Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2021

Mr. Fife

On 2/22/2022 at 11:40 AM, Little Duck said:

212 days. I sent an E-mail to Brendan Kelly Monday. It is amazing, I got an e-mail today that my card is going to the printer and should be getting it in the next 10 business days. 

Thanks for the e-mail addys.

I fired off a polite full information filled e-mail this evening 2/22/22.

I hope that the reply is as fruitful as yours was. I’ll keep updates as they arrive.

On 2/18/2022 at 8:39 PM, Bubbacs said:

The misses card now says it expired 8/08/2021. And that’s correct. She renewed her CCL 07/06/2021.

it states this:  We have received your submission and your payment was successful. We have not yet reviewed any aspect of your application. It is in the verification queue.

I’m not special and many are waiting also. But I would feel a little better if it was being reviewed/processed etc.

Her FOID doesn’t expire until 2023. But should the expire date not be Covid or is it expired?

I submitted and paid for my renewal 3/29/21.  Expiration had been listed as "COVID-19", but recently changed.  Submitted training certificate, no prints.

Renewal
Status
Under Review
Printed
6/27/2016
Expiration
6/27/2021

We have received your submission and your payment was successful. We have not yet reviewed any aspect of your application. It is in the verification queue.

Ahh. Welcome to the group of “we don’t process anything yet” club.

Kind of has a nice ring to it yes? I’m thinking we need a Facebook “Group” or something to keep our little family.

This whole “we can use covid” to abuse our worthless powers is getting old.

The shame of all this is unlike those groups who get all the attention (anti’s) we have no point of contact to rep us and have to go it alone one by one by one. Ok. Now about that Facebook Group.........

🙂 Finally, I received an email this morning from the ISP stating a status change:  We have completed our initial review of your submission and have determined that all necessary items are present. Your application has been moved to the background review queue.   This CCL renewal is just over a year old, 3hr training certificate sent 2-2021 with no prints. 

On 2/22/2022 at 8:19 PM, Bubbacs said:

Thanks for the e-mail addys.

I fired off a polite full information filled e-mail this evening 2/22/22.

I hope that the reply is as fruitful as yours was. I’ll keep updates as they arrive.

Yes I know quoting my own thread is wrong!

Last evening as stated around 8:00pm this e-mail went out.

Just now as I was attempting to fill my belly, I was interrupted by an e-mail alert on my iPad.

Wow, yes you know where this is going. I’ll just copy the base of the mail here.

Good morning,
Thank you for contacting the Illinois State Police. Mrs. Elliott's CCL application has been reviewed and approved. She will receive a new card in the mail in approximately 10 business days.”

Directly from the office of the director.????? Wow.

I’ll be back to update in 10 days. All this time with no information, no contact and no movement. And now it went from 0 to done over night! Color me amazed.

On 2/23/2022 at 9:25 AM, Bubbacs said:

Just now as I was attempting to fill my belly, I was interrupted by an e-mail alert on my iPad.

Wow, yes you know where this is going. I’ll just copy the base of the mail here.

Good morning,
Thank you for contacting the Illinois State Police. Mrs. Elliott's CCL application has been reviewed and approved. She will receive a new card in the mail in approximately 10 business days.”

I’ll be back to update in 10 days. All this time with no information, no contact and no movement. And now it went from 0 to done over night! Color me amazed.

Wow, her renewal was not a year old like mine is.  I was happy an hour ago just to see my status has moved to background check, now I'm jealous of her renewal time, oh well.

I posted this in a different thread, but if any others had cards in the batch that was supposed to have been printed on 1/18/22, I just got off the phone after 1 1/2 hours on hold with ISP and this is my post from the other thread in case someone has trouble finding it and is wondering.  

----------------------------------------------

Just in case anyone else is in the batch from 1/18/22 where your card shows printed, after about 1 1/2 hours on hold, I got to speak to an agent.  He told me that I was the 3rd person he'd helped with the same issue, and that the CCL printers were aware of it.  He stated for some reason in that batch they appear to have appeared as issued, but were never actually printed.  So it sounds like they were going to have to go back and print that batch.  He said I should receive my card within 10-15 days.  I'll post this in the wait time thread as well.  

On 2/23/2022 at 9:25 AM, Bubbacs said:

Good morning,

What did you put in the email?  Request for assistance or a hearing?

On 2/23/2022 at 1:09 PM, wrangler said:

What did you put in the email?  Request for assistance or a hearing?

Politely stated her case. Didn't ask for a hearing. I did ask that they look into her application. I gave very detailed info from the portal. Made it a wish you could please take a look letter. Only stated what was factual and didn't stretch the truth. I wanted a fresh look at this and it would seem they did just that. We just checked this late afternoon and her status has changed from under review to approved and all checks done etc and awaiting printing!  Hope that helps. 

I've not been a friend of the ISP as some will well know from my posts. But this e-mail interaction did and does soften the blows I've been experiencing prior. I'll give them a 8.5 for this one. But I will see if it shows up as stated! IF your are 6 plus months out then this or contacting your local rep would seem to be the best. I'll assume that a flood of e-mails for 60 days behind might clog the system and have them go back into their shells. Just my opinion. YMMV

On 2/23/2022 at 10:47 AM, illinois_buckeye said:

I posted this in a different thread, but if any others had cards in the batch that was supposed to have been printed on 1/18/22, I just got off the phone after 1 1/2 hours on hold with ISP and this is my post from the other thread in case someone has trouble finding it and is wondering.  

