Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2021

Mr. Fife

Applied 11/9/20 with no finger prints

Active 3/15/21

Still waiting to receive card in mail. Honestly not as bad of a wait as I thought (albeit still ridiculous)!

That’s pretty good since ISP is stating average time without prints is still at 166 days, I am at 147 days, so I have 19 more days to go.

Applied 3-21-2021 without prints lol. Long wait ahead I could be dead before I get mine.

Applied 11/15 without prints, just sitting hear twiddling my thumbs checking every 10-15 minutes haha.
Well your wait should be over soon. averaging 166 days, so your 166th day is April 30th, 2021

Whats sad is that my silencer approval from the ATF came back in 136 days! Sorry, I know they arent allowed in Illinois.

Applied 3-21-2021 without prints lol. Long wait ahead I could be dead before I get mine.

Applied 11/15 without prints, just sitting hear twiddling my thumbs checking every 10-15 minutes haha.
Well your wait should be over soon. averaging 166 days, so your 166th day is April 30th, 2021

Whats sad is that my silencer approval from the ATF came back in 136 days! Sorry, I know they arent allowed in Illinois.

Yeah unfortunately I don’t think it will be that easy for me. After doing some reading it seems like because my FOID was was sent in for a COA back in June and just got approved 3/5, the clock for my CCL may have o my just begun. I would be pretty upset if that’s the case.

I applied 6/14/2020, still under review no background.

Applied: 11/21/20 with prints

Active: 3/22/21

Time to active: 122 days with prints

Will update once card in hand.

I've been a lurker, but this forum has been a great help with both my FOID (years ago) and now CCL, so I thought I'd contribute a datapoint. Also, huge thanks to Molly B. for answering my questions.

Didn't see an option to edit my original post, so here's another datapoint for those anxiously waiting.

Card in Hand: 3/26/21

Time to receive card: 4 days

Total time: 126 days from application (w/prints) to card in hand.

Applied 1/26/2020 for renewal. Still "under review" and they won't answer emails. They took my money 15 months ago and still no license. Forget that they say it's still good. Try telling that to a LEO in a reciprocal state if they ask for your CCW and it shows expired for a year. I'm also not able to get CCW insurance as they require that you provide them with a current copy of your license. To say this is BS is like saying the Titanic was delayed reaching NY. This is intentional. There's no justification for these kinds of delays and for refusing to to answer inquiries from people after you've taken their money. Blaming Covid is nonsense. My renewal was submitted months before any lockdown. My son moved to AL recently, during the Controla-Virus. He went to the courthouse, paid $40 and went home with a license 15 min. later. Blues States = BS.

Will update once card in hand.

I've been a lurker, but this forum has been a great help with both my FOID (years ago) and now CCL, so I thought I'd contribute a datapoint. Also, huge thanks to Molly B. for answering my questions.

Didn't see an option to edit my original post, so here's another datapoint for those anxiously waiting.

Card in Hand: 3/26/21

Time to receive card: 4 days

Total time: 126 days from application (w/prints) to card in hand.

Theres like a 10 or so minute grace period from OP to edit, otherwise you need to be a member.

https://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?app=subscriptions

If an out of state leo asks and looks it will show active.

Already happened and a few have posted about it.

If you look on the ISP portal it will show active unless you have done something to not have it be valid!

Which only proves that the whole delay in IL is BS. 14 months to check if you have "done something" to make it invalid? Which is what? Post something they don't like online? Attend a Trump rally? A patrol officer can run your plates and find out if there are any wants/warrants for you in seconds, not months, and they're not charging you $150. Also, just because a couple of people have had luck with an out of state officer and an expired CCW doesn't mean everyone will. I bet if you hand them your expired card and they try to contact ISP and can't get through because the "system is overloaded" or some other excuse, you will have a different experience. None of that excuses treating the citizens of this state the way we've been treated. For people who've been waiting on an FOID, they have literally denied them their constitutionally guaranteed rights out of incompetence, malice or both. They won't stop until a judge forces them to, just like they wouldn't let anyone have a CCW until the court forced them to. I will probably have left this state for good before I ever see my renewal, but I will be moving to a constitutional carry state so I will finally be done with IL and all of its corruption. Good luck.

I just wanted to post for reference. My CCL was scheduled to expire 3/2/2020. I applied for renewal on 1/13/2020 (without prints) after taking the renewal class. I received my new CCL card in the mail on 3y26/2021. That's 14 months.

