New FOID Issued in April... not yet received... ?

Well, I didn't expect to reach them by phone if I simply stayed on line while in an easy chair, but I just got off the phone with ISP.

The key phrase here is "batch number." The ISP rep didn't see a batch number for my card, meaning that my card has not yet been printed. She said they had a machine problem (due to the number of cards they've been printing, the machine broke down), and a bunch of cards will have to be reprinted. She added me to the reprint list again just to be sure I get one.

So.... try calling them if you have time. Custodian7138, my card was active as of April 6, so perhaps your card is in the same situation.

Incidentally, I realize this thread belongs in the Licensing Process forum, so moderators, feel free to relocate it. I do think this is a useful data point for anyone whose new FOID was not printed early April.

Max

Max Liberty: Thanks for all the helpful info. I'm in a similar situation...FOID card "Active" as of 5/17/2021, but never received in the mail. I've keep getting stuck in the automated replies when I try calling, how were you able to get through to a representative?

ISP web site states to wait between 30 or 60 days after active

If it’s not there by then they say to contact them

(Edited) I've keep getting stuck in the automated replies when I try calling, how were you able to get through to a representative?

I went through the automated menu as well -- pushed a few buttons indicating that I had a question about FOID renewal. To my surprise the phone started ringing, and I was put on hold for a while. Maybe it disconnects you if they're hopelessly behind, who knows?

Don't give up! :)

- Max

(Edited) I've keep getting stuck in the automated replies when I try calling, how were you able to get through to a representative?

I went through the automated menu as well -- pushed a few buttons indicating that I had a question about FOID renewal. To my surprise the phone started ringing, and I was put on hold for a while. Maybe it disconnects you if they're hopelessly behind, who knows?

Don't give up! :)

- Max

Thanks, Max. Sounds like there's a bit of luck needed, so hoping to get someone on the line today!

Angelasdad: Contact number given on IL Firearm Applicant Portal: 217-782-7980

Lilguy: I would suggest logging in and checking your status. Mine shows as Active, and Issued 4/6/2021. What caught my eye was that it appeared to have been approved and printed two months ago, but I never received it.

But how do you talk to someone? I just get the recording.

• 2 weeks later...

Max Liberty: Thanks for all the helpful info. I'm in a similar situation...FOID card "Active" as of 5/17/2021, but never received in the mail. I've keep getting stuck in the automated replies when I try calling, how were you able to get through to a representative?

No it doesn't. It says please wait 2 weeks after active before contacting the FSB.

My new FOID arrived today! Ten years will cover me until I escape this state.

Don't give up, folks. As noted, consider contacting them if it's been two weeks after going active, but you have no card in hand.

Max

Congrats, Max! I also received mine yesterday. As an FYI, my card says “issued 6/23/2021” even though it went “active” on 5/7/2021. Lends some credence to the delays in batch printing and mailing.

No it doesn't. It says please wait 2 weeks after active before contacting the FSB.

Use this link: https://isp.illinois.gov/Foid/Foidfaq

And it’s under: What if I didn’t receive my FOID card

Please allow 30 days plus time for mail delivery to pass before calling to check on the status of your FOID application. If at that time you have not received your FOID card, call the Customer Service Center at 217-782-7980. If the card was returned to the Illinois State Police as undeliverable by the USPS, it will only be mailed out again after you contact the Firearms Services Bureau at the number above. If you notify the Bureau within 6 months of application that you did not receive your card, a replacement card will be sent to you at no charge. After 6 months, you will need to re-apply.

So pop up or FAQ can’t they do anything right?

Under normal circumstances ISP is required to approve the FOID in 30 days, correct? If so, the FAQ almost certainly refers to the normal 30 day window, plus mailing time.

It seems to me that the popup message is clearly what we need to follow in the situation discussed in this thread (assuming your FOID status has changed to "Active" when you check online, that is.)

-Max

So pop up or FAQ can’t they do anything right?

Under normal circumstances ISP is required to approve the FOID in 30 days, correct? If so, the FAQ almost certainly refers to the normal 30 day window, plus mailing time.

It seems to me that the popup message is clearly what we need to follow in the situation discussed in this thread (assuming your FOID status has changed to "Active" when you check online, that is.)

-Max

New FOID 30 days. Renewal 60 busines days.

Interesting.

Mine now shows issued on June 23 as well (finally!), yet I still don't have it.

Ok, so my new CCL FINALLY showed up.

Total wait time was about 500 days. This seems to be the magic number as I know of a few other people who have been waiting about the same amount of time and they also got their CCL's, including some people here.

So pop up or FAQ cant they do anything right?

-Max

New FOID 30 days. Renewal 60 busines days.
Simply put, you're supposed to wait 30 days for a new FOID or 60 days for a renewal. That's been out the window for a while now. The relevant part is, once you do finally go active, you're supposed to wait 2 weeks before further inquiry, if you haven't received the card by then.

Archived