So.....Now that the mask mandate is over......

GLOCK22

Since there is NO law from the State making it a crime, how would it be a felony? Also, I don't remember the mask mandate ever carrying felony charges anyway.

I thought that ISP had something regarding it being a crime to wear a mask while carrying a weapon, unless that was just while in commission of a crime. I know it was a point of contention back when the mask mandate came about.

Q. DOES WEARING A FACE COVERING WHILE LEGALLY CARRYING A CONCEALED FIREARM PLACE ME IN DANGER OF VIOLATING ILLINOIS' FIREARMS LAWS?

A. The Governor's Executive Order regarding the wearing of masks or protective facial coverings in public settings during this serious global pandemic was not intended to negatively impact permit holders under the Illinois Concealed Carry Act while legally carrying firearms. The Executive Order does not require or suggest that law enforcement should arrest or criminally charge conceal carry license permit holders for wearing protective masks while in public as long as they are complying with the other provisions of the Illinois Concealed Carry Act and are not committing any other violations of Illinois law. ISP has confidence that law enforcement officers across the state will use appropriate judgment and that elected State's Attorneys will likewise exercise sound prosecutorial discretion.

in such manner as to conceal his or her identity;

Are you wearing your mask to conceal your identity or for public health reason?

DOES WEARING A FACE COVERING WHILE LEGALLY CARRYING A CONCEALED FIREARM PLACE ME IN DANGER OF VIOLATING ILLINOIS' FIREARMS LAWS?
The Governor's Executive Order regarding the wearing of masks or protective facial coverings in public settings during this serious global pandemic was not intended to negatively impact permit holders under the Illinois Concealed Carry Act while legally carrying firearms. The Executive Order does not require or suggest that law enforcement should arrest or criminally charge conceal carry license permit holders for wearing protective masks while in public as long as they are complying with the other provisions of the Illinois Concealed Carry Act and are not committing any other violations of Illinois law. ISP has confidence that law enforcement officers across the state will use appropriate judgment and that elected State's Attorneys will likewise exercise sound prosecutorial discretion.

So....now that the STATE mask mandate is over ...

It's only "over" for vaccinated people. Unvaccinated people are still "mandated" to wear masks. Besides, it has only ever been a crime to wear a mask if it was to conceal your identity.

A better question would be whether you can carry on Halloween if you're in costume.

in such manner as to conceal his or her identity;

Are you wearing your mask to conceal your identity or for public health reason?

This and this again!!!! Enough said.

There are still millions upon millions of people wearing masks even now that the mandate is over so why worry about someone asking you about WHY are you wearing a mask? Look at YouTube. People went absolutely nuts about mask wearing. There are a lot of Karen's out there. I went to Walmart the other day to buy My allotment of 22 Long rifle and I would guess 95% of the people were wearing masks. So what cop is going to stop and ask.

It seems respiratory face masks are now accepted as public wear, and will be forever.

I thought you all had put this one to bed the last time it was brought up.

Or the time before that...

Troublemakers?

One day, we will open carry while wearing face masks or bandanas.

Few will think anything of it.

There are still millions upon millions of people wearing masks even now that the mandate is over so why worry about someone asking you about WHY are you wearing a mask? Look at YouTube. People went absolutely nuts about mask wearing. There are a lot of Karen's out there. I went to Walmart the other day to buy My allotment of 22 Long rifle and I would guess 95% of the people were wearing masks. So what cop is going to stop and ask.

I went to Sam's Club yesterday no mask required and some employees not masked.

The mask had quickly disappeared in our area, which is nice to see. A few are still wearing the mask, which is that person's right and happy to support. Yet, will also support those that don't want to wear it.

Glad things are starting to return to normal.

You wouldn't believe the number of people walking around Charlotte NC still wearing masks. Social media posts around here have people vowing to continue wearing masks out of fear that they will get mistaken as republicans. So I guess the masks true purpose is revealed because anybody with an independant thought in their skull knows the masks didn't work to stop airborn virus.

How about a little consideration for those of us with personal circumstances that make us more vulnerable?

Even after vaccination, my immune system is not as fully fortified against the virus because the rheumatoid arthritis drugs I take also suppressed the ability of the vaccine to create a full amount of antibodies. And the baseline antibody suppression itself already made me extremely more vulnerable at my age, with my other health conditions, while caring for someone under cancer treatment.

So yeah, as much as I hate masks for a variety of reasons (difficulty in recognizing people, muffled voices, difficulty in establishing initial rapport, reduction in breathing efficiency, etc.) I still will wear one more often than I would really like.

Not because I'm making a political statement -- simply out of advisable medical caution.

Rich Phillips

Smallbore,

I'm reacting to a mindset that infiltrates many posts here and elsewhere on this subject -- one that ignores the fact that there are folks who wear them for legitimate medical reasons, and who aren't mindless sheep.

Rich

I don't think anyone is pointing at individuals such as yourself. It's more for the ones we still see driving their car with no passengers yet still wearing the diaper.

Smallbore,

I'm reacting to a mindset that infiltrates many posts here and elsewhere on this subject -- one that ignores the fact that there are folks who wear them for legitimate medical reasons, and who aren't mindless sheep.

Rich

I don't think anyone is pointing at individuals such as yourself. It's more for the ones we still see driving their car with no passengers yet still wearing the diaper.

Saw a guy alone in his car yesterday (no Uber or Lyft stickers) with a mask AND his windows open.

A mask doesn't protect you from other people. It protects other people from you.

A vaccine OTOH does both.

Supposedly about 38% of Illinois residents are "fully" vaccinated (2 weeks or more since their 2nd doses), but I do not see anywhere near 38% of people going maskless. In one supermarket near me, I see a few people shopping without masks, but I'd say it's much less than 10%. In another, more upscale, supermarket, I'm frequently the only person there without a mask. Ordinarily I'd suspect that the shoppers of the more upscale market would be the most likely to be vaccinated, too.

FWIW I occasionally get dirty looks, but no one has gotten confrontational with me after Tuesday last week, the second day the "mandate" was rolled back for vaccinated people.

I had to go to walmart to pick up some stuff for my mother...

No mask 'required'...

No mask for me!!

Funny thing...ALOT of sheep.

I saw only ONE other person without the diaper.

Did I get any dirty looks.. HellifIknow... They were all wearing their diapers.

And no...I checked.. no .22 on the shelves

Archived