Illinois General Assembly 6/16/2021

mauserme

Guzzardi gave no guarantee that heck vote yes on the floor. As I said earlier, this bill will not placate gun control groups or prevent the rest of the bad from being pushed through next Spring. The ISRA is being played like an out of tune fiddle.

And, make no mistake, Pritzker and Kelly absolutely want mandatory fingerprints and private transactions through FFLs. Heck they were pushing for $50/5 year cards just two years ago. Theyre building to that, and will be back. Neither are friends of gun owners or gun rights, no matter how many flowers people want to throw at their feet now for hard work (/s) and compromise (/s). They have just simply chosen a path of incrementalism instead of all at once. Death by a thousand cuts.

Guzzardi gave no guarantee that heck vote yes on the floor. As I said earlier, this bill will not placate gun control groups or prevent the rest of the bad from being pushed through next Spring. The ISRA is being played like an out of tune fiddle.

And, make no mistake, Pritzker and Kelly absolutely want mandatory fingerprints and private transactions through FFLs. Heck they were pushing for $50/5 year cards just two years ago. Theyre building to that, and will be back. Neither are friends of gun owners or gun rights, no matter how many flowers people want to throw at their feet now for hard work and compromise. They have just simply chosen a path of incrementalism instead of all at once. Death by a thousand cuts.

You are 1000% correct. This is the same thing we have been preaching for years. They are committed to the long game.

So what happens if an FFL with hundreds of records held has a fire or some other unfortunate mishap? What happens if an FFL no longer wishes to be an FFL. How do the buyers and sellers get notified and who's responsible for getting them to another FFL?

To me, all this bill wants to do is end what private FFL's still exist and make ISP the defacto records keeper, cough registration, and transferer of the firearm.

I can't help but shake my head at all of this. They could arrest every legal firearm owner and throw us all in a bottomless pit to keep the world safe from us and it will not change the crime rate in Chicago a single bit. The politicians are choosing to shift blame rather than own the fact that they and their predecessors created the conditions that led to the situation we are in now. Until they own their role in this nothing is going to change.

They need to realize that the best form of gun control is not needing a gun.

I can't help but shake my head at all of this. They could arrest every legal firearm owner and throw us all in a bottomless pit to keep the world safe from us and it will not change the crime rate in Chicago a single bit. The politicians are choosing to shift blame rather than own the fact that they and their predecessors created the conditions that led to the situation we are in now. Until they own their role in this nothing is going to change.

Non of this is about stopping crime. It is about controlling us period. They can't control us as long as we have firearms , thus the reason to slowly but surely implement these " gun laws " .

Non of this is about stopping crime. It is about controlling us period. They can't control us as long as we have firearms , thus the reason to slowly but surely implement these " gun laws " .

Not to mention that this was supposed to be an experiment, yet 50+ years later, we still have it (it failed btw)

post-16014-0-19416700-1623875576_thumb.jpeg

post-16014-0-35510300-1623875588_thumb.jpeg

WHAT the heck just happened?

If it isn’t called, my guess would be the pro gun control Reps were not going to vote for it (as hinted at in Committee),

and they were short on votes for an immediate effective date. But, we’ll see

So if they can't get 100% of what they want, they won't accept 95% of it for free. I guess it takes the Moms to make the ISRA look good in this.

WHAT the heck just happened?

If it isn’t called, my guess would be the pro gun control Reps were not going to vote for it (as hinted at in Committee),and they were short on votes for an immediate effective date. But, we’ll see
So if they can't get 100% of what they want, they won't accept 95% of it for free. I guess it takes the Moms to make the ISRA look good in this.

Logistically speaking, if they can’t get 71 today, it wouldn’t be effective until next summer. So, from their point of view it might be preferrable to make another run at *their* bill through next Spring. In terms of timing, it wouldn’t matter if they pass a bill next Spring with an immediate effective date. We’ll see.

Archived