range finders

papa

I picked up a Leupold on sale at Optics Planet for around that price and it works good. A friend has a Sig Sauer one that I believe was under $300 and it also works really well. I don't demand a lot out of my range finder, just to tell me the distance. It's got a lot of other feature/functions that I should probably learn to use.

I picked up a Leupold on sale at Optics Planet for around that price and it works good. A friend has a Sig Sauer one that I believe was under $300 and it also works really well. I don't demand a lot out of my range finder, just to tell me the distance. It's got a lot of other feature/functions that I should probably learn to use.

You can get a 10% off code for OptPl at post thread on Arfcom

Yeah, and you can wait months for your shipment from that piece of **** hellhole.

Never again will they get another dime out of me.

It seems to be an unpredictabe experience. I've ordered and gotten item within 3 to 4 days which is exactly what they had on order page. I had read the prior OptPl reviews. I made sure the item showed as in stock and checked with them as to make sure no back order where it seems they drop ship. The same they suck/they are fine discussions go on at arfcom as well.

I've always used a Nikon Prostaff. Nothing fancy, good up to about 600 yds, but honestly, my eyes have a shorter range these days.

When you say good up to 600 yards , is that off of trees and animals or off of a reflective surface? Just trying to learn all I can . Thanks

The specs state 600 yds, my range is actually about 150 yds and behind my house. I bounce it off of tree stumps and steel targets as well as the occasional deer. I have had mine for 6 or 7 years. Dropped it numerous times, lost it in the woods, bounced it around in blinds and tree stands and it just keep kicking. It is not fancy but it works for me.

The specs state 600 yds, my range is actually about 150 yds and behind my house. I bounce it off of tree stumps and steel targets as well as the occasional deer. I have had mine for 6 or 7 years. Dropped it numerous times, lost it in the woods, bounced it around in blinds and tree stands and it just keep kicking. It is not fancy but it works for me.

Thanks for the info .

Archived