACLU was "neutral" on the issue,

but I read the article.

Regardless of the content of the podcast,

The ACLU's intern wrote that the 2nd was anti-black, and the ACLU published it.

Archived