Illinois General Assembly 6/16/2021

mauserme

I'm confused about the 71. If they have less than 71, but at least 60, that's a no vote on concurrence, correct, sending the original shell bill back to the Senate?

I'm confused about the 71. If they have less than 71, but at least 60, that's a no vote on concurrence, correct, sending the original shell bill back to the Senate?

After May 31 a bill can still pass with a simple majority, but can’t become effective until summer of the following year. If it gets 71 votes after May 31, it can become effective immediately

The sponsor, Representative Hoffman, again offers complaint about the growth in FOID card applications, calling it an "extreme hardship" on ISP.

I'm sure his gun-owning (and hope to be gun-owning) constituents feel badly because of this "extreme hardship".

Representative Mazzochi asks about the current processing deadline problems, wondering if we're providing additional resources in this bill.

Mr. Hoffman answers that they have provided additional resources and all the technology and staff cannot solve the problem.

She asks what evidence they have that this bill will allow them to meet their statutory obligations.

He cannot offer any guarantees.

Representative Mazzochi asks about the current processing deadline problems, wondering if we're providing additional resources in this bill.

Mr. Hoffman answers that they have provided additional resources and all the technology and staff cannot solve the problem.

She asks what evidence they have that this bill will allow them to meet their statutory obligations.

He cannot offer any guarantees.

Sheesh. They admit they cannot solve the FOID problem.

Obvious solution- void the FOID.

Archived