Looks like a retaliatory primarying

Kaeghl

I read a blurb on a site (townhall) that the IL Rino, Kinzinger, is going to face a primary opponent this time around.

Catalina Lauf posted an ad announcing her run against the "fake republican" Adam Kinzinger, pointing out that he voted with Pelosi 1 out of every 3 votes he's cast. That, and voting with the insurgent hoax impeachment, seems to the be cause for his being in the target zone.

Votes have consequences, Adam. Someone should have told you that during all those MSNBC appearances you rack up.

Myself, I have no dog in that race, but I'll be watching to see what happens.

Some of you have the chance to get rid of a RINO, folks....give it your best shot.

I think if the challengers platform is she would never vote with Pelosi... she is unqualified for office. I would like to think that once any elected official begins to work for us, party affiliation should be just about the last thing our representative considers for the rest of his or her political career.

We need to eliminate party power.

I think if the challengers platform is she would never vote with Pelosi... she is unqualified for office. I would like to think that once any elected official begins to work for us, party affiliation should be just about the last thing our representative considers for the rest of his or her political career.

Well, that's kind of a strange comment coming from you who boasts about your Democratic support. Did you forget that the Democrats have had a stranglehold on Illinois for decades? Which is pretty much why the state is virtually bankrupt from all of the corruption.

If you truly meant that, you'd be voting for anything other than Democratic, right?

Seems what you really mean is eliminate all other party power.

Well, that's kind of a strange comment coming from you who boasts about your Democratic support. Did you forget that the Democrats have had a stranglehold on Illinois for decades? Which is pretty much why the state is virtually bankrupt from all of the corruption.

If you truly meant that, you'd be voting for anything other than Democratic, right?

Not that it matters much, and although I put myself on the liberal side of things, I do vote for non democrats quite frequently. Especially for important state elections. I have my own hierarchy of issues that are more or less important than other issues. We all do. No party can encompass the totality any of our ideologies. I believe if anyone is elected to any office, the job is to do the job well, not to support any party nor its ideology.

Closing with a silly thought... should Rep Kinzinger be elected as our next President, we could proudly refer to him as AK47!

Not that it matters much, and although I put myself on the liberal side of things, I do vote for non democrats quite frequently. Especially for important state elections. I have my own hierarchy of issues that are more or less important than other issues. We all do. No party can encompass the totality any of our ideologies. I believe if anyone is elected to any office, the job is to do the job well, not to support any party nor its ideology.

Closing with a silly thought... should Rep Kinzinger be elected as our next President, we could proudly refer to him as AK47!

The problem in Illinois is, if you want to remain in office, you must hold the party line if you expect to see any party election support, and hope to not see them install a a shill at the next cycle. I don't have to tell you how the Democratic party has worked under the leadership of Madigan. Therein lays the problem. Had Kinzinger been a Democrat with his independent ways, he would have been targeted and gone long ago.

So, who might be a viable candidate for the office?

Please, don't say the constant Oberlin.....someone viable that could kick Kinzinger out of the race and then win.

Just looking at the available ads so far, it looks like Lauf so far. Mr. Lombardi's intro ad looks too 'down-homey, good ol' boy amateurish' to be considered relevant right now.

And remember, play nice......

JMHO

There is another challenger for Kinzinger.

Jack Lombardi is running against him also. I really don't know much about him. I guess time will tell.

Be leery of the state GOP inserting another challenger into the mix to split the opposition vote. That's an Illinois tradition, one Madigan used over and over again.

There is another challenger for Kinzinger.Jack Lombardi is running against him also. I really don't know much about him. I guess time will tell.

Be leery of the state GOP inserting another challenger into the mix to split the opposition vote. That's an Illinois tradition, one Madigan used over and over again.

Exactly this !

The more challengers enter the race the better his chances or re-election are. And I find it highly amusing that people now don't like him because he stood up to Trump. Like standing up to that goof makes you less republican. What happened to actually having conservative principles?

You are sadly naive. The party system, originally called “factions” by our Founding Fathers, has been with us since the very beginning of this Republic. It was a surprising oversight that the Constitution never addressed the issue in any way. Unlike nations with a parliamentary system where there are a multitude of political parties, our system has evolved into the current two party structure. And in case you haven’t noticed, on almost every issue EVERY single Democrat in the House supports whatever Pelosi tell them to support. And the Senate is not much different which is how with an even split between the Democrat caucus and the Republicans, the Democrats have no doubt that they can count on EVERY Democrat and the two independents to vote together on virtually EVERY issue.

Kitzinger had a lot going for him, and I have voted for him in the past. But his opportunism in seeking the blessing of the media and the Left in supporting the nonsense of the Trump impeachment means that I will NEVER vote for him again unless he is the only choice other than a Democrat. I would never vote for any Democrat, since doing so is a direct vote for Biden, Schumer and Pelosi no matter what lies they tell you on the campaign trail. I will support any halfway reasonable Republican against Kitzinger, and right now that means supporting this young lady.

And I find it highly amusing that people now don't like him because he stood up to Trump. Like standing up to that goof makes you less republican. What happened to actually having conservative principles?

I think the cat was out of the bag a long time ago. Like when he started working for CNN and MSNBC. Maybe he's just trying to pay his bills? I wonder what he gets for unemployment?

There is another challenger for Kinzinger.

Jack Lombardi is running against him also. I really don't know much about him. I guess time will tell.

Video campaign - Jack Lombardi for Congress

https://lombardiforcongress.com/

Lombardi had a meltdown on twitter this past week. He really embarrassed himself because some activist didn't give him the attention he desired. He deleted the worst of it, but his entire timeline reminds me of an ex girlfriend I had in high school. https://twitter.com/JackLombardi

Right on. I don't know why any one would for any Democrat in the state of Ill. Unless your one of those that has have the government take care of you, because you can't do it yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And last night, I received a robo-call from kinzinger's campaign. It was his recorded voice telling me how good he's doing for IL, and yada yada, yada.

This call on the same day I received an election poster/ad telling me how great this and that people are and how I should vote for them in this upcoming election,( all for Harlem Township in Winn. county).

I moved to Georgia last year. It can't cost that much to at least look at the address and cleanse the lists for out of state 'leads'.

Just another example of the general incompetence of politics and political organizations in IL.

• 2 months later...

Here's a chuckle. I just got a text from "Katie", who is texting me as a happy joyful campaign worker for Kinzinger, who is 'working hard for me in D.C.

Apparently she wants me to support his campaign in IL for winning the primary challenge he's facing so he can continue "Working hard for me in D.C."

I explained in a return text the I have left IL, and were we still in Ill-annoyed, we'd be campaigning heavily for Lauf. Kinzie-boy lost all credibility for us with his votes on HR8 and the impeachment scam vote. I invited her to learn about her candidate, and get out quickly, lest she be tainted by association with a loser RINO.

I know, no one reads replies, but it was entertaining to type back and smile as i hit 'send'.

Archived