Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2021

Mr. Fife

The crown has looked favorably upon my request to exercise my God given rights. My FOID with CCL endorsement arrived in 117 days.

I was upset because I renewed my FOID too until I read the threads about the cards no longer having expiration dates. I purchase a lot of ammo online so having that extra 10 years worked out well. I applied for the FOID on 9/20 and it was issued on 9/27, had it in hand about a week later.

On 1/18/2022 at 10:54 AM, davel501 said:

The crown has looked favorably upon my request to exercise my God given rights. My FOID with CCL endorsement arrived in 117 days.

I was upset because I renewed my FOID too until I read the threads about the cards no longer having expiration dates. I purchase a lot of ammo online so having that extra 10 years worked out well. I applied for the FOID on 9/20 and it was issued on 9/27, had it in hand about a week later.

So you applied for a CCL in September of 2021 then? Did you send prints?

On 1/20/2022 at 1:01 PM, Konyo312 said:

How is it that SC can approve my non-resident CWP in 2 weeks with $0 fee?

Short Answer: Because they want to. 

Long answer: Because they want to and they don't feel the need to ring every last cent out of their residents while simultaneously screwing them over. 

On 1/19/2022 at 7:05 AM, illinois_buckeye said:

Update on my first time app.  I’d applied on September 21.  Checked this morning and now I show that it was printed on January 18.  Just waiting on the mailman now I guess.  Didn’t submit prints.

Here is how the average days processing has been tracking for NEW CCL applications. Things look to be getting a little bit better. For whatever reason, the ISP does not divulge information on CCL renewals.

image.png.74b2a4215ff21a5613f81b1e95339f39.png

image.thumb.png.76574f74acce7ff18f46a037af88c241.png

image.thumb.png.dc93819a8a8bce62929e1ee662a3c619.png

9 November 2021 I submitted my CCL renewal

6 January 2022 the status was changed to Under Review with this detail: We have completed our initial review of your submission and have determined that all necessary items are present. Your application has been moved to the background review queue.

26 January 2022 the status is still Under Review but with the following detail: Your submission successfully completed the background review and has been sent to await printing.

On 1/26/2022 at 8:41 PM, ScottFM said:

6 January 2022 the status was changed to Under Review with this detail: We have completed our initial review of your submission and have determined that all necessary items are present. Your application has been moved to the background review queue.

26 January 2022 the status is still Under Review but with the following detail: Your submission successfully completed the background review and has been sent to await printing.

I applied Oct 15, no prints, and got the same message "We have completed our initial review of your submission and have determined that all necessary items are present. Your application has been moved to the background review queue."

I'm also hopeful this goes quickly. I'm also going to take this as a lesson not to let my license expire in the first place but that's another story. 

Actually fun story, I logged back in to the website and now the status is still under review but with the note "Your submission successfully completed the background review and has been sent to await printing."

So that's actually pretty cool so now it's just a question of how long it takes to get from this stage to the printer and then to my house. 

And now my card was printed today so for those keeping score at home...

Submitted without prints: 10/15/2021

Under Review: 01/27/2022- 10:16 AM

Card Sent for printing: 01/27/2022- 11:07 AM

Card Printed: 01/31/2022

That's 108 days from submission to printing. Now it's up to the post office to get it to me. If it gets here in 12 days that would be 120 days exactly from submission to delivery. 

On 1/26/2022 at 8:41 PM, ScottFM said:

Status update: Printed 31 Jan 2022

On 2/1/2022 at 10:18 AM, illinois_buckeye said:

Don’t count on that 12 days.  Supposedly my card was printed on the 18th.  As of yesterday I still have not received it in the mail.

Sending a piece of mail from one city to another, in the same state should take more than two or three days so if it was printed and actually mailed then maybe it's lost or stolen. That's unfortunate. 

On 2/1/2022 at 10:54 AM, solareclipse2 said:

Sending a piece of mail from one city to another, in the same state should take more than two or three days so if it was printed and actually mailed then maybe it's lost or stolen. That's unfortunate. 

It took 2-3 weeks for my wife and I to get ours. I used to work in commercial print for a company that printed the bills for companies like Verizon. Once the USPS trailer left our dock the item was in the mail and tracking in the USPS system...even if the trailer just got parked out in the corner of the lot while the USPS tried to find a truck to grab it.

I wonder if something like that is going on here where the cards are considered "in the mail" by the ISP once they hit the bins that are going to the USPS.

Archived