----------------------------------------------

Just in case anyone else is in the batch from 1/18/22 where your card shows printed, after about 1 1/2 hours on hold, I got to speak to an agent.  He told me that I was the 3rd person he'd helped with the same issue, and that the CCL printers were aware of it.  He stated for some reason in that batch they appear to have appeared as issued, but were never actually printed.  So it sounds like they were going to have to go back and print that batch.  He said I should receive my card within 10-15 days.  I'll post this in the wait time thread as well.  

I got ahold of a representative and legislative aid and they are also contacting the police as well.

This is just nutty.

On 2/23/2022 at 4:56 PM, Bubbacs said:

Politely stated her case. Didn't ask for a hearing. I did ask that they look into her application. I gave very detailed info from the portal. Made it a wish you could please take a look letter. Only stated what was factual and didn't stretch the truth. I wanted a fresh look at this and it would seem they did just that. We just checked this late afternoon and her status has changed from under review to approved and all checks done etc and awaiting printing!  Hope that helps. 

I've not been a friend of the ISP as some will well know from my posts. But this e-mail interaction did and does soften the blows I've been experiencing prior. I'll give them a 8.5 for this one. But I will see if it shows up as stated! IF your are 6 plus months out then this or contacting your local rep would seem to be the best. I'll assume that a flood of e-mails for 60 days behind might clog the system and have them go back into their shells. Just my opinion. YMMV

OK, I gave it a shot.  I've just been waiting, and did not attempt contact before.  I sent the email to Kelley; we'll see if my luck matches yours.

To Brendan Kelly

Regarding Excessive Wait Time for Concealed Carry License Application number XXXXXXXX

I applied for my Illinois concealed carry license on 0/00/0000 Illinois law states that a license application shall be approved or denied within 90 days if finger prints are provided, or allowed an additional 30 days without finger prints. I have now been waiting approximately 211 days.

I believe that the state of Illinois Firearm Services Bureau is in violation of the law and is denying me my right to bear arms by purposefully delaying the issuance of my concealed carry license.

I am writing today to seek assistance in forcing the state to comply with its’ laws and issue my concealed carry license immediately.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Respectfully

This is what I sent in the E-Mail to them.

Just FYI for others. I didn’t say anything about the state being in violation of the law. No soap box stand about our rights or the 2nd amendment. I was pretty sure they know the number of days allowed. I’ve always found that a polite non condescending approach was always accepted better. I also am of the opinion that each of these if it becomes a mass e-mail campaign will begin to be passed on by dates in, dates out!

The wife and I feel very lucky to have gotten this reply and now feel that if others don’t get a response as fast or at all this e-mailing the leadership at ISP might disappear as a viable solution.

we didn’t post our exact letters content as each of us will have differing views as to how to talk to the state police whom most here hate. Pent up I’ll feelings and possible hatred towards them could be a path we don’t need. 

If any part part of this did or does help those who have been waiting that’s great. But having it become a negative tool moving forward I don’t believe would benefit any of us. I for one feel bad that I shared this success as others may not be as lucky and those behind us might get more aggressive in their text. 

Good Luck to everyone and we hope that success for all is meet! 

On 2/24/2022 at 9:15 AM, Kaos said:

What is the average wait time for a new card?

Per the ISP, most recent for a new CCL with fingerprints is 78 days, a new CCL without fingerprints is 115 days. Please note that this is average processing time without mailing. Below is the recent history of CCL processing times. Please note that the ISP does not process applications in the order in which they are received.

image.png.775e7c6070e8ba8676f141c43a82021c.png

Those times are likely accurate as well.  I applied 9/21/21, approved on 1/18/22.  But still waiting because according to isp there was an issue with that batch of cards and I think they are printing it to mail.  I should have the card in a few days, but you are basically talking about now 5 months due to the error with the cards.  But others are quicker as well.  Just be prepared that this won’t be a fast process.  

On 2/23/2022 at 9:03 AM, Rmac702 said:

🙂 Finally, I received an email this morning from the ISP stating a status change:  We have completed our initial review of your submission and have determined that all necessary items are present. Your application has been moved to the background review queue.   This CCL renewal is just over a year old, 3hr training certificate sent 2-2021 with no prints. 

It's moving along now:   Your submission successfully completed the background review and has been sent to await printing.

On 2/25/2022 at 9:58 PM, Konyo312 said:

I received my FOID/CCL card today.  I did not receive any notification that it had been issued.  I was notified earlier this month that it had moved to the background check queue.

Applied 1/19/21 with training and no prints.

403 days from application to card in hand.

I checked the ISPFSB site and my FOID has an expiration date in 2032.  CCL states 2027.  So it’s 10y and 5y from this month.  Surprised that it is a full 5y and another 10y on FOID.  My FOID had a 2023 expiration date.

Update:

so to recap, I sent our e-mail on 2/22/22.

as of this evening (2/28/22) the wife’s card went active and printed as stated in the ISP portal.

the e-mail said ten days and we are at six. now we wait for old man usps!

so 7/06/21 for renewal.

seven months three weeks to active. 

ccl is five years as expected and the foid is ten years.

ill update when the card is in hand and see if it’s the new all in one card.

Archived