Non resident application

Smallbore

The Illinois State Police sent a survey to each state to determine which states have laws that are substantially similar. Currently, the only states considered to be substantially similar are Arkansas, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, Texas and Virginia.

It is under CCL FAQ

The Illinois State Police sent a survey to each state to determine which states have laws that are substantially similar. Currently, the only states considered to be substantially similar are Arkansas, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, Texas and Virginia.[/size]

It is under CCL FAQ[/size]

Thanks, I was at state police cc faq but it was a short list. I couldn't find the full list.

Have they actually issued any? . .

I have one. Last I heard here in Texas, it was less than 20. I also heard one of the two instructors in the state moved away, and the other isn't teaching (not sure just rumor).

When you consider the expense and the hassle to get an IL CCL, you really need a good reason to get one. It's not any good anywhere else. I got mine because I had relatives that I visited quite often. They have since moved out of IL, so I won't be renewing.

Have they actually issued any? . .

I have one. Last I heard here in Texas, it was less than 20. I also heard one of the two instructors in the state moved away, and the other isn't teaching (not sure just rumor).

When you consider the expense and the hassle to get an IL CCL, you really need a good reason to get one. It's not any good anywhere else. I got mine because I had relatives that I visited quite often. They have since moved out of IL, so I won't be renewing.

Good thinking.

Archived