More Disrespect – More Action Needed!

mauserme

More Disrespect!

In our last Call to Action we shed light on the legislative hypocrisy of those who say they want “gun safety”, but seek to impose taxes that work to prevent safety training and range time. The bill we spoke of, HB238 Sch Trauma – Ammo Tax, was sent to subcommittee in part because of Illinois gun owners' effort to protect our rights. Though nothing is guaranteed in Illinois politics, being in subcommittee bodes well for us.

But, despite the progress we've made, the threat has not ended. Anti-gun forces are doubling down with HB438 Use/Occ Tax - Ammunition. The name may have changed but the intent is the same - prevent gun owners, prevent you from getting the ammunition you need to not only train, but to fully enjoy the right that is yours, a right that was given you as a birth right, not as a gift from a political system based in the most corrupt city in the nation.

Joining in this disrespect is Representative Willis' perennial attempt to thumb her prodigious nose at the Supreme Court, HB552 Safe Gun Storage, and HB602 Firearm Owners ID – Fees, seeking to pass on the cost of an archaic and unnecessary FOID system that is more a part of the problem than the solution.

In stark contrast HB316 Use/Occ Tax – Gun Safes takes a different, more appropriate approach to safety. By reducing the sales tax on gun safes and locks, Representative Mason proposes to allow gun owners as a matter of free will, to more easily store their firearm in a manner many believe is appropriate to those guns that are not needed within arm's reach.

Please join us once again in filing witness slips to protect and advance our rights in Illinois.

On the Federal scene, Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi plans to call two anti-gun bills for a vote in the House next week. Please contact your US Representatives, asking them to oppose H.R. 8 - Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021 and and H.R. 1446 – Enhanced Background Checks Act of 2021.

File Witness Slips Now!

Detailed Witness Slip Instructions

Log On to the ILGA Dashboard

In order to avoid completing each field manually, at the top right Log on to your ILGA Dashboard or Create a New Account if you haven't already created one, then return to this email and click on the links for each witness slip.

HB438 Use/Occ Tax - Ammunition

OPPONENT!

Read More About This Bill

File an OPPONENT Witness Slip

Track the Witness Slip

HB552 Safe Gun Storage

OPPONENT!

Track the Witness Slip

HB602 Firearm Owners ID - Fees

OPPONENT!

Track the Witness Slip

HB316 Use/Occ Tax - Gun Safes

PROPONENT!

File an PROPONENT Witness Slip

Track the Witness Slip

As the new, 102nd General Assembly moves forward, remember to follow us on the IllinoisCarry Forum, on Facebook, Twitter, and now on MeWe for the latest news and updates!

###

Done X 2, info sent out to the rest of my family. Reference HB316 can anyone explain why we would support an additional 1% tax on gun safes?

It's not an additional 1%, it's 1% instead of the current 6.25%.

Ahhh, OK. thanks for clearing that up for me. I did noticed that Jeff Evilsizer marked Opponent with us on the first 3 Witness Slips but marked Opponent instead of Proponent on the last slip. please be careful when marking your slips. If anyone knows him, maybe reach out and have him amend the slip for HB316. I suppose it's a possiblity that he may not agree on HB316.

Done X 2, info sent out to the rest of my family. Reference HB316 can anyone explain why we would support an additional 1% tax on gun safes?

It's not an additional 1%, it's 1% instead of the current 6.25%.

Would be nice if they could exempt them from local sales tax as well, some parts of Cook county will still be paying up to 6.25%

Not even food is exempted though, GA may not have the power to do it

I cannot file a witness slip as I am now back in my home state of IA. However we are seeing some of these same things bantered about by some of our far-left democrats. We actually had an IA democrat utter the words that "more gun control is needed because so many minorities are buying guns" which sounded like her pasty-white self was afraid of armed minorities. As one of my friends of cultural heritage said at an IA Walk-Away gathering, these efforts to tax a right or make exercising a right more expensive or difficult, disproportionately impact low income and minority individuals and households. One of our BLM leaders commented last summer that efforts to disarm them or impose excessive firearms restrictions were racist in nature (I think the leader of the Black Panthers made a similar argument many decades ago). I would hope that someone brings up the cost of subsidizing the rights of low income households when these types of initiatives make the ability to exercise a right cost prohibitive. JMHO.

I cannot file a witness slip as I am now back in my home state of IA.

Why is that? What is stopping you? If you think because now in IA read this post and the few responses after, then decide.

https://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77319&do=findComment&comment=1305375

They seem to geo-locate your IP address and block it. When I was working in Kansas City and still an IL resident I had to wait until I was back at my house in IL to login and do witness slips. The same with the cyberdrive site for license renewals.

Archived