Where are we headed in Illinois, what’s the end game?

lilguy

As of now total bans are unconstitutional, Some states, ours,working overtime to make our lives Miserable.

I would like some idea where this is leading if anyone would care to offer an opinion. My FOID will renew in a year and a half, my CCL a year later. Itll be 50 years Ive had a FOID at that time. Got my CCL several months after it became legal using finger prints. I'm not paranoid, Ive always played by the rules. Have a C/R license also.

Some folks want to or are leaving Illinois, a few are talking giving up gun life in the state. It almost seems one direction the state may go is making gun ownership complicated and expensive. Neither of those will stop most of us but it would eventually cause gun ownership to wither and die on the vine I suspect. Illinois is a strange place. It has the system in place that many antis elsewhere say the want in there locations. And yet its still not enough for the antis here. We have licensing, background checks and waiting periods. Oh, and some folks still kill one and other anyway. We all know it will always be about control, the gun part is just a red herring.

Too many live in fear seeking safety by giving government tyrannical powers. They will complain about abuses but continue to demand more laws, more restrictions on their neighbors. Then demand cops enforce all these new powers given to government.

Marxism is alive and well.

This is truly the Devil's world.

These same people seek "science" (often fake science) to protect them while while rejecting freedom which only has a history of giving protection.

They too reject the grace of God falling for secular humanism that only harms them.

You can run to another state instead of standing your ground here fighting for freedom but the fearful will follow with their nanny state mentality.

Only a relaxed mental state developed from understanding the grace of our Lord by studying the word of God will allow us to have peace in this non-peaceful world.

My story ends with me vacating the state, it's just not worth my remaining years to fight all the things wrong with this state when I can move and have a vast majority of those issues resolved instanty and focus on other things.

And this is part of the Left's plan for worldwide totalitarianism.

Enter a location. Destroy it with LWW-ism.

Force people to escape and move elsewhere.

Many of those will bring their LWW-ism with them. (not saying you're doing it, their goal is to get rid of non-LWW's first)

Later, rinse, repeat.

This is known as the Curley Effect.

First, they get rid of non-LWW's. Then eventually the LWW's get hurt by the LWW policies and then they leave and assimilate more red states.

"Don't California My Arizona" is a big saying where I am.

That feeling of freedom once you leave is a real thing. I feel like my life was reset to 1985 or so. Sure, we have some LWWs here too, but they lack the power to do much on their own thus far. I find I really only worry about federal legislation now, my blood pressure has improved, and the sun shines a little more brightly.

I retired and left Illinois in 2019 for Tennessee. If I could have done it sooner I would have. Illinois one party rule, endless escalating taxes, anti-gun, and legislative red tape for everything was all part of my decision. The weather, less taxes, less congestion, and a state population that is amiable and polite to each other, are additional reasons. I love it here. I tell friends and family, "I wasn't born here, but this is home"

Illinois will continue to be run by corrupt left wing politicians. Although it's a nice dream, Chicago and cook county will never be "walled off". the citizens in the rest of the state are paying for the crime and corruption in Chicago, they'll never allow it.

Sad because I love it where I now live, nice house on 40 acres of good hunting and 1/2 mile from a state park with fishing and hiking and biking. It will be really hard to find someplace I like as much and can afford.

Lots of affordable 'hunting' land in the Ozarks of Missouri or in Tennessee and quite reasonable when you factor in the property tax savings that allows you to have a larger actual mortage payment.

I understand. Our church is the reason I stay. My wife’s family is why she wants to stay. We work in Missouri so at least I get cheap gas etc there. Sometimes moving sounds like a good idea. I love the area we are in though, small conservative town. IE democrats, but moderate democrats who I think voted mostly republicans in last election in the local area.

Due to my wife's work schedule, we've not begun house hunting except online. But for a breath of country air (both kinds), we've enjoyed day trips into IA, WI, IL, IN, and MI. Basically 3-5 hours out from Chicago. Whenever we return to the rat race, we are so ready to cut ties to Illinois corruption, the mean-streak social-climbers, twisted liberals, and the woefully brainwashed League of Women Voters.

I just read that Apple will invest $1B or more in NC's Triangle area...which will jack housing prices (and blue votes) even higher. We'll stay far clear of the blue metro's, but we're not sure there are enough red counties in NC to offset a large influx of California know-it-alls.

Due to my wife's work schedule, we've not begun house hunting except online. But for a breath of country air (both kinds), we've enjoyed day trips into IA, WI, IL, IN, and MI. Basically 3-5 hours out from Chicago. Whenever we return to the rat race, we are so ready to cut ties to Illinois corruption,

Same here, since this lockdowns we have taken quite a few road trips out of state for sanity reasons and we just booked our 2nd Floridia vacation of the year, we are both done with Illinois, these lockdowns were basically the final nail, now it's just a matter of assuring we land on our feet out of state with a 'forever' home.

Flynn - FYI

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/average-retirement-age-every-state-110000586.html

It also gives you an idea of how much you will need for a "comfortable retirement".

As of July 2020, Florida was #23 on state and Average local sales taxes. Three years before, FL was #30 so their taxes are rising. TN, AR, LA, and AL were #1, #2, #3, & #5 with the highest sales taxes.

Unfortunately, FL is #8 when it comes to gasoline taxes. GA, AL, & MS are #23, #32, & #48 on gas tax.

Flynn - FYI

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/average-retirement-age-every-state-110000586.html

It also gives you an idea of how much you will need for a "comfortable retirement".

As of July 2020, Florida was #23 on state and Average local sales taxes. Three years before, FL was #30 so their taxes are rising. TN, AR, LA, and AL were #1, #2, #3, & #5 with the highest sales taxes.

Unfortunately, FL is #8 when it comes to gasoline taxes. GA, AL, & MS are #23, #32, & #48 on gas tax.

We have no interest in living in FL, not a fan of the constant heat and humidty unless it's beach time, we have settled on TN as our new home, that puts FL and other Gulf states within a weekend trip destination same with coming home to visit friends and family for a weekend in IL, and we still get the seasonal changes just not as drastic.

Archived