Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2021

Mr. Fife

I officially have had enough of this. I have been waiting 417 days for my renewal.

Is there a state representative that I can contact? Can someone point me in the right direction?

What is the current status on the ISP portal today? Does it say Active Covid Under Review or Under board review

Are you still carrying due to the Covid policy of a non expiring CCL.

And lastly, pm MollyB with you information and work with her as she does miracles sometimes.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

I officially have had enough of this. I have been waiting 417 days for my renewal.

Is there a state representative that I can contact? Can someone point me in the right direction?

What is the current status on the ISP portal today? Does it say Active Covid Under Review or Under board review

Are you still carrying due to the Covid policy of a non expiring CCL.

And lastly, pm MollyB with you information and work with her as she does miracles sometimes.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Thank you for the info! I am showing Active Covid Under Review. I am absolutely still carrying since I technically am active. I bring a printout of the portal with me. This 100% impacts certain transactions that I ran into (companies want to see an active card not a expired one). I’ll send a PM to MollyB and see if she would have any recommendations.

These wait times make no sense, yes I know we have been saying that for years.

But some of the number of days since application are bat s#++ crazy.

We have done two renewals here and four friends who needed the class, all came back with just short of the 90 days we expected!

Same with two FOID’s here and one we helped with.

P.S. Will County just FYI. Not Cook.

These are the "official" numbers according to the ISP website.

I cannot find anywhere how it counts day; calendar or business.

https://isp.illinois.gov/Foid

Fingerprint CCL Average Processing Time (Days): 136.01 New FOID application Average Processing Time (Days): 126.35 FTIP Average Processing Time (Hours): 50 FOID Renewal Average Processing Time (Days): 176.54 Non-Fingerprint CCL Average Processing Time (Days): 160.04 Month/Year: Mar 2021

These wait times make no sense, yes I know we have been saying that for years.

But some of the number of days since application are bat s#++ crazy.

We have done two renewals here and four friends who needed the class, all came back with just short of the 90 days we expected!

Same with two FOID’s here and one we helped with.

P.S. Will County just FYI. Not Cook.

I think I may have shot myself in the foot (figuratively).

I applied for a CCL renewal early July 2020. Still under review. Still waiting.

But I had to start the renew process of my FOID card last week or it would have expired.

That probably means I "recycled" the wait clock, right?

What a load of crap.

Amazed you were able to help get someone's license renewed in 90 day time frame.

But I had to start the renew process of my FOID card last week or it would have expired.

ISP FAQ

Q. What is the impact of the state's disaster declaration on my FOID expiration date?

A. Firearms Owners Identification (FOID) card holders and Concealed Carry License (CCL) holders, who submit their renewal application will remain valid during the duration of the state's disaster proclamation and for a period of 18 months (previously 12 months) following the termination of the disaster, even if their renewal application is/was not submitted prior to expiration

After how many days is it unconstitutional to keep one of these applications under review?...Just reading some of these, 4months to a year?! Absolutely unacceptable...hoping the bill passes so people who are allowed to carry/buy a gun, don't have to worry about buying a card to express a right given to us.

ISP FAQ

Q. What is the impact of the state's disaster declaration on my FOID expiration date?

A. Firearms Owners Identification (FOID) card holders and Concealed Carry License (CCL) holders, who submit their renewal application will remain valid during the duration of the state's disaster proclamation and for a period of 18 months (previously 12 months) following the termination of the disaster, even if their renewal application is/was not submitted prior to expiration

Hmmmm. Thanks. Sounds like I didn't need to renew the FOID card even though it was set to expire. But all I read was the "who submit their renewal application will remain valid." But typical of our State, the last part "even if their renewal application is/was not submitted....." seems to say otherwise. Oh well, I screwed up. At the rate the state's going, it's going to be years before I get either the FOID or the CCL renewal card. I've been waiting since July 2020 for the CCL renewal. What's a few more months, give or take a year or two, to now get both.

A buddy went active 04/20/2021 and still has not received the license in the mail. Anything that he should do?

Normally they state that if it’s not there in 30 days to make an inquiry to ISP.

Before I did that I would wait the full 30 days and then PM MollyB here at IC and see if she can help.

Wouldn’t want to powers to be at ISP to deactivate it and start over as lost!

Archived