AR pistol for car carry?

Glockman1997

Hello all I was wondering where the law stands on carrying an ar pistol with a pistol brace in your vehicle.

Ive heard plenty of rumors About pistol ammo being the only ammo you can carry .

Ive not seen anywhere on isp or online that explains this issue.

I just want to be 100% Certain before I bring out my micro Draco to play 🥳

Thanks

My question.....why?

The real question is ... why not ?

IMHO long guns are a bit awkward to use when seated in a car? And AR pistols are still rather bulky things. I would also be remiss if I didn't mention how flippin' L.O.U.D. my AR pistol is outdoors, let alone inside a vehicle. But yes, I agree a person has the 'right' to carry whatever they want that is still classed as a pistol, but many jurisdictions are not AR friendly.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately a lot of jurisdictions around here would see the carrying of an AR pistol as someone looking for a fight, not trying to avoid one. But if you can do it legally and it makes you feel good, who am I to say no? I carry a Ruger Vaquero in 40S&W as my defense.

Vaquero? I had to look that one up!

So....maybe it WAS you that I saw last week downtown!! :D :D

post-15072-0-03984600-1626815425.jpg

post-15072-0-03984600-1626815425_thumb.jpg

I have thrown my Mossberg 930 and/or my Benelli Supernova in my trunk with the side saddle fully loaded. Technically, since there's nothing in the mag tube, I'm within the law. We'll see how that goes when I eventually get pulled over.

Archived