"Gun Violence" Surge Not Linked to Gun Sales

mauserme

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jul/09/pandemic-us-gun-violence-surge-firearm-sales

Pandemic gun violence surge was not linked to rise in gun sales, study finds

Research suggests looking at role of job loss, economic change, closure of schools and community organizations and civil unrest

Gun homicides surged across the United States during the coronavirus pandemic, in the same year that Americans bought a record-breaking number of guns.

But some of America’s leading gun violence researchers have concluded that what might seem like an obvious cause-and-effect – a surge in gun buying leads to a surge in gun violence – is not supported by the data.

Through July of last year, there was no clear association between the increase in firearm purchases and the increase in most interpersonal gun violence at the state level, according to a new study published in Injury Epidemiology, a peer-reviewed scientific journal.

The findings suggest that “we need to be looking at other factors, like job loss, economic change, the closure of schools and community organizations and nonprofits, and civil unrest,” in order to understand last year’s increase in gun violence, Julia Schleimer, the lead author of the new study, said.

There did appear to be some association between the increase in gun-purchasing and an increase in domestic violence gun injuries in April and May, but that correlation might also be explained by other factors, including increased substance abuse or the decreased access to domestic violence support services during the early months of lockdown, Schleimer said.

The results of the new study are an unexpected addition to the fierce political battle over how to explain last year’s estimated 25% increase in homicides ...

It is all about feeling, feelings without shame. Feelings without borders. If it feels good, do it, use whoever for ones personal pressure regardless of the damage

This arrogance is not limited to any race, ethnicity, economic state, education or profession.

The common factor is acceptance of secular humanism that promotes tge lie man can improve himself by his own thoughts and action. We see this from the arrogance of marxist ib power down to the individual doing his this. No right or wrong only who has the power. There is nothing in their soul to limit their self-righteousness.

The only solution is personal. Divine wisdom from our holy Father given to us in the Bible is rejected and ridiculed.

Secular humanist advocate solving the problem by doubling down on that which created the problem.

Everyone is their own little god. What could wrong?

It is all about feeling, feelings without shame. Feelings without borders. If it feels good, do it, use whoever for ones personal pressure regardless of the damage

This arrogance is not limited to any race, ethnicity, economic state, education or profession.

The common factor is acceptance of secular humanism that promotes tge lie man can improve himself by his own thoughts and action. We see this from the arrogance of marxist ib power down to the individual doing his this. No right or wrong only who has the power. There is nothing in their soul to limit their self-righteousness.

The only solution is personal. Divine wisdom from our holy Father given to us in the Bible is rejected and ridiculed.

Secular humanist advocate solving the problem by doubling down on that which created the problem.

Everyone is their own little god. What could wrong?

I strongly disagree that, "The only solution is personal. Divine wisdom from our holy Father given to us in the Bible is rejected and ridiculed." There are many good people out there that are not Christian and also do not condone the attributes that you describe, and do not, "ridicule", other religions or beliefs. I do agree with you that the, "Feeling", without regard to common sense is part of the problem. But the, "...only solution...", part could be seen by some as a form of, "...arrogance", or, "...self-righteousness", in itself. I suggest that part of the solution might be to encourage common sense and education concerning the truth about firearms vs the way some, "Feel", about them. Don't ask me how, I was always, "Logistically challenged". :-)>

Teaching truth is what I suggest. I also suggest it takes more than just knowledge about inanimate objects. I suggest there must be a common standard of right and wrong expressed. The only standard I see that respects freewill, open mindedness, respect for others, teaching grace and humility is only found in God's word. There are many philosophies. I chose mine to accept, to learn, to work hard to practice, to recognize when I fail, to keep moving forward.

Archived