Adam Kinzinger, 16th CD

Felixd

This is likely well known, but I received an email from the Congressman this morning outlining his stance on Federal gun laws. This confirms my suspicion of him as someone who has been drinking from the Potomac river too long. The email is filled with hyperbole touting himself as a protector of the 2nd Amendment and a gun owner, but then details his decision to support red flags laws, magazine capacity laws, and universal background checks. He states in the message that these are necessary to curb gun violence . I guess hes never visited Chicago. There are other strange ideas he supports as well, but those are the standouts. In his district a number of constituents have started calling him Adam Quislinger for his drift to the left.

I apologize for my late awakening to Quislingers positions. But, I think there are many in the district who are also unaware. Hopefully this starts to draw needed attention to a need for a change in my district. I assume this is a boilerplate email, but Id gladly upload a copy if anyone is interested.

Dinginger was mentioned by name from Trump during his speech last Sunday at CPAC. Have not looked at who he is running against but still would hate to lose another R in the House.

I hear ya but when the Ds have power and the R supports and votes as a D it isn't really a huge loss.

In Illinois, the R only gets to vote as a D for as long as it takes a D to run against him/her in the next election cycle.

Liberal Ds never vote for the RINO when they can vote for the real D, and by then the RINO has lost their voting base too.

This is called Nybo's law. Or is it Breens's Dilemma?

This is likely well known, but I received an email from the Congressman this morning outlining his stance on Federal gun laws. This confirms my suspicion of him as someone who has been drinking from the Potomac river too long. The email is filled with hyperbole touting himself as a protector of the 2nd Amendment and a gun owner, but then details his decision to support red flags laws, magazine capacity laws, and universal background checks. He states in the message that these are necessary to curb gun violence . I guess hes never visited Chicago. There are other strange ideas he supports as well, but those are the standouts. In his district a number of constituents have started calling him Adam Quislinger for his drift to the left.

I apologize for my late awakening to Quislingers positions. But, I think there are many in the district who are also unaware. Hopefully this starts to draw needed attention to a need for a change in my district. I assume this is a boilerplate email, but Id gladly upload a copy if anyone is interested.

Can you post the text of the email?

This is likely well known, but I received an email from the Congressman this morning outlining his stance on Federal gun laws. This confirms my suspicion of him as someone who has been drinking from the Potomac river too long. The email is filled with hyperbole touting himself as a protector of the 2nd Amendment and a gun owner, but then details his decision to support red flags laws, magazine capacity laws, and universal background checks. He states in the message that these are necessary to curb gun violence . I guess he's never visited Chicago. There are other strange ideas he supports as well, but those are the standouts. In his district a number of constituents have started calling him Adam Quislinger for his drift to the left.

Be happy to.

March 3, 2021

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about legislative proposals to regulate access to firearms. By hearing your thoughts and concerns on the issues, I am better able to represent you in the U.S. House of Representatives.

As a gun owner myself and your representative in Congress, I do not support legislation or regulations that would infringe on a law-abiding citizen's constitutional right to own a firearm. I strongly support an individual's rights to hunt, shoot for sport, and defend themselves or their property. I swore an oath to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, including the Second Amendment. I have not, and would not, vote to curb a law-abiding citizen's constitutional rights. With that said, we must address the gun violence epidemic in this country. In doing so, we will need to change some laws and change some hearts.

To address this issue on a national scale, I support the following:

· Providing robust resources and tools necessary for programs that combat mental health issues.

· States adopting 'red flag laws' that would place protective orders on those with mental issues, ensuring they cannot be a harm to themselves or others.

· Universal background checks for all gun purchases.

· Raising the purchasing age for assault rifles from 18 to 21, which is the current federal law for purchasing handguns.

· Banning high capacity ammunition magazines.

· A continued ban on bump stock devices which allow guns to work like machineguns.

To be clear, what I am calling for is a common-sense approach to ending the gun violence epidemic without infringing on the Second Amendment. I am a proud owner of an AR-15 and I am a strong advocate for concealed carry. I learned firsthand in 2006 during an encounter in Milwaukee that being able to protect oneself is critical. My ability to carry a firearm doesn't just keep me safe, it gives innocent people near me a layer of protection.

