Why middle-class America is arming up

Euler

Please keep the Illinois Carry Code Of Conduct in mind.

3. Personal attacks and “flaming” other members is forbidden. This includes disrespect, antagonism, baiting, name-calling and a host of other demeaning attributes. Spirited debate is encouraged and can occur without name-calling or slander. We acknowledge that disagreements are common among groups of diverse people who value individual rights, but ask that interactions remain civil. If you decide to engage in uncivil communication, pursue such matters off the board.

Illinois Carry members cover the entire political and ideological spectrum. All are welcome here. Many members hold some very strongly held beliefs that are the polar opposite of other members. Posting a non-Second Amendment topic whose only purpose is to stir controversy and discord can reasonably be assumed to fall under the category of "baiting" and will not be tolerated.

Mauserme and Lou, do you consider all new gun owners equal?

I do not want anyone with a leftist attitude to have a firearm.

Political ideology should not affect your constitutional rights. That is a major reason I think it’s so wrong that some social media sites muzzle speech they don’t like.

For the last 5 years of the Obama regime I went to every left wing meeting, get together, rally etc. I could possibly go to. Heard invited speakers and listened to attendees before and afterwards. Let me assure you. They are using their Constitutional Rights to do everything to stifle your rights. These are not good people with different ideas. It would be interesting to talk face to face as my impression is that you guys are hopelessly, dangerously naive to the threat we face.

There is a question on the 4473. You are asked if you have ever renounced your citizenship. Maybe this website should use that as a standard rather than just any tom dick or harry that gets a hold of a gun is ok in our book.

And yet you left up, the inflammatory, unsubstantiated post containing "Because there is a clear threat from the right". above?

Unsubstantiated? I believe he may be posting from a point of view to the left of yours, expressing an opinion from that side of things that you aren't capable of expressing.

Has it occurred to you that people of all political persuasion feel threatened right now? That the fear many feel is being used to further divide us? Please stop falling into that trap.

For the last 5 years of the Obama regime I went to every left wing meeting, get together, rally etc. I could possibly go to. Heard invited speakers and listened to attendees before and afterwards. Let me assure you. They are using their Constitutional Rights to do everything to stifle your rights. These are not good people with different ideas. It would be interesting to talk face to face as my impression is that you guys are hopelessly, dangerously naive to the threat we face.

There is a question on the 4473. You are asked if you have ever renounced your citizenship. Maybe this website should use that as a standard rather than just any tom dick or harry that gets a hold of a gun is ok in our book.

We do have a Code of Conduct. Inquiring about one's citizenship is not part of it. Staying on topic is.

The topic of this thread is why people are buying guns, not your personal difficulties with people who differ in their opinions from you.

Thanks for your opinion.

<<< Look over to your left and note the date that I joined here and how long I’ve been fighting for our rights.

I guarantee you that I am not naive and have spent many years dealing the evils that we face. I’m realistic.

And yet you left up, the inflammatory, unsubstantiated post containing "Because there is a clear threat from the right". above?

Unsubstantiated? I believe he may be posting from a point of view to the left of yours, expressing an opinion from that side of things that you aren't capable of expressing.

Has it occurred to you that people of all political persuasion feel threatened right now? That the fear many feel is being used to further divide us? Please stop falling into that trap.

Excuse me. I'm sorry what he posted is an accusation. It's a divisive statement. It labels half of the US as a threat, period. I feel threatened by his statement. I am frankly mystified by your response. The post of mine, deleted, expressed an opinion from MY side of things. Apparently HIS opinion from his side of things is more valid, in your estimation, because you deleted mine, and not his. THAT is bias. His accusation stays, and my post gets deleted. I'll be flat out blunt, you are being extremely biased here.

And YES, it is UNSUBATANTIATED. Please either you or he provide one bit of evidence that the ENTIRE political right is a threat to people, the country everything. That is what he said

Fine, the entire left is a clear and present threat to freedom, democracy, decency, safety and civility, as well as peace. Their that is MY belief. Is it less valid?

<<< Look over to your left and note the date that I joined here and how long I’ve been fighting for our rights.

I guarantee you that I am not naive and have spent many years dealing the evils that we face. I’m realistic.