Interesting. Thanks for posting. I'm waiting my renewal, submitted last July.

But here's what I find interesting. You applied for renewal TWO MONTHS BEFORE Covid really became an issue. By my count, 60 days before Covid became an issue. So I wonder why your CCL wasn't renewed within the state guidelines. I know, I know, there was a flood of new gun owners in the state.

But still, this whole issue of "new" applications being processed before "renewals" is really a bunch of BS. (I know, I know, we folks seeking renewals are "valid" under Covid guidelines.)

If you, sz62966, had to wait 14 months, applying for renewal before Covid, that probably means I, and others, seeking renewals at this point, are going to be lucky to receive our new CCLs before having to "renew the first renewals" years from now.

I can see it now, from the ISP website: "Please note, even though you haven't received your first CCL renewal which is still under review, please submit a second proof that you have retaken the refresher course again, and submit a renewal of your renewal, along with an additional payment of $500."

CCL first time application: 8/16/2020 (no prints)

FOID renewal: 8/19/2020

Currently under review at 160 days. Same application number for both.

I don't care when the FOID gets renewed given the Covid extension, but I wonder if my CCL won't get processed until they start taking care of renewals due to the shared application number. Or maybe my CCL is "on schedule" and they'll take care of the FOID renewal sooner in order to issue the CCL?

Update:

FOID Active. Issued 04/02/2021 (229 days)

CCL - Under Review

So I'm prob a peculiar case.

Originally licensed 1.6.14

License expired before I renewed (my fault forgot)

5.12.19 Tried to submit 3 hour renewal certfication and got denied (go figure)

Waited to do my 16 hours again since I was out of town for work alot and covid tings.

New Application date 3.19.22

Since fingerprints are good forever we'll see how long it'll take. But considering I paid my $150 back in 2019 for an application that was returned with the request to provide proper documentation, I'm wondering how this will all go.

Applied for CCL: 1/18/2021 With Prints

Active: 4/5/2021

Time to active: 77 Days

Card in Hand: <TBD>

Time to receive card: <TBD>

Total time: <TBD> days from application (w/prints) to card in hand.

Card in hand could be within the 90 days...Maybe they are starting to get things moving? Let's hope so for everyone.

Foid renewal 7-8-2020 252 days

New ccl with prints 9-2-2020 196 days

Still waiting I can’t get ahold of anyone to try to figure out what is going on. I’m guessing I have to wait till my foid is renewed first? I’ve sent them a couple emails and left voicemails with no response. This is getting ridiculous!!! I took the class with four of my friends they all received theirs about three months ago. Another guy know took the class a month after Me and sent in with no fingerprints and got has about a month ago.

4-2-21 my foid went active hopefully not long on my ccl now.

CCL first time application: 8/16/2020 (no prints)

FOID renewal: 8/19/2020

Currently under review at 160 days. Same application number for both.

I don't care when the FOID gets renewed given the Covid extension, but I wonder if my CCL won't get processed until they start taking care of renewals due to the shared application number. Or maybe my CCL is "on schedule" and they'll take care of the FOID renewal sooner in order to issue the CCL?

Update:

FOID Active. Issued 04/02/2021 (229 days)

CCL - Under Review

FOID in hand on 04/08/2021 <1 week after being issued (including weekend)

Hopefully the CCL is soon and not another 200+ days from today.

How does one get a hold of Molly B to have her check on our status to get it rolling?

Its been 167 days for me. Is their a specific amount of time one must wait before requesting her assistance?

It seems a few others that have applied without prints after me have already received their LTC

Applied 10/26/2020 no prints

Out of state, so no FOID required.

How does one get a hold of Molly B to have her check on our status to get it rolling?

Its been 167 days for me. Is their a specific amount of time one must wait before requesting her assistance?

It seems a few others that have applied without prints after me have already received their LTC

Applied 10/26/2020 no prints

Out of state, so no FOID required.

Send her a PM here. Just click on her name and send her a message.

Applied for CCL: 1/18/2021 With Prints

Active: 4/5/2021

Time to active: 77 Days

Card in Hand: 4/10/2021

Time to receive card: 5

Total time: 82 days from application (w/prints) to card in hand.

Card in hand could be within the 90 days...Maybe they are starting to get things moving? Let's hope so for everyone.

82 days total.

Archived