Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2021

Mr. Fife

I forgot to mention that i applied with no prints too. Im still suprised that i was active that fast i was ready for a long wait like sometime in 2022 lol. Good luck and hopefully you go active this week.

Applied w/o prints for CCL

3/21/2021

ACTIVE 7/22/2021

Card in hand today 7/28/2021

This was a first time application from a ex felon with his rights restored. I was in appeals for over three years to get my rights restored and it seemed like a long process but well worth it. Thank you MollyB for answering all my questions and the inquiries and help i really appreciate it.

Congrats the long haul is finally over received mine same yesterday this website and MollyB are super helpful thank you!

Applied w/o prints for CCL
3/21/2021
ACTIVE 7/22/2021
Card in hand today 7/28/2021
This was a first time application from a ex felon with his rights restored. I was in appeals for over three years to get my rights restored and it seemed like a long process but well worth it. Thank you MollyB for answering all my questions and the inquiries and help i really appreciate it.

On 8/4/2021 at 5:54 PM, Jeepin Bowhunter said:

First time application without prints 3-27-2021. I have been checking daily and went active today 8-4-2021. 130 days to process. I'll post again when I have the card in hand.

I received my card in the mail today, August 9th, 2021.  total time from application without prints to card in hand:  136 days.

I just don’t understand why new application would take much less time than renewals. I started my renewal process on 12/22/20 with prints on file and 231 days later and two unanswered emails to ISP still under review. This system is really f…up. My Utah renewal only took two weeks and was submitted very same time. So I guess some states can manage and other like IL is basically mission impossible….like everything else in this state🤮🤮🤮🤮

17 hours ago, WaltherPPQ said:

I just don’t understand why new application would take much less time than renewals. I started my renewal process on 12/22/20 with prints on file and 231 days later and two unanswered emails to ISP still under review. This system is really f…up. My Utah renewal only took two weeks and was submitted very same time. So I guess some states can manage and other like IL is basically mission impossible….like everything else in this state🤮🤮🤮🤮

Have you gotten a hold of the law firm that's filing on behalf of the people experiencing long delays?

If so, can you tell me the process?

If not, have you considered this option?

I renewed 1/10/21, and like you, under review.

Yes those who according to the state already have the right to carry AND due to the NOT expired cards would seem about right.

And those who are getting a new right to carry they are trying to get to them to possibly stay off any more possible lawsuits.

So to summarize: you can carry now and your next door neighbor wants to. He gets processed first.

and the disclaimer is yes it’s a right we don’t need a card for

and a right denied blah blah blah etc

I’m still under review for CCL renewal. It has been 7 months since I submitted my application, and 4 months since the expiration on my card. The COVID expiration is set to 18 months after the termination of the disaster declaration.

I looked up the declaration and latest filing was July 23 and says it is for 30 days. I guess they renew it every 30 days. There sure are a lot of “whereas” clauses.

Anyway, I’m planning to take a South Carolina CWP course in early September and apply for a non-resident permit. Already have my property proof paperwork ready to go. I would bet that gets approved and issued before my Illinois CCL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 8/10/2021 at 5:41 PM, WaltherPPQ said:

So it looks like my CCL went finally active today….took 245 days.

Archived