Jump to content

Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2021


Mr. Fife

Recommended Posts

Congrats on the card activation! There is an application available from the United States Postal Service that can allow you to track regular mail that is to be delivered to your residence. It is called informed delivery, and is available here https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action. With my renewal, the card was "scheduled" to be delivered on a Wednesday, and I got in on a Friday. If I did not get it on Friday, I had enough information (including a picture of the envelope) to initiate a claim with the USPS, as well as (if it was lost), documentation for the Illinois State Police to show that it was lost in the mail.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 8:16 AM, Stats said:

Congrats on the card activation! There is an application available from the United States Postal Service that can allow you to track regular mail that is to be delivered to your residence. It is called informed delivery, and is available here https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action. With my renewal, the card was "scheduled" to be delivered on a Wednesday, and I got in on a Friday. If I did not get it on Friday, I had enough information (including a picture of the envelope) to initiate a claim with the USPS, as well as (if it was lost), documentation for the Illinois State Police to show that it was lost in the mail.

 

 

Interesting. I was already signed up for this service but basically never look at the mail section (I just check the package section).  Sure enough on Wednesday it showed a envelope from  the ISP was scanned.  I have yet to actually get that piece of mail yet.  Since yours was delayed until getting it, I will give it up to a week to see if it shows up. Stay tuned…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/29/2021 at 3:09 PM, Rmac702 said:

 But they are supposedly catching up on the backlog....😄😄

 

I wish.   Waiting on my CCL renewal uploaded with class refresher course certificate, prints on file  on July 16th. 2020 ......  443 days ago.   

 

Absolutely ridiculous.    Gotta love Illinois.   Haven't had so much as a parking ticket since I first received my original CCL.   Should be clean as a whistle renewal.

 

At this rate, I'll be signing up for my next CCL renewal class because the license I've yet to receive will be expiring, almost before I get the damn thing.

Edited by Tod
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2021 at 5:33 PM, Verdict said:

Interesting. I was already signed up for this service but basically never look at the mail section (I just check the package section).  Sure enough on Wednesday it showed a envelope from  the ISP was scanned.  I have yet to actually get that piece of mail yet.  Since yours was delayed until getting it, I will give it up to a week to see if it shows up. Stay tuned…

I was wondering what I should do in this instance.  I have not received my card it was apparently "lost" in the mail.  When I click on the website to report as lost I get told this:

If you have not received your card within that time contact the Firearm Services Bureau Call Center at (217) 782-7980.

 

I have tried calling this number numerous times and can never get anyone to talk to.  Should I fork over another $75 to get the card replaced without getting a hold of them? After waiting the 558 days to go active and now waiting their recommended period of time to report it lost.  

 

This is just my luck.  They shouldn't even advertise that number because you can't reach anyone.  This entire renewal process has been a complete and object failure for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2021 at 1:04 PM, Verdict said:

I was wondering what I should do in this instance.  I have not received my card it was apparently "lost" in the mail.  When I click on the website to report as lost I get told this:

If you have not received your card within that time contact the Firearm Services Bureau Call Center at (217) 782-7980.

 

I have tried calling this number numerous times and can never get anyone to talk to.  Should I fork over another $75 to get the card replaced without getting a hold of them? After waiting the 558 days to go active and now waiting their recommended period of time to report it lost.  

 

This is just my luck.  They shouldn't even advertise that number because you can't reach anyone.  This entire renewal process has been a complete and object failure for me.

 

 

Do not report it lost, you do not want to get stuck in that loop.

 

Send an email to this address.  Be sure to include your full legal name, date of birth, and CCL number

ISP.CCW.Illinois@illinois.gov

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 I currently have my Foid card and applied for my CCL my status is under board review. The board had an objection on me getting my CCL. I have never been to jail/fingerprinted or arrested. What I do have is assaults on my record all from my mother calling the police on me at the age of 12-15. I am currently 23 , are you able to help me? 

CCL:applied 01/31/2020

Under board review 04/16/2020

Letter received in mail 04/27/2020

Replied to objections  10/07/2020

Waiting 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/7/2021 at 8:43 AM, Kaylat said:

 I currently have my Foid card and applied for my CCL my status is under board review. The board had an objection on me getting my CCL. I have never been to jail/fingerprinted or arrested. What I do have is assaults on my record all from my mother calling the police on me at the age of 12-15. I am currently 23 , are you able to help me? 

CCL:applied 01/31/2020

Under board review 04/16/2020

Letter received in mail 04/27/2020

Replied to objections  10/07/2020

Waiting 

 

 

Once you submit a response to the review board, the only thing you can do is wait on their decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2021 at 1:32 PM, Molly B. said:

 

 

Do not report it lost, you do not want to get stuck in that loop.

 

Send an email to this address.  Be sure to include your full legal name, date of birth, and CCL number

ISP.CCW.Illinois@illinois.gov

 

 

On 10/4/2021 at 3:05 PM, Verdict said:

I sent them an email.  Hopefully this can get resolved quickly.


579 days since submitting and I can now report that I have my card in hand. Someone got my card in the mail and sent it back to the ISP.  The ISP was basically holding it until I contacted them.  Hope to never go through this lengthy process again! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2021 at 5:09 PM, Crash said:

Does anyone else have a status that shows like mine does? I’ve contacted my rep and the ISP replied that I am covered by COVID rules. I’m a little iffy on carrying with just an email from my Rep and my rental notification in other states. 

2439BECB-4B52-4AF9-88B8-D94B0F777C53.jpeg

 

My 8 month long  CCL renewal shows an issue date,  but has the expiration date as Covid.  I would not feel comfortable with what your expiration date is showing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2021 at 5:09 PM, Crash said:

Does anyone else have a status that shows like mine does? I’ve contacted my rep and the ISP replied that I am covered by COVID rules. I’m a little iffy on carrying with just an email from my Rep and my renewal notification in other states. 

2439BECB-4B52-4AF9-88B8-D94B0F777C53.jpeg

 

 

Agree with Rmac .... my expiration has shown "COVID-19" as the expiration date, ever since I renewed some 450 days ago.    FYI  My issue date reflects a issue date of  an address change, but kept 2020 expiration date.   The original CCL license was issued the first time in 2015, expired in 2020.   Still waiting for renewal.

 

 

Screenshot 2021-10-13.png

Edited by Tod
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2021 at 12:39 PM, Tod said:

 

 

Agree with Rmac .... my expiration has shown "COVID-19" as the expiration date, ever since I renewed some 450 days ago.    FYI  My issue date reflects a issue date of  an address change, but kept 2020 expiration date.   The original CCL license was issued the first time in 2015, expired in 2020.   Still waiting for renewal.

 

 

 

Tod- I definitely feel your pain. I was complaining that it took 229 days to renew my CCL (and fingerprints were on file). Having waited 450 days, you definitely have the patience of a Saint. Have you tried contacting your state representative/ senator? They might be able to do an inquiry via an ISP "Liaison". They might be able to get some additional information (or exposure) on a potential issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...