Illinois Instructor Certification

Once one has submitted a Illinois Instructor Certification application. How long is it taking them to process the application for approval?

Is something sent in the mail? A license? A certificate?

Wondering what the recent timeline would be for that. We are looking to add an instructor and can't imgaine how long til she gets approved.

I recall mine coming pretty swiftly in the early days, but nowadays...

That’s what I was wondering. The Texas LTC instructor certification course and timeline is about 4-6 months. But part of that problem down here is that a special class is taught by DPS (Department of Public Safety) and the class load due to covid was reduced to 50% so instead of the normal class load of 120, they are down to 60 per class. So getting into the class is taking a bit. But the good thing is once you pass the 3 day class, they give you your cert letter with number on the last day.

How long is a Illinois Instructor Certification valid before it needs renewal?

The instructor certification does not expire. If you look in the ISP website it will show your FOID & CCL expiration dates but not for your instructor cert.

If you use your NRA credentials to qualify to become an Illinois CC instructor, you MUST keep your NRA credentials current.

How long is a Illinois Instructor Certification valid before it needs renewal?

The instructor certification does not expire. If you look in the ISP website it will show your FOID & CCL expiration dates but not for your instructor cert.

If you use your NRA credentials to qualify to become an Illinois CC instructor, you MUST keep your NRA credentials current.

Cool that’s easy enough to do! I will end up only teaching 2-3 classes a year in Texas for Illinois, yet I teach quite a few NRA classes. Especially now that Texas will soon be a Constitutional a carry state. I’m on the border with Arkansas and I teach a lot of NRA classes to newbies who don’t want to mess with a AR LTC.

Archived