Elephant Question on FOID Renewals

Tip

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

It is my understanding that all Active FOID Card holders are subjected to periodic checks (daily?) to determine whether or not they have become disqualified to possess a FOID Card.

If the above is correct then renewing an Active FOID Card should be nothing more than verifying they are not on the prohibited list. Correct?

So how come nobody ever asks the elephant in the room question of why is there a backlog of renewals?

Do they not trust the periodic checks? If so why spend the time and manpower doing them?

If they trust the periodic checks then why the backlog on renewals?

If it makes sense to the common person, it’s against policy.

If it were that simple we could go to the DMV and get a new card printed, but again that’s against policy.

How else are they going to keep the gun owners in Illinois in check and so busy on a FOID to lose sight of the changes attempted to get pushed through.

The elephant you speak of has been here, will be here, and eats from our tables daily.

Surfs don’t get changes good for them unless that change is good or has another advantage for THEM!

It's a fact that there are just not enough of involved gun owners to stop this. If the, "Gun Lobby," did have the pull like the media claims, our system would be like Utah. I got my Utah conceal carry license even though their investigation wasn't even done. Why? Because they have real gun supporters/voters who will threaten them with a new rep/senator if they don't vote the Will Of The People...

I suggest It has a lot to do with the mechanics of the process. You will notice new renewals that are being processed with new equipment is processed much faster. Older renewals that were entered into the old system are still delayed . . .

Please tell us more about these old/new systems.

Please tell us more about these old/new systems.

The old processor/printer is now about 6-7 years old. That means the technology is that old also. They have added a new processor/printer that can process and print nearly twice as many in half the time - that might be a slight exaggeration but it makes a marked difference in processing time.

It seems pretty apparent that the one way to get traction on any number of 2A issues, is to increase membership to such a number that when asked to participate in Witness Slips, we are not ignored.

Second would be to have even 80% of FOID holders in Illinois at increased membership, flood the representative that initiates anything with on site protests at their local office. And if necessary follow Maxine Watters recommendation; “If you see anybody (that representative) from that Cabinet (District) [or any Trump supporters] in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.”

We see how other states get action, time to increase membership.

It seems pretty apparent that the one way to get traction on any number of 2A issues, is to increase membership to such a number that when asked to participate in Witness Slips, we are not ignored.

Second would be to have even 80% of FOID holders in Illinois at increased membership, flood the representative that initiates anything with on site protests at their local office. And if necessary follow Maxine Watters recommendation; “If you see anybody (that representative) from that Cabinet (District) [or any Trump supporters] in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.”

We see how other states get action, time to increase membership.

>>>>Second would be to have even 80% of FOID holders in Illinois at increased membership,

Even 8% would make a monumental difference.

Can you clarify..."increased membership" where? IC, ISRA, NRA, SAF, GOA, etc? The ISRA would be logical but they've not made friends in the gun community lately and dont always present themselves in the best light. But, yeah, with 2M plus FOID holders but only 25K or so ISRA members, thats not a lot of collective strength.

My daughter applied for a foid renewal one year ago this month. After reading this thread, I gather this is not unusual and that she should continue to wait before sending an inquiry to the ISP.

Question: How much longer should she wait, and is her current card valid until it is replaced?

Archived