Felon with FOID & CCL is also a CCL instructor

Euler

CWBChicago

The Illinois State Police accidentally approved a convicted felon for gun ownership and concealed carry licenses, prosecutors said Monday.

Chicago police armed with a search warrant raided Tracey Massey's home in Englewood at 2 a.m. Sunday, authorities said during a bond court hearing Monday. Officers reportedly found a loaded handgun in his family room. But cops really hit pay dirt in the 52-year-old's second-floor bedroom, according to prosecutors.

There, officers found a loaded 12-gauge shotgun, a loaded "AR-15 style" rifle, an unloaded rifle, an unloaded handgun, body armor, and a duffle bag containing more than eight pounds of marijuana, prosecutors said.

Chicago cops contacted the Illinois State Police after the raid and learned the agency mistakenly issued Massey a Firearm Owner's ID card and a concealed carry license.

A defense attorney told Judge John Lyke that Massey currently teaches concealed carry classes and works as an unarmed security guard. And, the attorney pointed out, the state gave Massey a license to possess the guns.

Massey appears to run a "Certified Conceal & Carry Class Chicago" Facebook page.

"Don't wait until something happens," says one post on the page from earlier this year. "YOU are your own first responder!! Get your Conceal Carry. I'd rather have it & NOT need it ... than to need it and NOT have it."

Facebook

Hmm, I wonder what happens to the people who got their CCLs from his classes. It should just depend on his syllabus, right?

In Illinois it is very possible that he could be a Felon and a LEGAL Instructor. There is a process for non-violent felons to have their firearm rights restored. I have helped felons do just that, they had their FOIDs returned or in one case a first FOID for someone in their 60s. With the FOID they then could qualify for their CCL. One even went on to become an NRA Instructor. All Legally.

I would hate to have you guys on my jury,

In Illinois it is very possible that he could be a Felon and a LEGAL Instructor. There is a process for non-violent felons to have their firearm rights restored. I have helped felons do just that, they had their FOIDs returned or in one case a first FOID for someone in their 60s. With the FOID they then could qualify for their CCL. One even went on to become an NRA Instructor. All Legally.

You are correct. I agree. Certain felons should not be denied the "right to keep and bear arms."

That's what the lawyers in the courtroom are for. Like the police, we can't know every law in the land. Thanks for the info.

91602643_143252933896902_782673702826278Tracey Massey = Tray Massey = ? Tray Biggs ?At least the child running the drink stand has only a slingshot.

Another web site says Terry Massey

So we really don’t know who this guy is.

Could be he is everyone.

What we do know is that with 114k in drugs in his possession he will more than likely lose his FOID and CCL what ever way he got them! Unless we are not issuing drug licenses along with the CCL’s. Legal weed dispensary?

Archived