Anyone have a problem with their expired CCL or FOID?

vito

I've wondered how many folks have had a problem with things like buying ammo when they show their expired FOID or CCL to an uninformed store clerk who does not know or believe when told that due to Covid19 all of these licenses have been extended until after the pandemic. Or if any members of this forum have traveled out of state and had to produce their CCL for an LEO, who then gave them a problem because the CCL was seemingly expired?

If your FOID/FCCL is expired, also carry a printout with

* a screenshot of your application STILL in progress

* the state announcement that the FOID/FCCL has been extended in its validity.

Otherwise, you will have brain cell donors tell you the opposite.

A LEO could be skeptical about something printed out. It is something that could easily be faked.

But, I suspect, but not positive, a LEO in another state would be able to access the Illinois data.

A store clerk or online seller might be another problem. Their ignorance has been mentioned on many threads.

We’ve had two members voice in about the out of state experiences with Leo’s. It was and should be a non starter. A check of their system will bring back a valid card.

As for the buying of ammo and firearms. Some ammo purveyors have been slow to accept IF they accept the expired card in hand.

One lgs will actually run the card to see if it says valid and then you may purchase.

Again posted herein before are a few who have had different experiences with stores and FFL’s when buying a firearm.

Since most are private entities they can either sell or not sell as they see fit.

Yes, there will be those along shortly whom say that if the store/FFL won’t sell and they are, as listed above “brain dead” then you should take you business elsewhere.

In closing and having been right here reading each and every day, thank you Covid, with a full year now under the current work around and input from the ISP I’d say it’s a non starter issue. Unless we are asking about what iff’s And what for’s then it gets into speculation!

Bought a gun recently and as long as I had my print out of confirmation of renewal application with me from last April,which I did ,everything was fine.If I go into a store for ammo same thing.If I do forget to bring my print out .in for ammo purchase I just show my CCL and haven't had a problem YET.Online purchases of ammo have gone smoothly also,which really suprises me.

Yes, I bought a rifle in Indiana a couple weeks ago. My FOID had expired the day before my purchase. I submitted renewal for my FOID in December 2020 but was not carrying proof of renewal or receipt of renewal payment. Purchased was put on hold until I provided written proof that renewal was submitted. No matter how you cut it, delayed rights are denied rights. Some of these judges should be sued for kicking the can down the road and refusing to do their job.

The reality is that those in power in our State, and sadly at the national level, do not respect or care about the U.S. Constitution one iota. "Rights" are what they decide to grant the peasants, and can easily be withdrawn. The Democrats see the 2nd Amendment, and all so-called gun rights as aberrations of the "woke" society that they are striving for. I have no doubt that many are anxiously awaiting a chance to do away with the entire concealed carry licensing program in IL, and to impose more draconian limits on what guns we can own and how we must store them, etc, etc. I would not be surprised to find out that the endless delays in resolving the FOID and CCL issues were expressly ordered into place by the Fat Boy running this state, probably after consulting with and getting agreement on the plan from Preckwinkle and Lightfoot. The same people that think it is unacceptable that some states have placed limitations on abortion that do not exist in the radically Left states are perfectly happy with having states choose to limit or ignore the 2nd Amendment entirely.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived