Presidential Debate Oct 22 - Topics Announced ( No Gun Control/"Safety")

InterestedBystander

No gun control on the agenda nor falling into announced categories that I can see. It seems it used to get discussed somewhat in prior election debates but not this election I guess unless Trump or Biden bring it up.

Full article at link...

https://www.debates.org/2020/10/16/moderator-announces-topics-for-oct-22-presidential-debate/

Moderator Announces Topics for Oct. 22 Presidential Debate

Kristen Welker, moderator of the Oct. 22, 2020 presidential debate, has selected the topics for that debate.

Subject to possible changes because of news developments, the topics are as follows, not necessarily to be brought up in this order:

Fighting COVID-19

American Families

Race in America

Climate Change

National Security

Leadership

The debate will be held on Thursday, October 22 at Belmont University in Nashville, TN.

The debate will start at 9:00 p.m. ET and run for 90 minutes without commercial interruption.

It will be fun to see how the participants deal with the mute switch.

I hope that between now and Thursday Trump doesn't pull the plug on this debate over the mute button. The last debate was canceled over china flu concerns and then both candidates went and did an in person town hall instead. There are a couple subjects that need to be talked about and the moderator won't bring it up. DT will and Joe will respond with his favorite ice cream flavor.

Well all I have to say is, if they ever go to a town hall, Trump should shoot whoever agreed to that liberal moderator on a hostile network. It was crazy watching that beech constantly interrupting and drilling nonstop, where on the other hand, Stephanopoulos played patty cakes with pervy Joe. That was just totally unbelievable how lopsided that was.

If there is another time, get Trump on Fox at least for christakes.

I hope that between now and Thursday Trump doesn't pull the plug on this debate over the mute button. The last debate was canceled over china flu concerns and then both candidates went and did an in person town hall instead. There are a couple subjects that need to be talked about and the moderator won't bring it up. DT will and Joe will respond with his favorite ice cream flavor.

Trump is saying he was promised a Foreign Policy topic which didnt make it (and would seem to give him openings to the Hunter Biden issue). Debate org says topics at discretion of moderator (who deleted their Twitter account yesterday...hmmm).

Accepting “bribes” from China or some other country to look the other way or avoid prosecutions or investigations makes that person a national security threat, due to potential blackmail.

Dan Bongino explains it here.

https://rumble.com/vaqx3j-ep.-1372-the-biden-scandal-explodes.html

Read that the controller of the mute switch for Thu was not the moderator, but the production crew back stage.

How much has he donated to the Biden campaign so far?
Thu moderator is a she...Kristen Welker.

...She's been a broadcast journalist since graduating from Harvard University with a history degree in 1998. Prior to joining NBC News, Welker was a reporter and anchor at ABC affiliate stations in Redding, California, and Providence, Rhode Island. She spent about five years at the NBC affiliate in her hometown of Philadelphia before joining NBC News in 2010 and becoming one of the network's White House correspondents in 2011.

In her current role, Welker traveled extensively with members of the Obama administration and was a primary member of the women-led team at the forefront of NBC News' 2016 election coverage. She has also appeared on many NBC and MSNBC news programs, including NBC Nightly News and Meet the Press, and was named co-anchor of Weekend Today earlier this year."...

The second debate was 100% cancelled by Trump who refused to appear remotely.

And he's the reason they changed the proposed debate format.

Any Covid concerns were entirely his fault.

ABC offered Biden a town hall.

Trump called in some favors from his old reality show network and got a shorter town hall at the same time as the Biden event.

I love the mute button.

The second debate was 100% cancelled by Trump who refused to appear remotely.

LOL, twisted narratives don't make for facts. The 2nd debate was canceled by the Presidential debate commission after two things happened, first Trump refused to agree to last minute changes to a virtual debate and instead suggested it be pushed back and rescheduled (a perfectly valid alternative) the Biden camp who would have agreed to the virtual debate flat out refused to agree to rescheduling, and then the Biden camp took it one step further and urged changes the 3rd debate format that had already both agreed to, thus both share blame to suggest otherwise shows a clear bias void of the facts.

As for Covid concerns, it's going around both camps, again ignoring the facts doesn't create alternative truths.

Even CNN agrees.

After the Commission on Presidential Debates announced that the debate on October 15 would be held virtually due to coronavirus concerns, Trump told Fox Business that he was "not going to waste my time on a virtual debate."
"I am not going to do a virtual debate," said Trump.
The comments roiled an already contentious debate process and set off a back-and-forth between the Biden and Trump campaigns. Biden's spokeswoman swiftly said that they would have agreed to a virtual format for next Thursday's contest, but because the President had seemingly bailed, they urged the commission to make the debate scheduled on October 22 a town hall debate format.
Hours later, Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien said they would be willing to push the October 15 debate back a week and then move the third debate to October 29, just days before the November 3 election.
But Biden's campaign rejected their proposal, with campaign spokeswoman Kate Bedingfield saying in response, "Donald Trump doesn't make the debate schedule; the Debate Commission does."

Off topic posts have been hidden.

Stay on topic or start a new thread.

I removed a few more.

It seems like there's some confusion about what is on or off topic, tomorrow's debate being the topic in this case, and what might be a valid discussion about other things in a thread started to discuss those other things.

Everyone needs to understand that when we remove off topic posts it's an effort to keep the conversation related to what OP intended. That's only fair. It has nothing to do with moderators agreeing or disagreeing with the removed posts or an effort to tilt things one way or another.

Archived