Number of issued FOID + CCL cards

InterestedBystander

Maybe not the best forum for posting, but:

From this weeks ISRA bulletin

https://archive.aweber.com/awlist4894361/MJA.B/h/ISRA_Thursday_Bulletin_.htm

Executive Directors Message

Richard Pearson

The Illinois State Police has reported the number of Illinois Concealed Carry Licenses has surpassed 378,000. The original goal was to reach 300,000 and we have well exceeded that number. It is possible we will reach 400,000 ICCLS in 2021.

The number of FOID cards is 2.24 million at the moment. That number is down a little but there are 150,000 new applicants who are not in that number because they are still waiting for their FOID cards. I suspect that the real number will be up if the ISP ever gets caught up on issuing the cards.

One would think that more than 2 out of ever 10 (20%) of FOID card holders would be interested in a CCL.

I’ve had several friends tell me that the restrictions on where and when they could carry has made them decide to not get a license.

I’ve converted a few but it’s a hard sell to explain the 23 restrictions they face and actually how it works.

Maybe the ISRA and us here need to get the message out in a better fashion?

I’ve had several friends tell me that the restrictions on where and when they could carry has made them decide to not get a license.

If someone spends all their time at schools, government buildings (including libraries and court houses), public transportation, and city parks/playgrounds, trying to carry a loaded weapon means it spends more time in their car than on them. Plus a lot of employers disallow carry by employees. Carrying an unloaded weapon requires only a FOID.

If someone spends all their time at schools, government buildings (including libraries and court houses), public transportation, and city parks/playgrounds, trying to carry a loaded weapon means it spends more time in their car than on them. Plus a lot of employers disallow carry by employees. Carrying an unloaded weapon requires only a FOID.

Carrying an unloaded weapon Concealed on your person still requires an ILCC.

So you haven't heard of FOID carry? It's a thing. It's how carry was done legally before the FCCA.

not if it’s concealed in a paper bag, zipped bag, closed case, backpack, etc…

I get the restrictions

But in having all the planets aligned up just right is not what is happening to most

Plus think about this, they have days off, weekends, vacations etc

They might think about carrying during those times

I get it they might see it as a waste, but in the long run it’s really not

IMHO

Not to mention, more holders means more people motivated to fight the restrictions

Archived