New FOID wait time

I applied on June 23, 2020. Now on my 258th day waiting. WTH?? Any remedies?

My wife's application is the same day. ISPFSB lists a FOID number on her page but is still "Under Review". I constantly see other applications after hers (and yours) being approved, so it makes me think someone took the apps from that week home to work on and lost them :blink:

In the same boat and tried everything- Representatives and Senators office, ISP Directly, even Molly tried reaching out for me.

Applied for new FOID and CCL (Same time) June 27th, 2020 and still under review. Maybe they don't like that I check-in every day and have had multiple sources submit inquiries for me...lol

In the same boat and tried everything- Representatives and Senators office, ISP Directly, even Molly tried reaching out for me.

Applied for new FOID and CCL (Same time) June 27th, 2020 and still under review. Maybe they don't like that I check-in every day and have had multiple sources submit inquiries for me...lol

You may have stumbled upon something there.

Maybe they are so busy replying to inquiries...........

Ah ha ha ha ha ha who am I kidding, they don’t reply to anyone. Just thought I’d bring a little levity to an otherwise sad system!

You may have stumbled upon something there.

Maybe they are so busy replying to inquiries...........

Ah ha ha ha ha ha who am I kidding, they don’t reply to anyone. Just thought I’d bring a little levity to an otherwise sad system!

:D You are probably right! Too busy deleting emails from people like me :D

Nope 3/21/21

My friend called 2 Sundays ago said his wife was applying- some instructor was doing it for her and I think she started the concealed carry class

He was asking me if I had any firearms for sale, I said check back when she has FOID in hand, well that was today

Guess I'll blow the dust off the shield EZ

• 2 months later...

Got this email a few days ago from ISRA.

Dear ISRA Members,

Our attorney, who is representing us in the Motion to Dismiss in the Luce v. Kelly CCL application case, is requesting your response. We are looking for anyone that has been waiting more than 90 days for a CCL (120 days if they did not submit fingerprints). Please email our attorney at dsigale@sigalelaw.com by Monday June 21, 2021.

They did not leave a phone number on the email.

A coworker of mine had payment taken for his FOID 1-12-21 and is still waiting. He said when he logs in, it always tells him "two more weeks". Any suggestions to speed things up?

Thanks for any advice.

I asked him what he was seeing when he logged in. It looks like he is "unable to log in at this time" He tried resetting the password and is having no luck. The "two weeks" I believe is the generic "System Alert!" message that says you should wait two weeks after "active" before contacting FSB.

I suggested he call and try to get through to someone to help him get logged in.

A coworker of mine had payment taken for his FOID 1-12-21 and is still waiting. He said when he logs in, it always tells him "two more weeks". Any suggestions to speed things up?

Thanks for any advice.

I asked him what he was seeing when he logged in. It looks like he is "unable to log in at this time" He tried resetting the password and is having no luck. The "two weeks" I believe is the generic "System Alert!" message that says you should wait two weeks after "active" before contacting FSB.

I suggested he call and try to get through to someone to help him get logged in.

Try registering with a new account instead. Ive read that can reset and blend the account back letting one get back in.

• 2 months later...

If you applied for a first time FOID card and your application has passed the 30 day time frame required by law, you should submit a request the director of ISP for administrative hearing.

Typed or handwritten is fine - see attached word doc below:

Sec. 10. Appeal to director; hearing; relief from firearm prohibitions.

1. Whenever an application for a Firearm Owner's Identification Card is denied, whenever the Department fails to act on an application within 30 days of its receipt, or whenever such a Card is revoked or seized as provided for in Section 8 of this Act, the aggrieved party may appeal to the Director of State Police for a hearing upon such denial, revocation or seizure, 

You will need to send a letter to the director and request a hearing on why your FOID was not issued within the 30 day time frame (60 business days for a renewal) prescribed by law. In the letter, give your full legal name, date of birth, FOID number or application number, and the date you submitted the application for your FOID card.

What usually happens is once the director sees there is no reason to delay the FOID card, they simply process and issue.

If, on the rare occasion you are granted a hearing, it is usually a meeting with an administrative judge appointed by the ISP, you may be able to do that as a teleconference or may need to travel to Springfield. You can have an attorney with you, if you think you need one.

Send this all via a mail service that will provide you with a signed receipt of delivery to:

Director Brendan Kelly

Illinois State Police

801 S. 7th Street

Springfield, IL 62703

Request for Administrative hearing.docx

Archived