I sincerely appreciate your perspective on the Second Amendment as it is a cornerstone of our Constitution and a freedom that is precious to our nation. Please be assured that as Congress moves forward with this discussion, I will keep your views in mind.

Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to represent you in the U.S. House of Representatives. Please do not hesitate to contact me if my office can be of assistance to you on any issue of importance.

Sincerely,

Adam Kinzinger

Member of Congress

To be clear, what I am calling for is a common-sense approach to ending the gun violence epidemic without infringing on the Second Amendment.

Fixed it for him.

Mag capacity, background check will NOT curb gun violence in say Chicago.

Those wrecking havoc on this issue don’t have background checks. They also don’t follow any based mag limits.

10 is 10

15 is 15

20 is 20

And if they want to carry multiple mags, what then.

Mag limit laws!

You would think someone with such a military career would know what an "assault rifle" is. And is not.

I'm sure he knows the difference, what he's counting on is the voting public not knowing the difference.

Like most of his ilk, laws for thee and not for me is the credo.

I will cheerfully vote against this RINO next chance I get, and I am in the district he pretends to represent.

You would think someone with such a military career would know what an "assault rifle" is. And is not.

KInzinger is Air Force/Nat'l guard. The only 'zoomies' that get within 100 yards of any sort of firearm are Jolly Greens, OSI and mud pups. He's a fast mover, so his 'guns' are on the wings and he never loads them, nor does he care for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if his entire exposure to actual guns is seeing them on a TV show. And despite what his email says, any expertise or 'knowledge' is from reading Every Town for (no) Gun Safety pamphlets.

KInzinger is Air Force/Nat'l guard. The only 'zoomies' that get within 100 yards of any sort of firearm are Jolly Greens, OSI and mud pups. He's a fast mover, so his 'guns' are on the wings and he never loads them, nor does he care for them.

I wouldn't be surprised if his entire exposure to actual guns is seeing them on a TV show. And despite what his email says, any expertise or 'knowledge' is from reading Every Town for (no) Gun Safety pamphlets.

I worked with a few navy guys, they said trained with ‘simulators’ in boot camp. They said unless your job requires you to carry a weapon you might not touch one your whole time in service. They never dealt with rifles, only hand guns.

I am not a fan of Adam in any way. I’ll be happy when he’s out of congress. His email and his stance on gun control is is complete BS.

I’ve got to ask you though, what in the heck are you talking about? Every combat aircrew has to be qualified with and carry at least a side arm, usually an M9. Most also have to qualify with the GAU5 (M4) and depending on the aircraft also carry that GAU5.

Adam been around guns so he knows better, which makes his position even worse. No need to talk that ignorant sh*t about the USAF just because Adam’s a DB.

This is likely well known, but I received an email from the Congressman this morning outlining his stance on Federal gun laws. This confirms my suspicion of him as someone who has been drinking from the Potomac river too long. The email is filled with hyperbole touting himself as a protector of the 2nd Amendment and a gun owner, but then details his decision to support red flags laws, magazine capacity laws, and universal background checks. He states in the message that these are necessary to curb gun violence . I guess he's never visited Chicago. There are other strange ideas he supports as well, but those are the standouts. In his district a number of constituents have started calling him Adam Quislinger for his drift to the left.

Be happy to.

March 3, 2021

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns about legislative proposals to regulate access to firearms. By hearing your thoughts and concerns on the issues, I am better able to represent you in the U.S. House of Representatives.

As a gun owner myself and your representative in Congress, I do not support legislation or regulations that would infringe on a law-abiding citizen's constitutional right to own a firearm. I strongly support an individual's rights to hunt, shoot for sport, and defend themselves or their property. I swore an oath to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, including the Second Amendment. I have not, and would not, vote to curb a law-abiding citizen's constitutional rights. With that said, we must address the gun violence epidemic in this country. In doing so, we will need to change some laws and change some hearts.

