Illinois Concealed Carry Wait Time 2021

Mr. Fife

Address change on FOID 05/20/2020

Active 02/18/2021

New CCL application w/o prints 06/28/2020

02/19/2021 under review.

you would have been better served if you placed the CCL and FOID address changes at the same time.

doing these things separately have always been shown to cause delays.

if the FOID wasn't expiring it could have waited for the CCL class and application to be submitted

Good Luck

Address change on FOID 05/20/2020

Active 02/18/2021

New CCL application w/o prints 06/28/2020

02/19/2021 under review.

you would have been better served if you placed the CCL and FOID address changes at the same time.

doing these things separately have always been shown to cause delays.

if the FOID wasn't expiring it could have waited for the CCL class and application to be submitted

Good Luck

Unfortunately I was not planning on getting my CCL at that time. Do you know how long now that my FOID went active I should hear about my CCL? Does the whole process start over?

Sharing,

Includes prints

CCL Applied 11-16-20

CCL Active 3-19-21

96 days (with Thanksgiving and Christmas included)

The system worked as intended for me.

You did mean 2-19-21 and not 3-19-21 right? Lol

You did apply with prints... so I am hopefull that since I applied 10-26-2020 without prints, that I am within 30 days of getting mine! hopefully...

Although with the average being 154 days without prints... that puts me at March 29th, 2021. Puts me at just over 40 days away now.

Happy to hear they are getting their unconstitutional system back to 'normal'. Be safe.

They got their unconstitutional system near normal for you yes? 140 days without prints. Small steps. They are moving forward slowly.

Plus he sent in prints, prints are always faster.

I wished I had done prints when I flew to St Louis, hopped across the border and took my LTC class. I didnt realize they would be required to apply for the Illinois LTC instructor license.

Now I have to fly back up, just to get prints done and fly back to Dallas! Luckily.... Southwest is running a special, and I can fly round trip the same day for $99 ($126 after TTL) Uber will be $50 round trip from the airport to a fingerprinting location. Go figure that Uber costs almost as much as a plane ticket!

Once I am approved to teach, I have like 60 students lined up here in Texas to take the Illinois LTC. So I will make enough to cover the costs of the trip and still pocket some cash.

****Address Change/CCL(new) application combo****

Submitted my address change 5/27/20 and application for my CCL 5/29/20. Was told to do the address change so that the CCL wouldn't be rejected due to address mismatch in the BG report.

Would you believe that both of those are still under review 230 days later? I've called and spoken to the ISPFSB a few times over the past few months and was told the following:

1 - The address changes have been deprioritized to allow for new FOID and CCL applications to be processed.

2 - She pushed my address change application thru to the final stage of review since my info matched with Sec of State records(back in early Nov)

3 - Once my FOID address change is processed, it is back of the line for me to get my CCL application processed.(turned out to be bad info, both processed within a week of eachother)

A family member that took the CCL class with me, applied a month after me, has her card in hand for over 2 months now...only difference is no address change.

Update - Address change went active 2/18/21 and CCL 2/23/21. Only 272 days! Now we wait another couple of weeks for the card

I'm now officially at the 1 year point for my CCL renewal. I took the class this time last year and submitted my renewal.

I still don't have my CCL and the status still says "under review".

I'm glad new applicants are getting theirs at least, but I'd really like my renewal. I travel a lot and my current card shows expired.

Address Change FOID: 03/02/2021

FOID under Review: 03/02/2021

New CCL without prints:10/18/2020

Under Review: 03/02/2021

I'm never getting my CCL, I've accepted it.

Does the address change have to process and new FOID be shipped out before the CCL is shipped?

should have waited on the address change, clock resets and causes a delay.

Good Luck

Parents both applied 10/11/2020 and went active 3/1/2021, 141 days total. I applied 10/10/2020 and still under review, beyond done with this state.

Parents cards came in the mail today.

Applied 10/11/2020

Active 3/1/2021

In hand 3/6/2021

Still under review for me, can contacting state reps or ISP actually help at all?

Just checked the ISP main page.

They have uped the average time for processing based on current stats.

First time CCL with fingerprints is averaging 118 days

Up 3 days from last month at 115 days

First time CCL without fingerprints is averaging 166 days

up from last month average at 154 days

Foid renewal 7-8-2020 252 days

New ccl with prints 9-2-2020 196 days

Still waiting I can’t get ahold of anyone to try to figure out what is going on. I’m guessing I have to wait till my foid is renewed first? I’ve sent them a couple emails and left voicemails with no response. This is getting ridiculous!!! I took the class with four of my friends they all received theirs about three months ago. Another guy know took the class a month after Me and sent in with no fingerprints and got has about a month ago.

Applying for one and then applying for another shortly after will restart the timer on the first to coincide with the later.

Several threads and posts here about that. Never make changes or add stuff after starting the process for one or the other.

Bubbacs thanks for the reply. Well that really stinks for me. I don’t know if I could’ve done any differently my FOID card expired before I took my class. I don’t care so much about the foid as I’ve only been turned down once for ammo but I’m guessing I won’t get my ccl till the foid is renewed. I guess I’ll just keep patiently waiting

Applied: 11/21/20 with prints

Active: 3/22/21

Time to active: 122 days with prints

Will update once card in hand.

I've been a lurker, but this forum has been a great help with both my FOID (years ago) and now CCL, so I thought I'd contribute a datapoint. Also, huge thanks to Molly B. for answering my questions.

Archived