Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2021

Mr. Fife

On 2/2/2022 at 1:41 PM, solareclipse2 said:

Something  else interesting until this morning my FOID and CCL expirations were COVID-19. Now they show 1/31/2032 for my FOID and 01/31/2027 for my CCL. My FOID was supposed to expire 02/01/2023 so it looks like they took the liberty of automatically renewing my FOID for me.

Mine also shows an expiration date today. Yesterday it was still showing covid .

It’s interesting you say that about the renewals.  I got my foid in 2020, but I logged into the portal, I still haven’t gotten my ccl in the mail, which was supposed to have been printed on the 18th, but they show the ccl with an expiration of 1/18/2027 which should be correct, however the foid has been updated to show a new date of 1/18/2032 for expiration.  So is that just due to the ccl?  Should I expect they will send a new foid as well?

On 2/2/2022 at 1:41 PM, solareclipse2 said:

Something  else interesting until this morning my FOID and CCL expirations were COVID-19. Now they show 1/31/2032 for my FOID and 01/31/2027 for my CCL. My FOID was supposed to expire 02/01/2023 so it looks like they took the liberty of automatically renewing my FOID for me.

Ditto for me too! 

I had just checked yesterday and saw the Renew data as COVID-19

The interesting thing is that for the FOID it does not show, at least yet, a new one being printed with the new expiration. 

Just throwing this out there for those in the same boat. Wife's renewal was in July 2021. And this is what it says as of today.

application ccl still under review. We have received your submission and your payment was successful. We have not yet reviewed any aspect of your application. It is in the verification queue.

Haven't reviewed ANY parts of the application? Since July? 

On 2/2/2022 at 8:37 PM, Bubbacs said:

Just throwing this out there for those in the same boat. Wife's renewal was in July 2021. And this is what it says as of today.

application ccl still under review. We have received your submission and your payment was successful. We have not yet reviewed any aspect of your application. It is in the verification queue.

Haven't reviewed ANY parts of the application? Since July? 

Don't feel bad, my CCL renewal was sent in February 2021 with an April 2021 expiration, and it says the exact same thing as your wife's app.

Checked my FOID and CCL expiration dates on ispfsb site.  They no longer state COVID-19.  The original dates are restored.  CCL expired and still waiting on renewal submitted January 2021.  Still under review; no status change.

Hopefully with the end of COVID, they will start processing and complete in 90-120 days.

So now that my CCL is no longer extended under COVID and officially expired, I can’t legally carry, correct?

On 2/3/2022 at 8:53 AM, Rmac702 said:

Don't feel bad, my CCL renewal was sent in February 2021 with an April 2021 expiration, and it says the exact same thing as your wife's app.

spit balling here. what if because of all the mess when the virus started and they were scrambling, what if, there is a huge laundry basket of apps sitting in a cold dark damp room somewhere there and no one knows to process them? I get the EO is still in effect. But at what point does it make sense that there are those who applied 3 to 4 months ago got new cards and there are those of us who have seen no movement at all after 8 plus months? I mean their statement that they havent reviewed AMY part of the process would mean complete incompetency maybe?

I wish one of the reforms they had implemented was strict first in first out processing with no exceptions. Just grab the next application off the pile and process it until it is approved or goes to a further review queue that is also picked up in order of arrival. It is a constitutional right so everyone should be treated equally.

On 2/3/2022 at 12:29 PM, davel501 said:

I wish one of the reforms they had implemented was strict first in first out processing with no exceptions. Just grab the next application off the pile and process it until it is approved or goes to a further review queue that is also picked up in order of arrival. It is a constitutional right so everyone should be treated equally.

Aside from the QC part of the process which should really be randomized periodic spot checks, I don't understand what part of this process isn't or can't be automated with little or no human involvement until the card needs to be put in an envelope and delivered to the post office. 

On 2/3/2022 at 11:49 AM, Molly B. said:

It's not a laundry basket,  but close,  in my opinion it's the original old computer system and anyone who renewed prior to July 2021 is stuck in there...

And no one thinks to scan the hard drives of these old computers? Do you think anyone who can actually speak to someone there (MollyB) could ask this question?

On 2/3/2022 at 12:52 PM, solareclipse2 said:

Aside from the QC part of the process which should really be randomized periodic spot checks, I don't understand what part of this process isn't or can't be automated with little or no human involvement until the card needs to be put in an envelope and delivered to the post office. 

I don't know what the humans are doing that a bot couldn't do better.

Going on 3 weeks with still no card in hand.

Can't believe it takes 3 weeks to send a piece of mail.

I renewed my license plates online and got my sticker within 2 days.

I don't get it.

They're probably just pencil-whipping applications to make it appear like they're meeting their established deadlines when in reality these cards have probably not even been printed as stated.

On 2/5/2022 at 3:14 PM, kpeklund91 said:

Going on 3 weeks with still no card in hand.

Can't believe it takes 3 weeks to send a piece of mail.

I renewed my license plates online and got my sticker within 2 days.

I don't get it.

They're probably just pencil-whipping applications to make it appear like they're meeting their established deadlines when in reality these cards have probably not even been printed as stated.

i feel what you are saying.  Getting annoyed that it’s taking this long to get a card that I effectively paid 300 dollars for(150 for class, 150 for the application).

It should only take a few days to send mail.

On 2/5/2022 at 3:52 PM, illinois_buckeye said:

i feel what you are saying.  Getting annoyed that it’s taking this long to get a card that I effectively paid 300 dollars for(150 for class, 150 for the application).

It should only take a few days to send mail.

Literally just said the same thing out loud. 

I understand that USPS is slow but I'm beginning to suspect it's ISP just marking it as complete when in reality they're just fudging the system to appear competent.

Well we're at 7 days since my CCL was supposedly printed and it hasn't showed up at my door BUT some new weirdness on the ISP website. It shows my FOID was printed on 02/05... so are they sending me a separate FOID and CCL?

If they are sending separate cards, I wonder if they were holding them both to get mailed at the same time? or are they sending each one on it's own and just walking them from Springfield to Chicago?

If they're sending me one of those new combined cards I wonder if the FOID printing date is the actual printing date? If that's the case it makes sense why I haven't gotten my CCL yet. 

Let’s get real here. If others as posted have renewed from March, July, September of 2021 and they all say they got them but haven’t started ANY part of the process then there is a huge disconnect here. We can all agree the virus MAY have disrupted the flow of cards. But anything at or over 6 months which says nothing has been started should not be acceptable. Where and who are those speaking for us? Left on our own we are supposed to get a hold of Reps to make a complaint? That’s the exact definition of crazy, they either don’t like guns and if they do will not or just flat out don’t care about ruffling the feathers in Springfield. 

If things with the foid and CCL actually worked as stated in the statute, this web site would be nearly dead. Outside of the back room and out meme thread there would be no posts.

/rant off

Archived