FOID approved but never recieved

I was looking at old emails and thought to check the status of my FOID card. It states ACTIVE and issued on April 5 but I never received it. I am living at the same address as my last renewal so it is not a bad address on file. I have not been checking with all the delays.

On ISP website, there are only two options for reporting. Lost or stolen. I never got it. I still have my now expired FOID, is this still valid for when I need to present it ?

Suggestions on getting a replacement? I could just put lost but I never received it.

Thanks for any help. Daniel

I know someone else also with the same issue for card ACTIVE in April. They called the contact number and shockingly were only on hold 15 or 20 minutes. ISP werent sure what happened but is resending their card.

and from the ISP FAQ

What if I did not receive my FOID Card?

Please first allow for the 30-day or 60 business-day processing time -- plus time for mail delivery -- to pass before calling to check on the status of your FOID application. If at that time you have not received your FOID card, call the Customer Service Center at 217-782-7980. If the card was returned to the Illinois State Police as undeliverable by the USPS, it will only be mailed out again after you contact the Firearms Services Bureau at the number above. If you notify the Bureau within 6 months of application that you did not receive your card, a replacement card will be sent to you at no charge. After 6 months, you will need to apply for a replacement card

Post office is a mess between DeJoy's mismanagement and workers sandbagging because they hate him, plus Covid stuff (they all received a large amount of available time off due to the pandemic and they are able to use it at any time). I've shipped stuff out priority that has taken up to a month to deliver and I frequently don't receive my magazines and other mail. It's just as likely to be lost in the system or sitting in some carrier's basement as delayed at the ISP.

Archived