To address this issue on a national scale, I support the following:· Providing robust resources and tools necessary for programs that combat mental health issues.· States adopting 'red flag laws' that would place protective orders on those with mental issues, ensuring they cannot be a harm to themselves or others.· Universal background checks for all gun purchases.· Raising the purchasing age for assault rifles from 18 to 21, which is the current federal law for purchasing handguns.· Banning high capacity ammunition magazines.· A continued ban on bump stock devices which allow guns to work like machineguns.

To be clear, what I am calling for is a common-sense approach to ending the gun violence epidemic without infringing on the Second Amendment. I am a proud owner of an AR-15 and I am a strong advocate for concealed carry. I learned firsthand in 2006 during an encounter in Milwaukee that being able to protect oneself is critical. My ability to carry a firearm doesn't just keep me safe, it gives innocent people near me a layer of protection.

I sincerely appreciate your perspective on the Second Amendment as it is a cornerstone of our Constitution and a freedom that is precious to our nation. Please be assured that as Congress moves forward with this discussion, I will keep your views in mind.

Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to represent you in the U.S. House of Representatives. Please do not hesitate to contact me if my office can be of assistance to you on any issue of importance.

Sincerely,

Adam Kinzinger

Thank you sir! He’s 100% RINO.

We often slam democrats who always vote in lock step with the party platform no mater what. Kinzinger may not be perfect, but as far as I know he is solid 2A. The highest population center of his district is Rockford which is solidly D. I am not saying this plays into his strategy for re-election, but it may.

We often slam democrats who always vote in lock step with the party platform no mater what. Kinzinger may not be perfect, but as far as I know he is solid 2A. The highest population center of his district is Rockford which is solidly D. I am not saying this plays into his strategy for re-election, but it may.

Supporting:

“- States adopting 'red flag laws' that would place protective orders on those with mental issues, ensuring they cannot be a harm to themselves or others.

- Universal background checks for all gun purchases.

- Raising the purchasing age for assault rifles from 18 to 21, which is the current federal law for purchasing handguns.

- Banning high capacity ammunition magazines.

- A continued ban on bump stock devices which allow guns to work like machineguns.”

is not solid 2A

That's gonna be a hard no. Solid 2a wouldn't be on the red flag law band wagon or push for MORE bgc's.

It is a strategy for losing the seat to the democrats.

I am not a fan of Adam in any way. I’ll be happy when he’s out of congress. His email and his stance on gun control is is complete BS.

I’ve got to ask you though, what in the heck are you talking about? Every combat aircrew has to be qualified with and carry at least a side arm, usually an M9. Most also have to qualify with the GAU5 (M4) and depending on the aircraft also carry that GAU5.

Adam been around guns so he knows better, which makes his position even worse. No need to talk that ignorant sh*t about the USAF just because Adam’s a DB.

Oh, never any discouraging words about the AF, I was an AF brat. (Dad was E-8 OSI at retirement). From my training with, and partying with AF, the general consensus was that fast movers never touched anything shootable smaller than a Warthog after Academy. The Jolly Greens I trained with swore up and down that they wished pistols would be surgically attached to the pilots. About the only pilots that did keep anything on board were the BUFF pushers, for some reason. Different command, perhaps? Different attitude?

Too much beer got shared under the bohio to think it was BS at the Saturday night B-Sessions.

Back to topic.....Since AK isn't my personal problem any longer, my opinion is just that, an opinion.

FWIW, my opinion is that IL could do a dang site better.

Actually, IL NEEDS to do a dang site better than this "I respect the 2A, BUT..." speaking RINO that wants acceptance by CNN more than the people of his district.

I worked with a few navy guys, they said trained with ‘simulators’ in boot camp. They said unless your job requires you to carry a weapon you might not touch one your whole time in service. They never dealt with rifles, only hand guns.

Back in the late 60's, (my days in Navy Boot Camp), we shot a .22 rifle and a .45 semi, (I think one round :-)> ). I got a lot more experience aboard my aircraft carriers as a Hospital Corpsman. Corpsmen got along well with the Marine Detachment, and went shooting with them off the fantail with M-16's. Good times ...

Archived