More Disrespect – More Action Needed!

mauserme

I cannot file a witness slip as I am now back in my home state of IA.

Why is that? What is stopping you? If you think because now in IA read this post and the few responses after, then decide.https://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77319&do=findComment&comment=1305375

They seem to geo-locate your IP address and block it. When I was working in Kansas City and still an IL resident I had to wait until I was back at my house in IL to login and do witness slips. The same with the cyberdrive site for license renewals.
Hmm, I havent seen that before.

Why is that? What is stopping you? If you think because now in IA read this post and the few responses after, then decide.

https://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77319&do=findComment&comment=1305375

They seem to geo-locate your IP address and block it. When I was working in Kansas City and still an IL resident I had to wait until I was back at my house in IL to login and do witness slips. The same with the cyberdrive site for license renewals.

You could use a VPN.

Why is that? What is stopping you? If you think because now in IA read this post and the few responses after, then decide.

https://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77319&do=findComment&comment=1305375

A border area proximity could show a violation of a voter's right to express their self.

Why is that? What is stopping you? If you think because now in IA read this post and the few responses after, then decide.https://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77319&do=findComment&comment=1305375

A border area proximity could show a violation of a voter's right to express their self.

Previous years it seemed like no problems out of state. Just because you are not in IL it doesnt mean you are not an IL resident

Any legality in completing a witness slip for a spouse if they agree?

I don't think it's a problem as long as its done with consent and it accurately reflects their feelings about the bill(s) in question.

I'd suspect that logging in as someone you're not would be computer fraud. IANAL

Not logging in for anyone. Merely completing a form.

I'd suspect that logging in as someone you're not would be computer fraud. IANAL

Not logging in for anyone. Merely completing a form.

Perhaps your argument it that you file slips without using a stored profile (guessing since you don't say), but you're still impersonating someone else to the system.

Slips sent on all four.

Mauserme, I really appreciate all you do to help us in this fight. I do have one suggestion:

On any thread like this, please start the title with "Call to Action". Having a couple busy days, here, and almost missed seeing this one. It does end with "More Action Needed", but on a quick scan down the titles, I almost failed to see the end of the phrase. Thanks again!

Daryl

Slips sent on all four.

Mauserme, I really appreciate all you do to help us in this fight. I do have one suggestion:

On any thread like this, please start the title with "Call to Action". Having a couple busy days, here, and almost missed seeing this one. It does end with "More Action Needed", but on a quick scan down the titles, I almost failed to see the end of the phrase. Thanks again!

Daryl

Yeah, I tried something a little different on this one but I agree with you. We'll be going back to "Call to action" on the next one.

Use a VPN, set location in IL

Archived