Chicago Area Gun stores

ScottFM

So who is about the best stocked these days?

I was out an Marengo and it is ok, but a shell of its former glory. I've heard Gat Guns is really low on stock, I have not been there in a while. I am in the market for a revolver and was wondering before I just start randomly start looking if there was a good place to start that has decent stock.

I haven't been there lately but someone told me Eagle Range in Oak Forest has a lot of inventory.

Assuming their inventory is all online, the only thing they have for a revolver right now is a Ruger 44 special.

Thinking longer term, I have to wonder if manufacturers will be able to make things before they're federally banned ...

Was at Gat two weeks ago and the show cases were majorly empty. Plenty of AR style guns on the wall though. Ammo shelves empty as well except for shot shells and ridiculously priced PNC .223 at $19.95 box of 20. Paid $6.00 for that stuff last time I bought it. Anyhow scheduled for Maxon Tuesday so we’ll see how they’re doing.

I just got 1K of .223 from one of my distributors and I am paying more than $6 for it. As far as shops having all their inventory online, I doubt it. When I get certain firearms in, for example, the Sig M18 and the Ruger 9mm PC Charger Pistol I put them aside for my best customers. I bet all the brick and mortar shops are doing the same.

I just got 1K of .223 from one of my distributors and I am paying more than $6 for it. As far as shops having all their inventory online, I doubt it. When I get certain firearms in, for example, the Sig M18 and the Ruger 9mm PC Charger Pistol I put them aside for my best customers. I bet all the brick and mortar shops are doing the same.

i have an m18 on reserve for $463. just 2 weeks into the 8 week wait now

That is cheaper than distributor pricing, lower than MAP Pricing, and I waited about 4 weeks to get mine. Might not get another for a year or so...

It’s on the instructor price list.

Awesome.

• 7 months later...

Eagle Sports in Oak Forest has a very big selection of guns in store. .the website does not show all.

Ammo is behind the counter and priced on the higher side.. As for service very pushy when looking at guns and i was looking at

3 brands and wanted to see each on there own and i was told by the sales person i only can see two and i dont have time to waist

with a newbie.  I walked out and wont be back 

Eagle always has inventory it's just a question of what you want and how much you're willing to pay for it. I bought my last two guns from there because they had them in stock when nobody else did and they were actually about on par with online (when in stock) pricing before tax. I've also seen them be over priced on regular stuff like Sig, S&W, and Glock compared to online pricing. 

As far as the clientele, it can be hit or miss which crowd you get but usually looks like one of two groups of people that are most likely going to shoot themselves in the leg/junk/butt or shoot someone else in the leg/junk/butt or head because they can't stop playing with themselves/their clothes/holster/whatever OR they don't understand "don't handle loaded firearms outside the booth" or "don't load your firearms behind the firing line". 

The staff is hard pressed to pay attention to me for some reason. It took a ridiculous amount of effort to make my last two purchases there. 

• 8 months later...
On 5/18/2022 at 6:39 AM, CamaroSSNut said:

Freddy bear in tinley

Yes, it's nice that their stock is back to normal lately.  I don't know if that's due to manufacturers and distributors catching up, or demand going down.  Kee Firearms in New Lenox is a little out of the way, but stocked to the gills with everything you could imagine, from ARs, to Glocks to high end 1911's.

On 5/18/2022 at 7:48 AM, 2A4Cook said:

Yes, it's nice that their stock is back to normal lately.  I don't know if that's due to manufacturers and distributors catching up, or demand going down.  Kee Firearms in New Lenox is a little out of the way, but stocked to the gills with everything you could imagine, from ARs, to Glocks to high end 1911's.

Kee is just another shop that price gouges and has rude employees. They have higher prices in store than they have listed online.

On 5/19/2022 at 10:17 AM, BennyDR said:

Kee is just another shop that price gouges and has rude employees. They have higher prices in store than they have listed online.

We all have our own opinions and experiences.  All I can say is that I know firearm prices, and they gave me one heck of a deal on an Ed Brown Kobra Carry.

On 5/19/2022 at 10:17 AM, BennyDR said:

It's the American Dream in full force.

Jewel, Tony's, Walmart, Meijer's prices higher in store than online.....check.

Has rude employees.....check.

Is price gouging the public everyday.....check.

It's not a unique to firearms issue.  

Archived