FOID Signup Question

artfullestdodger

Hello all.

I've created an account on here to see if anyone can help me figure out what to do. Back in 2018, I tried to get a FOID, but when I did it, the address on my license didn't match the address where I was living. (Both are in IL). I wasn't able to complete the process then.

So I log on the other day to try and finish the process. It lists my Application Address as a place that I'm not currently living anymore, and the status of the application is "rejected". There's a 'fix-it' option with the following:

Your Firearm Owner's Identification Card application is incomplete. Please satisfy the following and resubmit your application:
Submitted address information does not match Illinois Driver's License/ID Card information. Your information must match the address on file with the Illinois Secretary of States office on the identification that you provided. Please go to https://ilsos.gov/addrchange/and submit your address change prior to resubmission.
My drivers license currently matches my actual address, as I purchased a house last year and live there now. When I go in to try and fix it, the site asks me to provide 10 years of addresses. I would provide it, but the problem is that I don't remember them all. I've lived in many many places over the last 10 years, at least 10 different addresses, with 5 years in IL, and the 5 before that in CO. It's just never seemed important to document when and where I might have lived here for half a year, or lived in this other place for a couple months, or elsewhere for a year.
Is there a way to just 'reset' everything so I can start the process from the beginning and have the site forget that I tried before with mis-matching addresses?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue is that I did get my address changed most of those times. So I'm still looking at about 7 or 8 addresses that were 'official' during that time. But I don't remember all of them. If I show up at the DMV, will they assist in getting me a record of all my previous addresses that I've had my license under? I would have to contact CO's DMV as well in that case.

Thanks,

Use https://www.fastpeoplesearch.com/, enter your name, city and state. It won't give you a timeline but you just need a month and year. If you don't remember the exact month, try to remember the season and estimate months from that.

Yes to the above - staying with friends or at college don't count unless you became a resident there.

Use https://www.fastpeoplesearch.com/, enter your name, city and state. It won't give you a timeline but you just need a month and year. If you don't remember the exact month, try to remember the season and estimate months from that.

Yes to the above - staying with friends or at college don't count unless you became a resident there.

Don't leave a gap in your addresses.

• 2 weeks later...

Since when do you have to give 10 years of addresses for a FOID card.

Something doesn't sound right.

They did it to match the CC requirements. They more or less copied the FCCL application. Legal ??? But that's the way it is.

Ok, I have been thinking about this change and I have a question or two.

Does anyone know when the 10 years of addresses requirement for a FOID card started.

Also under what authority allowed the ISP to institute this change. Was there a change to an ILCS or was there a change to a JCAR rule.

As eluded to, is this change even legal?

I ask because I think I'm going to make some phone calls to my elected officials and start rattling some cages. If anyone knows how or when this change took place please enlighten me.

Thanks

Since when do you have to give 10 years of addresses for a FOID card.

Something doesn't sound right.

They did it to match the CC requirements. They more or less copied the FCCL application. Legal ??? But that's the way it is.

Ok, I have been thinking about this change and I have a question or two.

Does anyone know when the 10 years of addresses requirement for a FOID card started.

Also under what authority allowed the ISP to institute this change. Was there a change to an ILCS or was there a change to a JCAR rule.

As eluded to, is this change even legal?

I ask because I think I'm going to make some phone calls to my elected officials and start rattling some cages. If anyone knows how or when this change took place please enlighten me.

Thanks

What comes to mind….. Aurora

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone reading the forums will find posts about the nightmares people are in awaiting their FOID Card.

With more than a couple dozen now getting assistance from MollyB as their FOID Card app date is more than 200 days plus!

Then we see about a dozen posts of late where in guys say they are getting their Cards with 9 to 12 days! But right under those posts are people still waiting more than 6 months.

Best advice anyone attempting to get information on the time frames is to “Read” the threads herein and make their own guess.

Understand that without the merging and the flowing from FOID to CCL and back and forth posting, you will need to read through all “wait time” threads.

yeah, i received my card in the mail today (May 28)--submitted the application on May 14. a poster on a different site i was reading earlier said he called and was told they are processing new applications first now instead of in the order they were submitted. i'm new to illinois (and the forum), but if that's accurate, it does seem a bit odd. and to the op's question about 10 years of addresses, i was in the same boat--not being able to remember specifics from places i lived--but the suggestion above about getting a credit report worked for me...it contained just over 10 years of residence info.

If anyone is getting near to renewing their FOID card, we would like to know if the 10 year address requirement pops up. Please let us know.

I get at least 10 calls every day re: FOID/CCL, and I've heard a handful of people in the last month mention this 10 years of addresses thing...

I don't know about it right now but it did not show up when my wife renewed at the end of 2020 for her renewal. She needed a current picture and answered the usual questions.

Archived