Biden’s new idiocy carry’s no weight!

Rilo

Who knew? There is a difference between EO and EA and ultimately the difference is EA is not legally binding and just a propaganda wish list.

It appears Bidens new ideas carry as much weight as a feather!

The use of executive actions by the president of the United States came under intense scrutiny during Barack Obama's two terms in office. But many critics misunderstood the definition of executive actions and the difference with legally binding executive orders.

Obama issued dozens of executive actions designed to prevent gun violence in January 2016, fulfilling one of his primary agenda items. Many of the media reports mistakenly described the policy proposals as official executive orders, which are legally binding directives from the president to federal administrative agencies.

The Obama administration, however, described the proposals as executive actions. And those executive actionsranging from universal background checks on anyone trying to buy guns, restoring a ban on military-style assault weapons, and cracking down on straw purchases of guns by people whose intention is to resell them to criminalscarried none of the weight executive orders carry.

The following explains what executive actions are and how they compare to executive orders.

Executive Actions Versus Executive Orders

Executive actions are any informal proposals or moves by the president. The term executive action itself is vague and can be used to describe almost anything the president calls on Congress or his administration to do. But many executive actions carry no legal weight. Those that do actually set policy can be invalidated by the courts or undone by legislation passed by Congress.

The terms executive action and executive order are not interchangeable. Executive orders are legally binding and published in the Federal Register, though they also can be reversed by the courts and Congress.

A good way to think of executive actions is a wish list of policies the president would like to see enacted.

That may be true but if ATF establishes rules to regulate home built guns and braces, as is reported to be in Biden's proposals, those will certainly be enforced.

And if David Chipman is approved as ATF head, that will not work well for gun rights. He is, after all, a senior advisor to the anti-gun group Giffords.

Yes, Chipman is the real threat (so far). He is about as anti-gun as possible. He has also delted a ton of his social media comments on this subject, just prior to the announcement. Hopefully, R Senators had staff on this before, grabbing screen shots. THat doesn't minimize the 'Directions' to the Justice Department to make rules on 'Ghost Guns" and braces. But, those I think are fightable in the courts, depending on what they come up with.

That may be true but if ATF establishes rules to regulate home built guns and braces, as is reported to be in Biden's proposals, those will certainly be enforced.

And if David Chipman is approved as ATF head, that will not work well for gun rights. He is, after all, a senior advisor to the anti-gun group Giffords.

I'm not sure enforced is the correct word, it's impossible to "enforce" it's only possible to punish.

"those will certainly be enforced" or "those caught will be punished. - Everyone needs a jury of the peers anymore.

Chapman has to make it through the senate and that’s unlikely. Let’s remember majority of new gun owners are liberals they don’t want to screw the midterms like Clinton did.

I don't know the rules on Senate confirmations for executive appointments, so I'm not sure if they need 60 votes to invoke cloture or if they can end debate with a simple majority. Either way, I get the feeling that this appointment is going to get pushed through, even if they need to use the nuclear option to do it. The Democrats took the Senate back, even in the face of all these new gun owners, so they likely feel they have an obligation to make stuff happen.

Chapman has to make it through the senate and that’s unlikely. Let’s remember majority of new gun owners are liberals they don’t want to screw the midterms like Clinton did.

I don't know the rules on Senate confirmations for executive appointments, so I'm not sure if they need 60 votes to invoke cloture or if they can end debate with a simple majority. Either way, I get the feeling that this appointment is going to get pushed through, even if they need to use the nuclear option to do it. The Democrats took the Senate back, even in the face of all these new gun owners, so they likely feel they have an obligation to make stuff happen.

99% sure they need only a simple majority for cabinet level appointments. Issue is getting Manchin onboard with it since they would need 100% of dem senators to make it happen.

Also what happens if you buy an AR pistol with a brace before the EA takes effect? Illinois does ban NFA weapons as far as I know. Don't want to be outside the law, but if I can snag one before they become harder to get I may. Also I think the order only applies to braces, so in theory if you had to turn anything in it would be the brace, not the firearm itself.

Biden's Executive Whatevers are not law and should not be followed. He is not a king.

Also the ATF does not make law either, but I'm sure they will abuse their "rulemaking" ability.

I'm not sure enforced is the correct word, it's impossible to "enforce" it's only possible to punish.

"those will certainly be enforced" or "those caught will be punished. - Everyone needs a jury of the peers anymore.

Won't matter, what you or I do, or do not do. It will depend what the FFLs and Vendors do. And, if histpry serves, they WILL follow what the ATF is enforcing UNTIL it is thrown out or nullified in the courts.

Biden's Executive Whatevers are not law and should not be followed. He is not a king.

Also the ATF does not make law either, but I'm sure they will abuse their "rulemaking" ability.

Won't matter, what you or I do, or do not do. It will depend what the FFLs and Vendors do. And, if histpry serves, they WILL follow what the ATF is enforcing UNTIL it is thrown out or nullified in the courts.

FFL would not have to comply if the brace was sold separately to the firearm as a brace would be outside of the jurisdiction in this case. The brace can only be regulated as part of a firearm to which it wouldn’t be.

Who knew? There is a difference between EO and EA and ultimately the difference is EA is not legally binding and just a propaganda wish list.

The following explains what executive actions are and how they compare to executive orders.

Executive Actions Versus Executive Orders

Executive actions are any informal proposals or moves by the president. The term executive action itself is vague and can be used to describe almost anything the president calls on Congress or his administration to do. But many executive actions carry no legal weight. Those that do actually set policy can be invalidated by the courts or undone by legislation passed by Congress.

The terms executive action and executive order are not interchangeable. Executive orders are legally binding and published in the Federal Register, though they also can be reversed by the courts and Congress.

Are Executive Memorandums also a separate thing or are they equivalent to an EO or EA? Too many confuse and discuss these as interchangeable when they are not.

I dunno ... should we actually comply with the executive, dictatorial fiats of someone who majically won a tainted mail-in ballot election by hiding in his basement and not campaigning, and now insists he has the unilateral right to overrule the Bill of Rights and deprive us of our liberty and property? Last I checked, THIS is precisely why the Founders included the Second Amendment!

I dunno ... should we actually comply with the executive, dictatorial fiats of someone who majically won a tainted mail-in ballot election by hiding in his basement and not campaigning, and now insists he has the unilateral right to overrule the Bill of Rights and deprive us of our liberty and property? Last I checked, THIS is precisely why the Founders included the Second Amendment!

they have to figure out what line they want to cross......if they make an 80% lower or 11 round magazines a felony then what's it matter. Put on the fun switch and homebrew suppressors too.

they have to figure out what line they want to cross......if they make an 80% lower or 11 round magazines a felony then what's it matter. Put on the fun switch and homebrew suppressors too.

:hyper: :clap: :rofl: :lol:

My 79% receiver business is about to take off.

The inmates are now running the asylum in D.C. The 2 trillion pork packed left wing agenda bill and H.R. 1 aside these dum0craps are severely overplaying their hand. Let's get out and start voting these ding-a-lings outs in 18 months.

The media will keep it out of sight out of mind so as not to affect the vote. Social media might even ban you for criticizing Democrat actions, since by criticizing them you put them in danger according to their logic.

Archived