Illinois General Assembly 6/16/2021

mauserme

Senate Supplemental Calendar 2 is available. It adds a shell bill sponsored by Representative Ford to the calendar.

I thought the Senate was out?

Shoot, yes they are. It's been a long day.

It's corrected to House Supplemental Calendar 2.

ETA I have coding for supplemental calendars pre-typed so I can just plug in the URL and post it quickly. I plugged it into the wrong line this time.

Senate Supplemental Calendar 2 is available. It adds a shell bill sponsored by Representative Ford to the calendar.

I thought the Senate was out?

Shoot, yes they are. It's been a long day.

It's corrected to House Supplemental Calendar 2.

ETA I have coding for supplemental calendars pre-typed so I can just plug in the URL and post it quickly. I plugged it into the wrong line this time.

No worries, after the motion to reconsider had me worried Senate called an emergency session for 1091.

I can't imagine your behind the scenes going ons during these things, plus keeping the forum updated.

When I first arrived here you were doing them on critical days, and shortly thereafter switched to daily(or in session) threads.

Your dedication does not go unnoticed, and I send another Thank You your way.

No worries, after the motion to reconsider had me worried Senate called an emergency session for 1091.

That appears to be factions of Ds screwing with each other.

The pro-Modernization Ds pulled Fix-the-FOID back from passage, so now the pro-Fix-the-FOID Ds pulled Modernization back from passage.

The ISRA was still irrelevant.

The pro-Modernization Ds pulled Fix-the-FOID back from passage, so now the pro-Fix-the-FOID Ds pulled Modernization back from passage.

HUH? Is this something good?

HUH? Is this something good?

It just means they'll spend the next few months backroom-dealing for whatever they try to pass in the fall.

Meanwhile, the red flag expansion still passed.

Doubt it is factions of D's screwing with each other. Seems to be a place holder while they debate amongst themselves on more restrictive bills. Keeps it from being sent to the governor in the case they can gain more.

Are you a D that supports the 2A?

Confused on this response....

I think it goes beyond that.

My concern is something I alluded to earlier in this thread in relation to the procedural holds. I'm not going to detail things in public but, if this goes as I fear it could, then ISRA has been played to a degree that was not immediately apparent.

My concern is something I alluded to earlier in this thread in relation to the procedural holds. I'm not going to detail things in public but, if this goes as I fear it could, then ISRA has been played to a degree that was not immediately apparent.

Yep.

Flood your representative and Senator.

State your opposition today is what It will be tomorrow. NO new FOID regulations and NO new firearm owner restrictions.

I would love to see a good recap of what happened today, and where we stand.

Probably still not the time for infighting… I can withdraw my support of ISRA at a later date, if needed.

Mauserme?

Recap: The House voted to concur on the amendments for HB 562 and HB1092. HB 1092 has been declared to have passed both houses and will likely go to the Governor soon. HB 562 has a procedural motion holding it up, but it's not clear why. It has not been declared to have passed both houses. Also, the SB2800 Amendatory Veto from Governor Pritzker was accepted in the House after some lively debate, so the budget passed (I think).

Probably still not the time for infighting… I can withdraw my support of ISRA at a later date, if needed.

Mauserme?

Curious...

Do you contact your Rep/Sen stating that you oppose their stance on it but promise to vote for them in the next election?

How do you who support anti gunners, yet oppose anti gun legislation defend yourselves?

Can you answer without deflecting?

Mauserme?

Recap: The House voted to concur on the amendments for HB 562 and HB1092. HB 1092 has been declared to have passed both houses and will likely go to the Governor soon. HB 562 has a procedural motion holding it up, but it's not clear why. It has not been declared to have passed both houses. Also, the SB2800 Amendatory Veto from Governor Pritzker was accepted in the House after some lively debate, so the budget passed (I think).

I'll just add that I don't think our fight is over just yet...

... and I was going to say more but thought better of it.

Mauserme?

Curious...

Do you contact your Rep/Sen stating that you oppose their stance on it but promise to vote for them in the next election?

How do you who support anti gunners, yet oppose anti gun legislation defend yourselves?

Can you answer without deflecting?

Contacted Rep/Sen voicing my opposition with an unsatisfactory level of satisfaction.

Filed all my opposition slips, too. I always do both.

You don't know who I vote for, or why I don't vote for someone, but I voted for neither of my current state reps.

Did I deflect enough for you?

Stop the infighting, please.

Mauserme?

I'll just add that I don't think our fight is over just yet...

... and I was going to say more but thought better of it.

Mauserme,

You're like E F Hutton. When you talk, people listen. :)

Archived