Moving out of IL

SDF678

There is no need for me to remain a resident of this state. Almost all my relatives live in southern Indiana. My plan is to move to either southern Indiana or northern Kentucky. The sooner the better.

So how does this work? When is a FOID and CCL no longer valid? My assumption is when I have a valid driver's license from the other state.

I do plan to apply for a non resident IL CCL. Do I have to wait till I have an IN or KY resident CCL before I apply here in IL?

IL only gives non resident permits to those states that have similar background and training requirements.

Once you get your new state permit you can transport concealed and loaded in IL.

But. You cannot exit the vehicle that way unless on private property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

when you register for your IN or KT drivers license, you may likely receive a letter saying your FOID and CCL have been revoked. If you want a non resident permit, you would have to apply for a non resident permit, and pay the $300 fee, but currently only residents of Arkansas, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, Texas and Virginia can receive non resident permits.

Rtw5150, really? Well, that sucks. Wonder what the reasoning is behind that?

https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Faq.aspx

6. Out of State Residents
Can out-of-state residents obtain an Illinois Concealed Carry License?
Yes. However, only residents of states or territories of the United States with laws related to firearm ownership, possession, and carrying that are substantially similar to the requirements to obtain a license under the Firearm Concealed Carry Act are eligible.
How can I find out if my state's laws are considered "substantially similar?"
The Illinois State Police sent a survey to each state to determine which states have laws that are substantially similar. Currently, the only states considered to be substantially similar are Arkansas, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, Texas and Virginia. Click here to view the CCL Substantially Similar Survey
What does "substantially similar" mean?
"Substantially Similar" means the comparable state regulates who may carry firearms, concealed or otherwise, in public; prohibits all who have involuntary mental health admissions, and those with voluntary admissions within the past 5 years, from carrying firearms, concealed or otherwise, in public; reports denied persons to NICS; and participates in reporting persons authorized to carry firearms, concealed or otherwise, in public through Nlets.
What if I moved out of state? What should I do with my CCL?
Simply mail it back to the Firearms Services Bureau at 801 S. 7th Street, Suite 400M, Springfield Illinois 62703. Include a note that you have moved out of state and are surrendering your CCL. If you are moving to a substantially similar state and wish to have an Illinois CCL, you will have to re-apply following that process.

As far as Illinoys cancelling/revoking your ccl/foid it will depend on if the state you move to notifies Illinoys of them issuing a D.L. to you

My foid card is still valid and so is my D.L. from Illinoy even though I moved to AZ. going on almost 4 years

The people that bought our old house in Illinoy forwarded my renewal form for my CCL about a year or so after we moved but I wasnt about to try that

Oh and congratulations on your move !

We moved to Missouri June 1, 2020. According to Missouri statute, we had 30 days to get a drivers license, registration, and registered to vote. After we did all that, I gathered up my Illinois FOID card, my wife’s FOID card, and my CCL card, composed a notification letter to the Illinois State Police Firearms Services Bureau, informing them of our relocation to Missouri, attached the cards to the letter, signed, dated, made copies of the letter, and mailed it off to Springfield, by certified mail, meaning they had to sign for it, and I got the card back stating date and time they signed, signifying they received it. Never heard a peep back from them. Just last week, I went to the portal to check on my status, it still shows both FOID and CCL active, and the COVID notification concerning renewal. I then drafted a letter, detailing our move and when, a copy of the letter when I returned the cards, and a copy of the card they had to sign when I returned the cards. I am holding this letter in reserve, in the event something happens, a law changes, Democrats go rogue, or whatever, ISPFSB has been in possession of my Illinois cards, and THEY are responsible. I also noted that my attorney has been notified in the event of some legal action against me, that the State of Illinois will be sued. I seriously doubt anything of that nature happens, but I’m ready if it does. I trust Pritzker and Biden as far as I can throw them, as the saying goes. Democrats won’t be happy until all of our 2nd Amendment rights are gone, and then, they will take something else away.

I moved from IL to IA in 2017. Jesse White was kind enough to forward my IL license renewal and my vehicle registration renewals to my IA address. Someone told me that if you keep your I-Pass account that there is a bug in the system and they forward your renewals.

We have started to look at moving to Ia. Need to stay close to Savanna though. How are things there?

I moved from IL to IA in 2017. Jesse White was kind enough to forward my IL license renewal and my vehicle registration renewals to my IA address. Someone told me that if you keep your I-Pass account that there is a bug in the system and they forward your renewals.

We have started to look at moving to Ia. Need to stay close to Savanna though. How are things there?

I grew up in central IA, moved from there to Genoa IL in 2001. We have a governor who is trying to do a good job and keep taxes and the budget under control. The legislature has a pretty even balance of right wing and left wing whacko's in it, with a good proportion of reasonable people in the middle. The area on the Iowa side of the river by Savannah is a nice area.

Sorta OT, but what are some nice neighborhoods in southern IN?

Inquiring minds want to know.

They say Carmel is the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Carmel:

Nice, and just north of Indy.

Have also heard good things about Carmel but is Carmel and Indy really considered southern IN? Not that it would be a top choice but I think of Evansville as Southern IN.

Is it Like Chicago is North and the rest of state is Southern to Chicagoans but to downstaters theres a North Central and South?

• 2 months later...

Archived