OK, look there again, I have been here a little longer, I remember it used to give your member number there also and I was #8 so I have been here a while also. Not only was I at the first IGOLD but I also attended before that when it was ISRA Lobby Day. You could probably say I am not doing much now since I moved out of that ****hole of a state. 2A rights were not the only reason but a big part of it, wife was ready to go also. Only had to move 15 miles so not that far so I am still on the Board of Directors of Guns Save Life even though I live in Indiana.
I have been watching the democrats AKA the left do everything they could do to take away our rights and I mean some underhanded ****. This while making the state less safe with the sancturary cities and now the state a sancturary state. Anyone here that is somewhat new should also remember the only reason Illinois has CCW is they were ordered buy the federal courts. Even then Chicago democrats still fought against it and the governor Quin another democrat waited till the last day to veto it as a delaying tactic.
Then you have Illinois Carry a group dedicated to 2A rights with people here voting for the POS democrats dedicated to taking away our guns. Sorry to say there are the same type people across the state line at "Indiana Gun Owners" Biden voters with an attitude. They are like trolls that just want to argue and disrupt threads, again these are people I have no idea why they are there. At least the moderators there have recently cleaned house of some of the worst offenders and good riddance. Here over the years I have seen a couple real freedom fighters either banned, shut out or run off. So I am not buying this "we welcome everyone that has an interest in gun ownership. Jim.

With 66 posts in, I find it rich you attack the mods. And you sound like a tyrant? Restricting rights? Do you even believe in the constitution? Mods, if this is baiting, etc, please delete. But I am curious.

Excuse me. I'm sorry what he posted is an accusation. It's a divisive statement. It labels half of the US as a threat, period. I feel threatened by his statement. I am frankly mystified by your response. The post of mine, deleted, expressed an opinion from MY side of things. Apparently HIS opinion from his side of things is more valid, in your estimation, because you deleted mine, and not his. THAT is bias. His accusation stays, and my post gets deleted. I'll be flat out blunt, you are being extremely biased here.

And YES, it is UNSUBATANTIATED. Please either you or he provide one bit of evidence that the ENTIRE political right is a threat to people, the country everything. That is what he said

Fine, the entire left is a clear and present threat to freedom, democracy, decency, safety and civility, as well as peace. Their that is MY belief. Is it less valid?

Now see, I didn't even say the ENTIRE political right, just those who are swept up in conspiracy and use violence against those THEY feel are threats to them. They exist on the left too. I think you may have some soul searching to do because something upset you. Is there some guilt you feel or maybe a nerve was touched? If YOU are not engaging in the behavior of the far ends of both spectrums, why the hurt feelings then?

I have seen this many times before and not just on this site. Many gun owners claiming that if you don't vote a certain way or if you are not "all in" straight republican ticket, you somehow don't deserve to exercise your second amendment rights. And this coming from those who claim to be so called supporters of the constitution. Under the last president, many on the far right were ok with authoritarian leanings if it furthered their views. Again, they exist on the left as well. You cannot cherry pick which parts of the constitution you like and don't like. The fact that anyone would suggest others not be able to fully appreciate that ages old document blows your claims of conservatism and love of country out of the water. You can't be a hypocrite. But because I and many like me didn't vote Trump, although we have supported actual conservative candidates prior to nationally and locally, we are not deserving.

With 66 posts in, I find it rich you attack the mods. And you sound like a tyrant? Restricting rights? Do you even believe in the constitution? Mods, if this is baiting, etc, please delete. But I am curious.

This was addressed nearly a week ago. There's no need to rehash old business.

This was addressed nearly a week ago. There's no need to rehash old business.

I didn't look at the date. My apologies.

Now see, I didn't even say the ENTIRE political right, just those who are swept up in conspiracy and use violence against those THEY feel are threats to them. They exist on the left too. I think you may have some soul searching to do because something upset you. Is there some guilt you feel or maybe a nerve was touched? If YOU are not engaging in the behavior of the far ends of both spectrums, why the hurt feelings then?

You posted "Because there is a clear threat from the right". That does not delineate or qualify in any shape or form. It dopesn't say "some of the right" it says "the right".

My 'upset' comes because using language as you do, is divisive rhetoric, and part and parcel to the lack of discourse in this country. It vilifies, and in this case the entire right.

You posted "Because there is a clear threat from the right". That does not delineate or qualify in any shape or form. It dopesn't say "some of the right" it says "the right".

My 'upset' comes because using language as you do, is divisive rhetoric, and part and parcel to the lack of discourse in this country. It vilifies, and in this case the entire right.

No worries...our BOXCARS will be along shortly....

I like window seats!! Unfortunately.......

My intention wasn't to vilify law abiding citizens that are republican who pose no threat. It was to vilify those who are. My mistake was not making that clear. It is the same with the far left. Many have grouped everyone who didn't vote for Trump in with the "far left." I am far from far left and right as well as many folks I know. Politics isn't black and white.

Archived