Can you still renew a CCL that expired in 2020

My wife has a CCL that expired 4/22/20 we couldn't find her 3 hour training so it didn't get renewed. A letter came yesterday from ISP that said her FOID expired 3/1/21 it says that it can be renewed even if expired. I went to the ISP website to renew it for her. I clicked on renew FOID and had her answer all the questions. After this it asks about training certificate even though CCL renewal wasn't requested and the renewal button was not clicked..

If the CCL is applied for and not renewed because of expiration is the CCL fee refunded? She has not carried since getting the CCL . She does go to the range with me once in a while but she doesn't enjoy it

My wife has a CCL that expired 4/22/20 we couldn't find her 3 hour training so it didn't get renewed. A letter came yesterday from ISP that said her FOID expired 3/1/21 it says that it can be renewed even if expired. I went to the ISP website to renew it for her. I clicked on renew FOID and had her answer all the questions. After this it asks about training certificate even though CCL renewal wasn't requested and the renewal button was not clicked..

If the CCL is applied for and not renewed because of expiration is the CCL fee refunded? She has not carried since getting the CCL . She does go to the range with me once in a while but she doesn't enjoy it

It's possible your wife's CCL did not actually expire in April of 2020 because the Gov. extended expiration dates due to COVID-19. Anyone renewing their CCL now, and does not have a 3 hr. training certificate, have an additional 18 mos. from the time the Gov lifts the extended expiration to get the certificate.

If you are thinking it might get rejected and your wife is required to take the 16 hr course instead - most likely ISP would reject a renewal certificate and hold the renewal until she gets 16 hr. training.

ISP does not issue refunds. At least I've never heard of that happening.

Archived